Favorite Naxx Fights?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Maat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:21 am

15k tps on Thaddius is awesome :mrgreen:
Maat

Postby amh » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:07 am

Fenira wrote:Patchwerk! <3

What´s fun about standing perfectly still mashing buttons for four minutes? :|

Personally I love the Thaddius-encounter. Being thrown from platform to platform, 13k shield-slams, all the kicking and screaming when somebody disconnects (happens every time).
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Arjuna » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:51 am

3-manned heigan with 2 shammys, loved it, hehe...why do i start thinking about Genesis and peter gabriel though? :)
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Jobah » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:58 pm

RoS and Leotheras were my favorite fights back in TBC. Those fights got so intense on vent towards the end of the fights and made them seem so epic. I never did sunwell so i dont know how those encounters were...

But my point, there arent really any encounters in naxx that get like those two fights i named above. 4 horse is prolly my favorite just cuz you gotta things can get kind of chaotic.

I think another part of the problem is that this content is the premier raiding content of wrath and its not terribly challenging. I miss wiping on bosses for hours. Pretty much every boss in here my guild has been able to down in 3 attempts, and it pisses me off being able to come into this place and 1 shot a boss none of us had ever done before...
Jobah

Postby Doktah » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:35 pm

I cant say I have a favorite fight in Naxx.....Malygos just seems to blow all those encounters out of the water.
Doktah

Postby Arjuna » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:02 pm

amh wrote:
Fenira wrote:Patchwerk! <3

What´s fun about standing perfectly still mashing buttons for four minutes? :|

Personally I love the Thaddius-encounter. Being thrown from platform to platform, 13k shield-slams, all the kicking and screaming when somebody disconnects (happens every time).

not there yet, but I bet I'll love him :)
(can't sunday be here soon???)
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby skrith2 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:07 pm

Watching stupid alliance try and gank our shaman at the stone, and then watching said shaman use his aoe knockback to punt like 5 alliance off the platform to their deaths.

That and Heigen, just because some people cannot grasp the dance, and its fun to make fun of them.
skrith2

Postby tbolt » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:26 pm

I love Heigan, the dance is just fun and always good times to make fun of the people who don't make it. Also nothing like the sound of 3 people dying to the lava behind you, to make you laugh on vent.

After Heigan I'd probably say Patches is my favorite when I'm main tanking him. I'm not a big fan of 4H right now 'cause i'm paranoid about my taunt doing something weird and wiping us but after we get our new one I'm sure that will also become a favorite.

Not a big fan of Gluth cause its hard to see whats going on and I'm mostly just staring at his crotch for the fight.
tbolt

Postby DeadMilliken » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:26 am

I despise Thaddius-25.

The encounter is fun...but extremely unforgiving and lag educing...

Lag or DC & +/- swaps is BAD TIMES.

Thaddius is also the first encounter in a VERY LONG TIME where we had to sit a tank out for a dps to pass it. Even then we were well into 15sec of enrage to get the kill.
(*dodge trinket + Bubble wall = possible survival on enrage)
DeadMilliken

Postby DMStewart » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:22 am

I can only state my preference based on 10 bosses (haven't gone past Patchwerk in Construct Wing), but it would have to be 4 Horsemen. No other fight is so demanding on a technical level. 4H requires 10 skilled raid members (at least in progression). WTB more bosses that require skill, technique, and finesse as opposed to simple, brute force. Of course, I may be biased in that all of the Tankadins I know are finesse players. I think it may be because of the lack of "Oh, SH*T!" buttons.

Looks like I got a little off-topic there. Anyway, 4 Horsemen is just so much fun.
Some want to live forever through great deeds, others through their children. I want to live forever through not dying.
DMStewart

Postby sanctifico » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:25 am

Laggious (aka Thaddius)... 25k ShotR crits <3

Probably the most fun encounter except Malygos.

But then LAG is LAME

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Ahms » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:30 am

my raid group just did naxx for the first time today. we cleared the spider and plague halls and wow i love the heigan fight. it just feels like a real battle with all the crazy stuff going on

loatheb was pretty fun too from a pally tank perspective. basically we made it so everyone got the buff, even me, so during the 3s to heal i just holy light myself and get it to crit for 13k and spam sacred shield on people while tanking the big dude. it was pretty easy when we got it down and we 9 manned it since one of us had to go

i love how its more about coordination for a lot of the fights :D
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants

-Ahms of Mannoroth

Art - http://ahms.deviantart.com/
Ahms

Postby Peaches » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:41 am

For 10man Naxx i'd say Loatheb while going for the "Spore Loser" achievement. It was all perfect til i just HAD to use HotR and have it splash the spore and one shot it. Gotta watch out Ret aura and Holy Shield seem to kill them easily too.

25man, is a toss up between 4Horseman Zerg Thane style and Gluth. Gluth because I sit in a different channel on vent and chat with the other tank about random stuff.
GM of Sunset on Dragonmaw
Peaches

Postby Morganim » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:43 am

Frogger!
Morganim

Postby Passionario » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:19 am

Gothik.

It's like playing a one-sided Tetris deathmatch.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon