wowwiki info correct? - Anub'Rekhan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Panzerdin » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:39 am

I said it was a SLIGHT advantage. I think I'm being judged a little too harshly.

And accusing me of outdated thinking after I admit to it myself is... also a little harsh. Yes, I play WoW in the past. Sue me, I've not played it in the present.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Lousiana » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:48 am

Majiben wrote:Honestly though many of the multi tank fights in naxx are boring for the main tank. That's just my take on it.

I am so with you. I demand more action for Maintanks.
Lousiana

Postby DeadMilliken » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:43 am

Honestly, I've been OT on this fight because I can survive tanking 2 at the beginning better than most of the other tanks. (*that and we rotate main tanking alot)

The ONLY other advantae -> paladin I see in this fight is when Anub is tanked on his starting position side, does his locust swarm / summon...and the add is spawned.

Generally you don't want to walk in the locust swarm to pick up....AND there is a bit of healing on the MT so you want a solid few hit on the target.

Paladins have 3 30yd ranged picksups ( Exor, Cpt America, and RD worst case)

DKs (talented) are as good as paladins (Icy Touch via talents 30yd, spare runic = deathcoil, DeathGrip)

Warriors and druids are far worse off.

Warriors are limited to Heroic throw and guns...elsewise they'll have to run in and taunt(*its not 30yd yd)

If HT misses, gun is not gonna pull it off the massive healing on the MT...the add will likely be loose and a problem.

Druids are the worst off...Faerie Fire is not enough threat to hold it off healing, Switching to caster form is generally a bad idea (*coupled with no +spellhit) If a druid had to do this...I'd assign a healing expecting they would have to charge into the locus swarm.
DeadMilliken

Postby Panzerdin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:23 am

Oh, and by the way, if you don't like what I wrote, you should have seen it before.
Panzerdin

Postby Kellann » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:41 am

We have our warrior tank the boss on the entry side (opposite to where the boss starts).
-He tanks not because he is a warrior, but because he fails more often when moving.

I pick up adds on the side the boss starts on, and hold them distant from the boss (they are killed during swarms)

The little bugs are AE'd down, I usually don't even bother trying to tank them
-both because it's not really necessary to do so, and the damn things don't like me...agro on them is wierd when I remove half their health bar but they continue to eat a rogue who never attacked them.

Our warrior is just healed through the damage and never moves, both because of the above reason and that it's really not that hard to heal.

*Strategy* in most of naxx is hardly worth mentioning unless you're trying for an achievement.
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Equitas » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:21 am

Usually on anub rekhan i do the adds because DPS complains that they cant full front nuke the adds due to slow TPS buildup from warriors, so they ask me to do the adds.

Usually i MT all bosses except patchwerk ( due to superior gear ) and Gluth ( adds)
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Splug » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:43 am

Belloc wrote:The only advantage in this fight that I know of is being able to intervene away from the boss during the kite phase. That's a MT advantage and I don't think anyone will dispute it.
I will; deathknights have it even easier. Anti-magic shell when Anub starts casting Locust swarm, and the debuff doesn't start stacking until shell fades. Right before it does, pop bone shield, icebound fortitude, or both, and you can easily ignore the kiting mechanic. This week, the locust swarm stack got up to hitting me for about 2.5k. Our healers were about ready to just wand the boss, and I had a holy paladin insisting the whole fight could probably be solo-healed.

Not moving at all is easier than intervining through slime.

EDIT: As far as add pickup goes, I'd say deathknights are best because crypt fiends flying through the air are hillarious. Mechanically, it doesn't matter. Heroic throw, avenger's shield, death grip, or moonfire all get the job done. All tanks have a 20-yard taunt; "snap agro" for pickup is meaningless.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Panzerdin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:37 am

Like I said, I live in 2.4
Panzerdin

Postby Kelaan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:05 pm

We wiped several times last night while our warrior MT was trying to intervene away, or generally just getting stomped. Eventually, we figured it was partly latency, and just healed him through it. HoSacrifice (from me and/or the other paladin) on one, shield wall on the second -- it seemed nearly trivial. Similarly, we've just healed through Faerlina's enrage several times (OK, we lost our warrior and a bear in the process, but afterward I pretty much tanked her down the las 10%, and the healers had me >80% almost the entire time, after the first "omg!" moment). Our first kill got us the achievement, in fact.

Hand of Sacrifice is frickin' amazing. I've been talking with our ret paladin about doing rotations. As much as I want to be the "boss tank", I really think I'm a better OT on a lot of those fights (and Maexxna, too), since I can HoSac our MT. (We have no holy paladins, or I'd be mentioning improved LoH as well.)
Kelaan

Postby melkior » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:21 am

Belloc wrote:The only advantage in this fight that I know of is being able to intervene away from the boss during the kite phase. That's a MT advantage and I don't think anyone will dispute it.

But that's about it.

I *thought* that was an advantage too... but our Warrior MT has family issues and didn't show the last 2 weeks. I've had to MT instead and *all* the healers have complimented me on doing a better job of not getting hurt by the locust swarm.

I just watch for the casting bar and run out .. no problem at all. And we 1 shot him both times the regular MT was out.

At this point when the warrior comes back I've out geared him and will be putting them on OT so they can see the other side of this fight. The swap changed the fight for our healers , I wonder what it will do for him?
melkior

Postby Kellel » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:18 pm

my ego is not bruised by OT'ing the add's on this one :D .. i think pallys' are much better suited for it anyway.

Add appears .. AS, exorcism .. when he get's in range HoJ ....Judge, SHotR then holy wrath once your HoJ wears off ... seriously .. i never even see a 3rd tick of their debuff :D ... just keep them stunned :D

Also consecrating over corpses helps pick up scarabs too hehe .. I don't care what the dps charts look like, I don't care what the heal charts look like .. when i'm OT this fight .. I'm standing around watching the back wall for most of it hahaha .. dum de dum :D ... I R Raiding :D
Kellel
Maintankadonor

Postby knaughty » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:34 pm

Our warrior managed to not notice the cast last night and just stand there. The healers didn't complain, even though we hadn't planned it.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Knaughty wrote:Our warrior managed to not notice the cast last night and just stand there. The healers didn't complain, even though we hadn't planned it.

Yeah we ignore it on 25 man too...kind of lame really.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:13 pm

We specifically do the fight by tanking him at the east side, and NOT MOVING the tank, because the first night (through lag, whatever) our tank couldn't manage to avoid it. Our healers said, "Screw it, we can heal through this", and proceeded to do that ever since. Sometimes it seems a bit close (lol), though. Sacred Shield seems to help a fair bit, at least on 10-man.

It does seem odd, though, that doing it the "hard way" is almost easier, at a certain point.
Kelaan

Postby Xfighter » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:33 pm

Just have your best geared tank on him, and other tank on the adds.

You tank shouldn't be getting impaled anyways, or at least not much to make a difference. Your in the air for 3s or so max, and it really doesn't make or break the fight.
Xfighter

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon