Remove Advertisements

[10] Maexxna

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Maexxna

Postby lif3sucks » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:40 am

Wat is the strats 2 this fight? My guild is having problems with this fight. We usually get him down 2 about 5-6% and i would get smash 2 death T_T. Could it be me? this is my armory right here

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ck&n=Fifth

thx in advance for any help u guys can give.
lif3sucks

Postby kartera » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:44 am

well 1. of all you should dps her till i guess 32% when enrage is at 30%
if its at 35% then dps her to 37% (dunno which it was) and wait for the webspray. then bloodlust and just nuke her. when the next webspray comes shieldwall 2 secs before it. Shouldn't you be able to kill her in the time before the next spray, use your hp-trinket if u have one and let a priest give you guardianspirit(this new holy priest talent) . then you should be able to survive even this webspray. although you should either have a druid cast abolish poison on you before every webspray or have a shamane in your grp place poison cleansing totem near you.
this fight is pretty isi...
kartera

Postby omnomlets » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:13 pm

We had that problem our first week since we had two enraged websprays because of horrible pug DPS.

Tell your DPS to step it up during the enrage.

If the MT dies at 5% or whatever, a DK, Ret paladin, or Fury Warrior should be able to pick her up and pop a shield wall to tank the rest. It's not pretty but it does drop purples.
omnomlets

Postby Zoltar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:08 pm

Our DPS was a bit slow so what we did was I popped bubble wall about 2 seconds before the first enraged stun, then just before the second stun the druid OT taunted her, barkskined, whatever and ate the damage during the enraged stun then I taunted her back for the last bit.
Zoltar

Postby Eanin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:53 pm

I've MT most of 10-man Naxx now, and really, this is the fight that gives me the biggest headache.

Part of it is gear. If you get stunned, you just need to eat it during the enrage. Put on as much stamina/armor you have - pure EH set for this fight.
Eanin

Postby Janduin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:00 pm

Should also point out...equally geared paladins are nice for this fight for 3 reasons:

1) Self-Cleanse. Spam it before web spray.
2) Argent Defender damage reduction
3) Self LoH the moment you come out of web spray.

Bubblewall as well of course, but all tanks have some version of this.
Janduin

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:38 pm

As has been said, stop DPS around 35% and wait for the web spray. As soon as the stun is over, use all of your cooldowns (heroism) and burn the boss down. When the first enraged web spray is about to hit, use your bubble wall. If there is to be another enraged web spray, have your OT taunt and shield wall OR have your OT taunt when and if the MT dies.

Of course, this depends on keeping your raid alive and well until this point.

Alternatively, you can use other abilities to keep your MT alive through enraged web spray. A bubbled paladin can heal you, a holy priest can... Guardian Spirit (?) you. Druids can load you with HoTs.

Just try to throw all of that into your strategy!
Belloc

Postby Panzerdin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:58 pm

DI and Soulstone abuse much?
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon