Remove Advertisements

[10] Sartharion (add management)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Sartharion (add management)

Postby Maridian » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:22 am

So we had a great time on Sartharion last night, our only flaw being that we failed to slay him. Our main problem was add management. Part of the problem is that my team is a bit, well, uncoordinated. We're still working on that whole "dodge the lava" thing a little. ^.^ However, our OT, a fellow paladin, expressed that he was having difficulty rounding up the adds and keeping them out of the lava wave.

Since I was kind of busy with the business end of Sarthy, I didn't have a chance to offer much advice or see what might have been going wrong. So I put the question out there: what strategies and tactics will serve him well in grabbing the wide-ranging adds and keeping them out of the lava?

(And I know the obvious answer: have all the ranged congregate within Consc. radius. I'm working on them with that. ^.^ )
"Our only hope is revolution. I'll put up a sign-up sheet. We need one person to bring pitchforks, one person to bring torches.... am I thinking of revolution, or killing Frankenstein monsters?"
Maridian

Re: [10] Sartharion (add management)

Postby gwayne » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:30 am

Unforunately that's about it. There's two things to the fight: avoid lava walls + collect epics. We have the main tank (me or someone else) shout front or back over vent every time the warning comes up so that people know where the wall is coming from. Either you get out the way or you die. Once people can do that then it's easy.

As for picking up the fire elementals you just have to use the normal tools at your disposal. Avenger's shield, taunt, SoR to the face, etc. If you have a ret/dk/warrior dpsing then have them use aoe abilities too which will pick up and kill any adds that spawn near them. Good luck :)
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:59 am

The most effective tools to use on the elementals are taunt and avenger's shield. Use them liberally, but also try to use them intelligently. If there is someone with 2-3 mobs on him, taunt those mobs instead of a single mob on a random player. Try to have your Avenger's Shield hit multiple mobs.

But, easier than all that, have all of your range stack on you. Put a mark on yourself and tell them to follow it. This helps with flame waves as well. It is really annoying seeing players get hit by every single flame wave.

If you can't manage to get everyone to stack up, then you'll have to do one other thing: Spend the entire fight running around hitting the adds with Shield of Righteousness. Yeah, it's not fun, but it's what we do.
Belloc

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon