Remove Advertisements

[10] Kel'Thuzad iceblocking offtank

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby kartera » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:33 am

Well Wednesday we cleared 25er Naxx again. And guess what, I was killed by a stupid melee who thought : dumdidum why dont i run trough the mt lalala bam frostblast . not kicked frostbolt --> death . So the OT instant tounted KT and I was bressed. So new task .. add tank. Adds Spawn. I tank my 2 lovidovy adds and get double frostblasted -.- Well we have good healers, but I just hate the randomness of some fights.
kartera

Postby Jobah » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:45 pm

Been playing my priest cuz theyre just so much fun... i love being OP and yeah... holy priest are OP as crap.

But ive tanked and healed this fight.

Basically, if the person tanking the adds gets ice blocked, healers might wanna consider using their "oh shit" buttons. KT isnt that hard to tank so...

pallies = LoH
priests = guardian spirit
druids = natures swiftness
shamans = same thing?

Its just like illhoofs chains in my opinion. Just a test of how good and how fast can the healers react. I guess my biggest suggestion is to make sure you dont ever hear the comment "but you were out of range."
Jobah

Postby Ziggi » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:14 am

ice block isn't that big of a deal, the adds make it a bit harder, but your healers should be able to easily cover. The block only does 110% of hp bar which means you only need to cover the 10% to survive plus anything the adds do.... not that big of a deal especially if you had hots to begin with.
Ziggi - Relentless - Shattered Hand
Ziggtastic - 80 Tankadin
Ziggi

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Ziggi wrote:ice block isn't that big of a deal, the adds make it a bit harder, but your healers should be able to easily cover. The block only does 110% of hp bar which means you only need to cover the 10% to survive plus anything the adds do.... not that big of a deal especially if you had hots to begin with.

It's a fairly big deal at the progression level. If he has 30k health, that's 31.2k health from the ice block, plus the hits from two adds that now will not miss over 4 seconds. In 10 man the guardians melee for ~2500 and blood tap for ~4000. That total could reach around 45k damage over 4 seconds.

You can be healed through it of course, but it's a non trivial damage burst.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Jellypop » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Twice tonight

25man Naxx, adds spawn, i grab all four, BAM ice blast

i hate random
Jellypop

Postby Wolvar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:37 am

We kill him with one tank. Moar DPS is gud.
Wolvar

Postby Tyaera » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:31 pm

We've been solo-tanking Kel'Thuzad for a LONG time now on 10man, and last night I ended up solo-tanking it on 25man too as the offtank died to a frost blast chained by the melee.

So, it can be done either way.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby ShieldLove » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:56 pm

As noted above, Frost Blast is always 105% of your maximum health over 5 seconds. Rule 1 is - always stay topped off. Rule two is that you don't need 105% healing in 5 seconds... you need 5% (plus any raid damage taken). We have a warrior known for using intervene and bandaging people, and it works.

Everyone throws thier fastest instant heal on the ice block target, which makes you survive the initial damage.

Healing through your off tank eating a blast? That's the random factor of the fight.
ShieldLove

Postby Voxe » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Speaking as a Holy priest, keeping up a tank that is tankign the adds is pretty tough, his high hp pool makes him drop fast and can cause panic in the healer.

The trick is (for a holy priest that is) to Shield + ProM + Flash heal in that order, if ofc GS is on CD for whatever reason).
Generally a renew will be up on you at all times to mitigate that add dmg.

It is definately NOT the tanks responsibility to stay alive, he should have a healer on him/iceblocked ppl at all times.
Voxe

Postby Sederia » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:24 pm

we had a boat load of luck like this monday night on 25man

MC, Iceblock and everything else that could go wrong at once did

I still don't know how we managed to get adds, iceblock and MC at the same time

ofc we wiped as the MC'd dps rolfstomped the healers while the adds ate me and then ran amuck eating mages
Sederia

Postby arilink » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:38 pm

Frost Blast is 26% max. HP damage every sec. for 4 secs.
Since one should have a dedicated healer it is possible to survive but heavily dependend on your healers awareness.
Me myself survived two times in a row w/ a sole Pally healing me.
First countered with Lay on Hands, second ... was pure luck.

Worst story ever happened at Kel'Thuzad was to put Hand of Sacrifice on Kel'Thuzad while being mindcontrolled.
Good Bye sweet Immortal.
arilink

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Assuming a holy paladin with a gear similar to mine (1500+ spellpower), a HS hits for 4k (crit for 6k+, up to 8k in my case).

So as long as 5% of your HP is < 4k, hence you got < 80k HP, a single istant cast from a paladin (or a priest, or shaman) is enough to survive the blast.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby samsara » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:13 am

don't know how it is to get the iceblock as offtank.

I tank the add's on Kel(10) solo and the adds on Kel(25) semisolo, most of the time a "not that good equiped" feral is with us who grabs one mob off of me if he see that i got too much incoming dmg or i grab it back so he can support the healers with manareg or battlerez.

Another thing you can do is to minimize the risk of getting iceblocked. Just try to be out of range ;) in Kel(10) thats quite easy -> 2 Adds, on with fribee and one taunt and you have both, tank them in healrange at the point where you come into the room, so no melee or caster can give you the iceblock. Maybee it was just plain luck or i was out of kel's iceblock range, don't know but i never got iceblocked.

Small tipp for your healers which are using grid: You can setup grid that the debuff is shown as big icon in the middle of the playerframe -> makes it much faster to give the player a little heal so he can survice the block easily.
samsara

Postby Elhadj » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:12 am

Will the racial Every Man for Himself get you out of the Iceblock?
Elhadj

Postby dmok » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:39 am

Ziggi wrote:ice block isn't that big of a deal, the adds make it a bit harder, but your healers should be able to easily cover. The block only does 110% of hp bar which means you only need to cover the 10% to survive plus anything the adds do.... not that big of a deal especially if you had hots to begin with.

Last week's KT kill.

I got 2 of the adds, our other OT has the other 2. I get iceblocked.

In the span of 1s, I take 28k damage from just the 2 adds on me and the iceblock. Yes this is survivable, but this was also just the first second of the iceblock. I did not end up surviving. This is also why we run 2 OTs who tank close enough to each other to get "splash" threat on the other adds, but far enough away to not chain iceblocks.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon