Remove Advertisements

Diffrent Strat for heigan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Ewige » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:56 pm

We're going for the titles. People who die on any raid boss pay 50g to the gbank (obvious exceptions on wipes and DC, etc.). Needless to say, the gbank is pretty rich :_(

A good incentive, in my opinion.
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby DracoTB » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Worldie wrote:If they can't dance on heigan then you'll have no chance in progressing on Thaddius or any harder encounter.

Thaddius is harder? :shock:
DracoTB

Postby dmok » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:45 am

DracoTB wrote:
Worldie wrote:If they can't dance on heigan then you'll have no chance in progressing on Thaddius or any harder encounter.

Thaddius is harder? :shock:

In the 25man version, thaddius is very noticibly harder.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Balanor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:18 am

On the dance, if players have their spell detail turned up enough, they can also see the safe spots from the residual lava sparkles in the air. I dont think the spell detail has to be turned up too much for this either.

Things that worked for us:
- Melee zoom all the way out on their character
- Watch for lava eruption in the next safe area
- Run to next safe area making sure they are inside the green lava sparklies

We did this with the first time with 9 of 10 people never having been tried Heigan before and it took 3 wipes before people exclaimed, "OK! I see the sparklies now".
Balanor

Postby Caelia » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:59 am

Smoke flares work wonders to mark where to run too, so basically all you say is that "as soon as you see the lava infront of you peak, run to the next flare.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby agamemnoch » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:47 am

Aedolfmawini wrote:
Belloc wrote:Just stick a mark (square) on your best dancer and have everyone follow him exactly. If someone can't get it after 2 tries, they're going to screw you on other fights.

I'm sure this is with good intentions, but it will almost certainly get you wiped (or at least cause deaths).

If you've ever done this perfectly as a guild (i.e. no deaths), you'll notice that no matter how fast the other people are, they are all behind you on your client. But on their client, you would look like you are behind them. Latency. If you wait for a person with a mark to move, you eat green crap and die far more often than if you get a clue about the encounter and move on your own.

The best way to be successful on that encounter (and many others with positioning that requires quick response time) is to do it yourself. The times when you want to put marks on "good" people are the times when the position matters a lot more than the time it takes to get there, IMO.

I guess I would be a fan of smoke markers for the inept, though. Can't really fail there.

This ++. I died a dozen times trying to follow our druids, WITH pursuit of justice, and they all said I was too slow. My latency was 189 and thats all it takes. If I run on my own, I live.
Armory Link Above
agamemnoch

Postby Wolvar » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:56 am

Thaddius is harder because if you lose 5 dps because they can't move appropriately, you pretty much can't win. At least on heigan there's enrage timer.
Wolvar

Postby Zeels » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:02 pm

Wolvar wrote:Thaddius is harder because if you lose 5 dps because they can't move appropriately, you pretty much can't win. At least on heigan there's enrage timer.

Honestly how can people not get that fight? Thought everyone had done Mechanar runs.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:17 pm

1. get the dps to STOP WORRYING ABOUT TRYING TO DPS.
Seen heaps of dps eat the green goo as they were too busy trying to squeeze off a shot or dot instead of focussing on the dance.

2. STRAFE. makes it so easy

3. no follow. follow bad. move as soon as u see the green goo shoot up.

4. looking at the platform is a great way to work out where to run to.

zone 1 - from left wall to the left edge of the platform
zone 2 - from left edge to middle
zone 3 - from middle to right edge
zone 4 - past right edge to wall
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Anacharial » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Not to burst everyone's e-peen bubble but some people play with high MS. So telling those people "no loot if you die" is stupid, you might as well rotate them or at least try to have some restraint for those in question.

And you can tell who is faking that kinda stuff, like if a guy doing fine suddenly says "I have lag so I'm fine to die right?" no, he's lying.
Once a Sinner always a Sinner..
Anacharial

Postby Levantine » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:11 pm

High MS is no excuse to die on Heigan.
Levantine

Postby majiben » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 pm

Also if your ms is so high you can't do heigan then you will be less than worthless for thaddius.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Levantine » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:28 am

Because instead of just killing yourself on Heig, you'll kill everyone else on Thad.
Levantine

Postby theckhd » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:24 am

We used smoke flares for the first time last night, and went from about 5-10 weekly Heigan failures to two, one of which was Norton AV-induced. :roll:

I think the biggest part was that people didn't really have a good feel for the boundaries, despite me trying to point out stones on the floor, or having them gauge based on the platform, or any of a number of other different ideas I've used to try and teach them.

But this time, during the first Phase 1, I dropped a flare right in the middle of each safe region, and had everyone run to the next flare as soon as the wave was over. This seemed to take care of most of the confusion.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Zeruvar » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:48 am

Wolvar wrote:Thaddius is harder because if you lose 5 dps because they can't move appropriately, you pretty much can't win. At least on heigan there's enrage timer.

completely possible to do him with 20 people. maybe people arent stacking up
Zeruvar

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon