[25] KT

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] KT

Postby Corvina » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:43 am

Finally got to Kt last night on 25 after one shotting Sapph our first attempt. The probelm we ran into is that we were heavy on mele dps (10 or 11) and a large number of them were getting ice blocked. Eventually we put them into 3 groups and had them stack in thier groups in 3 posistions around the boss and that helped some, became less of a problem, but was still a probelm, any suggestions? Eventually got KT down to 18%.

The second problem I had (i'm MTing) is when the mind control would happen. On two of the attempts one of the MCed players stunned me and i lost aggro. KT then ran to the middle of the raid to mele the next highest on threat, usualy a lock or healer. When i was no longer stunned, I would taunt him back then throw AS and Exorcism, but he would then not come back into mele range and just spammed icebolts on me until I died. I could have ran up and tanked him where he stood, but i didn't want to be in the middle of the raid and risk an iceblock. It also didn't help that one of my healers was out range, trying to distance themselves from the mele that ran up to continue to smash KT. Anyone else had this happen? Have any ideas?
Corvina

Postby Ewige » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:05 pm

Alas, that is the trouble with melee heavy groups here.

You could possibly split the melee in 3 groups if they can figure out the max iceblock range. But yeah, better them getting iceblocked than you! If you have a shaman spamming CH, it's not so bad.

Also, it is the raid's responsibility to adjust, so don't be afraid to move with the boss. Just call out for people to GTFO.
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby Nalyn » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Ya, you sound like you've got similar issues to what we had this last week on our few attempts to him, but what Ewinge said is likely what we're going to be doing. Split melees into 3 groups, put a mark on someone in each of those 3 groups, everyone stand on your respective person and play 4 corners on the edge of melee range around the boss, if you've got a resto shaman ready, you should be able to keep everyone on their feet.

For getting stunned by someone on MC, well...I see this as more of a dps issue, SOMEONE in the damn raid should have had an interupt to use, any shaman, a mage, a rogue could have run up and kicked, hell a paladin with an exorcism glyph, to interupt him, and make him run back. That or you just need to tell one of your OTs (least if its before the adds show up) to be ready to taunt him for a few seconds if they hear/see a stun go off on you.

As far as positioning, we had some issues with this as well, half the raid is taken care of (lol) cause its melees and the tank, the other half of the raid is ranged and healers, I stated that the healers need to find a spot in, or on the edge of, the green circle in the middle of his room, that if a ranged dps was in there, they were wrong, and that the healer(s) needed to yell about it. The ranged then just need to spread out around the green circle the healers are in. The problem we had with this is all the ranged seem to think that "spread out" means "stand at max range" and forget that their spells work just as well at 10 yards as at 40. So on our second attempt the FIRST ice block took out 4 ranged and a healer, and my only comment on vent was "Seriously? 5 of you just died to 1 iceblock? Seriously?" I mean, I can see this happening to melee, as you dont get any choice where you stand, but the ranged? They immediately jumped to defend themselves and sent tells after the attempt was over, not that it really changed anything, I didn't see it as any one person's fault, but a screw up by all 5 in general.
Nalyn

Postby Maelstrom » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Our melee run an interrupt rotation on him, but if he gets away and stands there spamming frostbolts - remember you have hammer of justice to interrupt him and drag him back to the middle :)
Maelstrom

Postby Maat » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:30 am

or...

22:46'00.030 Váli is afflicted by Chains of Kel'Thuzad.
22:46'00.030 Utgarde is afflicted by Chains of Kel'Thuzad.
22:46'00.150 Maat is afflicted by Frost Blast.
22:46'01.930 Kel’Thuzad Frostbolt hits Maat for 22666 Frost. (3029 Resisted)

I mean... come on, lol (that wasn't from melee splash either... he dropped aggro, then frost blasted me 0.12s later). He also dumped a uninterrupted 23k frostbolt on me in the middle of it (I think it was Vali's next pummel)... I guess JoL threat is too hax for my own good.

I died pretty painfully, it was a good thing he was at 1% ._.'

This fight's way too RNG :P
Maat

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:39 am

That's why cool people have improved hammer of justice.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Maat » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:31 pm

not even cool kids can HoJ while iceblocked :*(
Maat

Postby Ewige » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:38 pm

Every Mang for Himself doesn't work either :^/
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby Corvina » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 pm

yeah. i posted this and then facepalmed about an hour later realizing it was as easy as interrupts to get him back in place, i was just frustrated and looking for support, once i sat and thought about it, i realized what needed to change.

Thank you all for replies.
Corvina

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon