Remove Advertisements

[10]Naxxramas - Not as Easy as you may have heard..

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby sudojoe » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:06 am

find good DPS if you're pugging (I look for 1500+ in heroics).

very good rule to go by if you ask me. I also have an 80 DK dps toon I keep around and while I started heroics doing ~1k dps, I quickly moved to 1500-1700 territory after doing a cookie cutter spec and spent a day or 2 running heroics to learn my rotations.

now I can do 1900-2200's easily in all heroics even with lv78 weapons. BUT without that few heroic running days, I'd be hard pressed to do much better even with a good spec.

I recommend that for the subaverage dps'ers, take some time to find the ones that are willing to respec, and run some easy heroics with them. Everyone gets better gear hopefully and should help alot. DON'T expect them to suddenly get good just when they respec, they gotta know their rotations.

Frankly, I've pugged with so many 800 dps pugger dps's it's getting to be a very short list of people I want to pug with lately.
sudojoe

Postby Mozen » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:44 am

Didn't want to start a new thread, and since this thread has became more or less a dps talk, I thought I might as well ask my question here.

SO. What kind of average DPS would you say for each of the following?

1. This is bad, we won't even down Patchwerk.
2. Thaddius will give us problems.
3. This is fine for clearing four wings, but may get stuck at Sapph/Kel.

I led a group of mostly WOW newbies into Naxx10 today. We cleared Arachnid and Military after 3 hours. There are two DPS who have some sort of raiding experience, then myself with Naxx10 MT, Naxx25 OT and OS+2 adds tanking experience, the rest are casual players, some probably never raided before. I'm holy because two tanks wanted to come.

I ask this because our dps generally sits at below 2000 during the run today. They're not bad people, I'd like to at least take them past the four wings, so they have the achievement to get accepted on PUGs on their own. That was the motivation and goal for this run.

But I don't want to waste everybody's time if it's simply not possible to make it. Hence I'm asking for some guidance on how to judge our DPS.
Mozen

Postby Neara » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Mozen wrote:SO. What kind of average DPS would you say for each of the following?

1. This is bad, we won't even down Patchwerk.
2. Thaddius will give us problems.
3. This is fine for clearing four wings, but may get stuck at Sapph/Kel.

1. ~1500 each DD/Tank - with an average of 1750 per person for 5 DPS and 2 Tanks you can kill him just in time
2. Thaddius on 10 is more a reaction-time-check than a DPS-check. every group that got past patchwerk should kill him if everyone survives
3. sapphiron doesn't need good DPS and at kel, the better the tanks and healers the worse the DPS may be.
Neara

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon