Remove Advertisements

[10] Off-Tank Spec

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Off-Tank Spec

Postby scritti » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:37 am

We are doing our first Naxx run tomorrow night. We have a well geared Warrior MT and a hybrid specced pally tank off-tank.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0130000000

Will she be able to handle the off-tanking role in Naxx with this build? We are using her as an Off-tank and a replenisher. She will go total prot if need be but we prefer this as it fills two roles. Her gear is just okay, nothing great but I believe she hits the cap.

We will be doing the spider wing first.

Thanks
scritti

Postby Aethera » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:40 am

I feel like something like this would be better:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVAbzMdLhZgs0t0Iuc0c

I don't see any reason to take imp might when you're taking kings, but if you want, you can move the 2 points in benediction to kings.

When you're not tanking, you'll probably want to use a 2h weapon to dps, so 2h specialization is good. 1h not so much, since you're just oting and threat shouldn't be a big problem.

Ardent defender is incredibly good, and i think as a somewhat undergeared OT, you'll need every little edge you can get.

Divine grace is again, an amazing OT utility. Loatheb for example, tank goes low, pop bubble and you're giving him half a shield wall. Same deal with other bosses like thaddius or whatever, anything that doesn't require an OT. Also very valuable in sapphiron, when the raid takes big dmg.

Repentence is unnecessary, Nax is an AoE fest.

Anddd.....despite everything, I think full prot will be better for tanking and for DPS. Without crusader strike and divine storm, your ret dps is very bad, and replenishment, while nice, isn't THAT big of a deal to completely gimp your survivability and prot dps for. This is just my speculation, I don't have any concrete numbers but that's just what my gut feeling tells me, especially without shield of the templar, touched by the light and hammer.
Aethera

Postby semp » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:48 am

better off with a full ret for dps and switch to prot gear when a tank is needed. Its what i did on the 10 man 4 horsemen and had 0 issues.
semp

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon