[10] Sartahrion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Sartahrion

Postby ARogers » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:48 am

I'd like to get my guild and a couple friends trying this tonight. I think we are well-enough geared. Is there somewhere that I can find a strat for this boss? I see videos and crap on youtube, but they don't really explain it well. We will be keeping up no adds at all. We are just ready to start Naxx and Sarth!
ARogers

Postby Melarisa » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:07 pm

Melarisa

Postby amh » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:10 am

The zero adds version:

You can find a list of his abilities somewhere over yonder, but basicly:
- He will summon fire elementals that need to be tanked.
- Sartharion hits semi-hard.
- Sartharion does a cone-shaped flame-breath that is kind of hard.
- The walls on your right/left will periodically rise up and wash over you. This is avoided as shown on the picture.
- At around 10-20% health left he will unleash the rest of his fire elementals. Just pick them up and don't panic!

So here's a way to do it:

MT runs in along the right side, positions the boss as shown.
Melee start whacking at his legs.
Ranged start doing their thing.
OT might as well stand with the healers, that's where the fire elementals usually end up.
It is a very slow-paced fight. You have all the time in the world to kill off each set of adds (1-3) and run between waves.

Avoiding the waves:
If you're in melee range, turn your camera left. If the wall is rising, run back to the ranged group.

If you're ranged, turn your camera right. If the wall is rising, run forward to the melee group.

If you're tanking Sartharion you will move very little in this fight. What this illustration doesn't show is that there's a separate safe-zone further in. Main-tank needs to use this when the wall comes from the left. So either a few steps to the right, or a few steps to the left. For a few minutes :)

This illustration was used in another thread to ask a question, not meant as a guide. It also has 11 people.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon