Diffrent Strat for heigan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Calanas » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:53 am

Well finally got em down.

All it took was me, one healer who knew the dance, an OT who was in for the first time, and a rogue who kept up until his mouse froze and he ate a popped zone.

took 15 or so min, rogue did over 1M damage lol.

me and the other tank basically just whaled on em and the healer did the dance.

btw i do like the method where the heals and the ranged dps move, all our deaths were on the fast dance not the slow. me not having to move em is a better option i think, even with only 3 melee dps.

edit:

and yes i did make a "/rw calanas tea-bags %t" macro for running by the corpses.
Calanas
Level 80: Gilneas
The Covenant
Calanas

Postby theckhd » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:28 am

Elsie wrote:I don't approve of using this, but you don't currently need to do the dance. There's a spot on the map where you cannot get hit at any point by the waves.

We call this the "retard corner." :)
The dance is much more fun anyway though.

Apparently it's been there since the 40-man version. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten fixed yet.

Then again, it seems that posting anything to Maintankadin gets it fixed in short order (see also: ST xp grinding bug, Dual-rank SoR bug).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Loras » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:50 am

I agree with the majority - even if there are safe spots, FORCE somehow your group to learn the dance... It's way too easy, but what's more - it's a perfect retardcheck (although I hear complains from some guildies that it's a lagcheck as well, people with 400ms say that they are on the safe spot and still getting hit. I have 150-200, can't comment). Hell, I'm even able to jump around and toss some judgements from the base of the platform, and then withdraw back :)
Loras

Postby Calanas » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:27 pm

People are finally getting it in 10 and 25 man.

And we still do the tanking/melee on the platform and the ranged/healers doing the slow dance. makes it easier for me to MT/Cleanse (thank you decursive)

have found that even with the healers and ranged moving no one dies during slow phase. its always the fast phase that drops people.
Calanas
The Covenant
Calanas

Postby Arcand » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:08 pm

It's possible to tank him in the back corner of his platform (by zone 4) while the ranged stand in the opposite corner closest to zone 1 and are just barely out of the slow aura.

Then you all evacuate the platform, dance and hop back on when Heigan reappears.

The trouble is, if you have people who aren't good at the dance they don't get the chance to learn it as well this way. They only do it when it's going fast and there's a big herd of people moving which makes it harder to orient yourself.
Arcand

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:21 am

Well, this was my first time.

"You can tell the zones by the cracks on the floor."

Seriously, wtf? The whole thing is cracked.

Didn't get him down before we called it for being too late, but we should be able to next time. My co-tank and I are going to be seeing the dance in our sleep for the next week.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Calanas » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:44 am

Arcand wrote:It's possible to tank him in the back corner of his platform (by zone 4) while the ranged stand in the opposite corner closest to zone 1 and are just barely out of the slow aura.

Then you all evacuate the platform, dance and hop back on when Heigan reappears.

The trouble is, if you have people who aren't good at the dance they don't get the chance to learn it as well this way. They only do it when it's going fast and there's a big herd of people moving which makes it harder to orient yourself.

We never have an issue with the slow part, people always die on the fast.

On 10 man we got em down in 8 min, which beat our previous record.... 20 min

sucks when all you have left is the tank, the OT and a healer. to be fair a rogue lasted 3 cycles before getting lag-gibbed.
Calanas
The Covenant
Calanas

Postby HinataDestiny » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:53 am

Bring some smoke flares and have a melee drop them in the safezones during phase 1 and it makes it 1000 times easier
Retired Wowhead since Feb 14th 2009

A4 - Anime Forums - Your Place to Talk Anime

Playing: Halo(Heroic), Halo 2(Heroic), Ill let you know if/when I get to legendary.
HinataDestiny

Postby Calanas » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 am

HinataDestiny wrote:Bring some smoke flares and have a melee drop them in the safezones during phase 1 and it makes it 1000 times easier

but that wont learn em (evil laugh)

i tried tanking em on the move. found it easier to tank on platform, let melee whale away and have heals/ranged move. we have never lost a player due to non-explosion damage unless im slow cleansing myself of the 1/2 health disease on the inital post phase 2 pickup. (decursive ftw)
Calanas
The Covenant
Calanas

Postby Helpunot » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:45 am

How we do it:

This boss is retardedly easy, with the dance being the only problem AFTER he teleports. We have the healers and ranged nukers on the platform by the wall, the melee dps on the top edge of the platform, and me the tank sitting on the floor right in front of the platform between the cracks. I actually have no idea if it matters where you as the tank stand because going over WWS I still get hit by the fissures for a measly 5.5k damage. The point is that you are very healable, and melee dps is very unhealable. There is a possibility I am off on how the fissures work, or how they do damage. All I can see is the damage I am taking and the damage the rest of the raid is not taking. Using this method we only have to do 1 safety dance and usually kill him around the 2 minute mark. Very easy fight.
Helpunot

Re: Diffrent Strat for heigan

Postby gummyrabbit » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:55 am

Calanas wrote:Just did our first try at the safety dance. We had a melee heavy raid as that is what we have at level 80 right now.

The DPS is having issues learning the dance. On a whim we tried tanking him on the platform, with the melee attacking him there, and the had the healers dance around. We only had 1 ranged DPS.

It worked pretty well, but the DPS died on phase 2 in droves, leaving me, the other tank, 1 rogue and 1 healer not dead. we got em down to 1/3 before the healer hit a lag spike and ate it.

My question is that once DPS gets phase 2 is this a viable strat? the healer only let me get below 10k like once the whole fight.

If your melee have problems with the slow dance....they'll never survive the fast one!!!!
gummyrabbit

Postby Jaedyn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:54 am

We always just had the tank engage him from the middle of the room, then back his way just into LOS on the platform. The feral druid was fucked but everyone else got to DPS him fine without worry about dancing in P1. Ranged and healers just sat hugging the wall, and dodged the aura.

Zone in today. Same deal, seems they made his aura about 5 yards longer. You can still go corner to corner though if you want and do it the same way.

No dancing necessary for Phase 1, and he drops super fast. And honestly, having done it in 40 man back in the day, people ONLY learning the fast dance has been more beneficial to us as a group. They don't get lazy thinking they have time to turn and DPS and then get cleaved by the slime.
Jaedyn

Postby Ewige » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:47 am

Yeah, watch out for that aura. I was using the same kite path as pre-patch and casters were complaining about the thing hitting them (I dunno what it does but boy were they mad).

(Also, learn to dance, it's easy)
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby Dark Severance » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:42 pm

The biggest issue with the dance is make sure people aren't watching other characters! This is the major contributor to deaths during the dance. Someone who doesn't know what to do watches another person, so they move when they move and try to stay where they are.

The problem is due to lag, differences in video settings and a bunch of other things... on your screen you may look like you are standing right on top of them. However on their screen they aren't standing there, they are a couple spaces to your right. So instead you aren't in the safe zone and they are.

Everyone has to learn the zones, watch the floor... not the other players. Zone them out entirely. Don't watch them move, just watch when the floor explodes, move to your next safe spot. It is very easy to split the stage into 4 segments so you can face it at all times, find a safe spot based on your position with the stage.
Dark Severance

Postby Kellel » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Dehn wrote:This what we did...

Masterloot on.
/rw No loot if you die.

^^^

LOL! I like this, /implemented.
Kellel
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon