[10/25] Making the Heigan Dance easy

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Kihra » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:39 am

I just use the raised square platform as a point of reference, and that makes the dance easy. If you're standing south of the platform and looking at it, then the quadrants are:

Quadrant 1 = Before the platform's left edge
Quadrant 2 = The left half of the platform square
Quadrant 3 = The right half of the platform square (extending slightly beyond the platform's right edge)
Quadrant 4 = Past the platform's right edge a bit
Kihra

Postby Kuripari » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:27 pm

sanctifico wrote:
Lore wrote:Your players are smarter than mine :P

I got my 10man group the Safteydance in 5mins by playing cheesy music until they did it!

I like this idea so much! :D

I will do this with my group when we get there!
Kuripari - Skywall US Horde
Kuripari

Postby Fizzgig » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:54 pm

We brought about 4 people that hadn't ever seen or done it to 10 man last night.

So at about 10% there's only 4 people left and we had to finish with me, our holy priest, a mage and a hunter >.<
Fizzgig

Postby Docc » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:18 pm

Why does it seem like the general thing for the first kill is 4-5 people surviving and finishing him off? I think on our first kill me and 5 others survived the first dance, and I died shortly after because the tank didn't pull Heigan actually onto the platform and i got cursed/baked trying to get into mele, so they 5 manned it from about 65%. The tank now pulls Heigan to the middle of the platform XD
Docc

Postby Equitas » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Honestly the dance is so easy =/ dont see why people dont get it, took our raid 2 tries today until everyone got it.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Gideon » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:00 am

Kihra wrote:I just use the raised square platform as a point of reference, and that makes the dance easy. If you're standing south of the platform and looking at it, then the quadrants are:

Quadrant 1 = Before the platform's left edge
Quadrant 2 = The left half of the platform square
Quadrant 3 = The right half of the platform square (extending slightly beyond the platform's right edge)
Quadrant 4 = Past the platform's right edge a bit

This is how I do it. I keep a mark on my head for the raid to follow during port phases.
Gideon

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:49 am

Following is wrong, simply because due to latency you move on their screen up to 1-2 seconds after you actually do.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby leira_ » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:16 am

Worldie wrote:Following is wrong, simply because due to latency you move on their screen up to 1-2 seconds after you actually do.

this is a good tip ^
leira_

Postby Arcia » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:33 am

Do you actually have to do the dance in phase 1?
I was in a naxx10 pug 2 weeks ago and Im pretty sure in phase 1 the tank just tanked him on the plattform and everyone dps'ed him, in phase 2 we did the dance.

We did our first naxx10 guildrun yesterday and we did the dance in both phases and got an achievement for it, now achievements are ussualy awarded for completing bosses the hard way so I guess I didnt just dream about us not dancing in phase 1 first time I did it?.
Arcia

Postby majiben » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:35 am

I know he messes with casting speed if you tank him on the platform during phase 1 and you also expose more people to his disease. Also the dancing in phase 1 is much slower and is good for the tank and melee to learn exactly were the explosions occur, making phase 2 easier for them.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Mzi » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:54 am

Play "Canned Heat" on vent over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Until their ears bleed and get it right.
Mzi

Postby Jhendlyn » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:27 am

I think someone mentioned this already, but I just have our enh shammy lay a totem at each safe spot. We haven't had a single death to explosions since then!
Jhendlyn

Postby Kynes » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:31 am

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but it probably bears repeating.

Heigan has no aggro radius off his platform now. IE you can walk people through the fight before pulling if you have even 1 person with experience. 5 minutes of prep saves 30 minutes of stupid wipes.

Enjoy.
Kynes of the Nightfall - Darkspear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Kynes

Postby Pallypete » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:13 pm

We ended up 7-manning him for 75% of the fight (on heroic). Took about half an hour. People were calling for us to wipe it and start over and we were like NOWAY HE DIES. haha. Had 1 DPS, 2 healers and 3 tanks left by the very end.
Pallypete

Postby Elsie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Here's a KISS method of knowing where to go during phase 2. If you have trouble in phase 1, well, it's actually easily healable so long as DPS do not stand on a crack in the floor. A crack will deal multiple instances of the damage, where as you will take 0 or 7500 damage by standing on a non-cracked (and swinging through a non-cracked) area on the ground. A resto druid and CoH priest can easily handle this, and you can lust Heigan very far down.

Start in position 1. Watch the splash up. If your graphics are turns up, it leaves green sparkly crap in the area you have to go to. This effect lingers for quite a few seconds after the "splash up" effect. Don't stand where the green sparkly crap didn't come up. This way you'll never be not-far-enough into the next dance quadrant.

For example, you start in Quadrant 1. Splash happens. Green stuff sparkles in Quadrant 2,3,4. Move into the Green sparkly stuff. Wait.
Splash happens. Quadrant 1,3,4 have sparkles. Move into Quadrant 3 (obviously you know not to go backwards), better known as the next spot over with green sparkly stuff from the splash up. Wait.
Repeat.
Elsie

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon