Remove Advertisements

Diffrent Strat for heigan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Qualinesti » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:57 pm

Our Group does this differently for Phase 1

It is kinda a combination of what you noramly do, and what someone else mentioned above.

When you come to the Room from the Bottom Door way facing the plat form, and there is the other Door to the Far left of the room.

H - Haegin
T - Tank
M - Melee
C - Range/Healers (Casters)
R - Raid

It will look something like this (forgive my poor art design)

0. Start of Fight - Raid at the front Door

D / /
O 4 / _/
O / 3 _/
R / _ / 2 ___
___/____/ __/
| | __/
| H |__/
|_______|
R
DOOR

1. Tank Pulls Haegin to for corner on the Plat Form, and Healer Group stays Opisite Corner on the Platform

D / /
O 4 / _/
O / 3 _/
R / _ / 2 ___
___/____/ __/
|HT | __/
|M |__/
|______C|
R
DOOR
- if the Tank can pull Haegin by the Far Corner (can be on the floor not on the Platform, but Tank must be on Platform) Then the Melee group can stand beside and not worrying about moving during Phase 1.
- the caster group stays at the other Corner close to the Door that you come in from, can heal the Tank and Melee and not be affected by Haegin's Aura

2. Second Phase

1) Start in section 1
D / /
O 4 / _/
O / 3 _/
R / _ / 2 ___
___/____/ __/
| | __/
| H |__/
| | 1 R
|_______|

DOOR
2) Move to 2
D / /
O 4 / _/
O / 3 _/ R
R / _ / 2 ___
___/____/ __/
| | __/
| H |__/
|_______|

DOOR
3) Move to 3
D / R /
O 4 / _/
O / 3 _/
R / _ / 2 ___
___/____/ __/
| | __/
| H |__/
|_______|
R
DOOR
4) Move to 4
D R / /
O 4 / _/
O / 3 _/
R / _ / 2 ___
___/____/ __/
| | __/
| H |__/
|_______|
R
DOOR
5) Move back to 3, then to 2, to 1 ect. repeat.
D / R /
O 4 / _/
O / 3 _/
R / _ / 2 ___
___/____/ __/
| | __/
| H |__/
|_______|
R
DOOR

If you actually look at the floor, easier after the boss is dead you can see that the Cracks are kinda broken up into sections.

When moving from during Phase 2, our group begins to move when the slime comes up, not when it goes down, by the time you get into the area it will be safe. If you hesitate you will get hit and most likely die.

When entering Sections 1 and 4 just cross the line, dont go all the way to the Wall since you will just have to turn around and run back the other way.

After the Dance Ends, the Tank pulls him back into the corner in the Begining, and the Casters go to there Corner.

Edit. my "Diagram" did not turn out how I wanted it too :(
Qualinesti

Postby Kelaan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:58 pm

{code} tags do what you want. It's monospaced, so lay it out in notepad and then paste it in. I'll demo it and you can do the same for yours. (I didnt bother to re-lay out the spacing.)

Code: Select all
It will look something like this (forgive my poor art design)

0. Start of Fight - Raid at the front Door

D          /              /
   O    4   /            _/
   O        /     3   _/         
   R       /    _ /      2  ___
     ___/____/        __/
    |            |     __/
    |     H   |__/
    |_______|
                        R
                    DOOR
Kelaan

Postby Chunes » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:02 pm

or alternatively, just link images...

Chunes

Postby Zoltar » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:17 pm

I'm with the learn the damn dance school of thought. Seriously, it's so easy. Always seems to be the same people that die though.
Zoltar

Postby Xiphias » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:12 pm

Have the tank or a competant melee put down flares during phase one (as in the engineering ones) to mark safe spots. Anyone can run to a marked point..... i hope.
Xiphias

Postby Elsie » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:20 am

I don't approve of using this, but you don't currently need to do the dance. There's a spot on the map where you cannot get hit at any point by the waves.
Elsie

Postby Dehn » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:26 am

This what we did...

Masterloot on.
/rw No loot if you die.
Dehn

Postby Sober » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:51 pm

Qualinesti wrote: - if the Tank can pull Haegin by the Far Corner (can be on the floor not on the Platform, but Tank must be on Platform) Then the Melee group can stand beside and not worrying about moving during Phase 1.
- the caster group stays at the other Corner close to the Door that you come in from, can heal the Tank and Melee and not be affected by Haegin's Aura

Yeah that seems to work but as soon as I get to MT him, people better learn the dance in P1 :P
Sober

Postby phaqueue » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:39 am

Honestly - if the tank can learn to dance and pay enough attention to make sure he is in the next zone and positioned so the DPS can still get behind him without getting hit, while strafing, keeping aggro, and staying far enough from the platform to not hit the ranged...
the melee can learn to run forward at a set pace, turn around and run back... if they can't - I have to agree with the others here... they don't deserve to get gear from it...

it's really not a hard mechanic to learn
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Threatco » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:17 am

The dance is one of those things that is so easy once you get the feel for it. But when you have never seen it before, and someone is explaining "He is going to move between these 4 spots and we have to move with him or we get hit by lava" It gives no idea to the speed, frequency or well... I had a hard time with it at first. Since it was my first time I put on healing gear and let the more experianced less geared OT do the fight, I died after like the second move.

Seems like cake now.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby aleyona » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:18 pm

OntetheProt wrote:So true... it seems that jumping to the platform is the hardest thing in the game for some. Lets not even discuss polarity.

ahahaha... one time it took me like 5 jumps to get onto the platform. I'm not sure exactly what it was, maybe lag, maybe something else. Curious thing was... I did it several times before without issue, and since then I've had no issue.

As for the safety dance. You're friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine.
aleyona

Postby Zeels » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 pm

Our guild did this today, it was a lot harder back in the 40-man days.

Still a fun encounter I must say.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Passionario » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:19 am

Elsie wrote:I don't approve of using this, but you don't currently need to do the dance. There's a spot on the map where you cannot get hit at any point by the waves.

It's bound to get fixed eventually.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Panzerdin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:40 am

Not really. Prince had a safe spot for... how long?
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Zeels » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:59 am

Back in the 40-man version. My guild got heigan down 2nd on server (Inner Sanctum being a couple of days before us). We used the safespot strategy, and guess what, two weeks later, blizzard patched it, so then it was just learning the dance again.

The dance is extremely easy now, no reason to use a safespot, go there, bring your dance shoes, and just dance 8)
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon