[25] TK Bugged Mind Control?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] TK Bugged Mind Control?

Postby sanctifico » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:51 am

Last night we spent 4hours wiping on KT (after oneshotting 4h and Sappharon for progression kills) because KT was resetting threat EVERY time he cast mindcontrol.

Weird thing was that it reset for everyone so obvously the locks/mages/spriests got agro because KT charged accross the raid to hit some random caster/hunter.

He casts nothing that would reset threat, there are no forum posts about it, and he certainly didnt do it back at 60 or at 70 when i funran it.

Now I've spoken to lots of people from various guilds who said that this hasnt happened to them, but has anyone else experienced the same?

We have him tonight, and frankly if it happens again ill ticket a GM and i will bite their head off if its a bug.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:27 am

Perhaps you have a jerk in your raid casting hand of salvation on your tank. Or doing something else.
Belloc

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:31 am

I've had this happen to me; I'd be miles head on Omen then suddenly someone would pull aggro.

I thought it was because I was changing targets to HoJ a MCed target, and that changing targets off KT would do some weird aggro thing, but a reset on MC makes much more sense, and is pretty trivial to handle, if you know what's happening.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Markoh » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:33 am

I don't think that its a bug. Happened to us, just have your tank taunt after a mc. Incase your wondering, yes he is tauntable (found this out the hard way when our mt had a guardian on him)
Markoh

Re: [25] TK Bugged Mind Control?

Postby Kihra » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:56 am

sanctifico wrote:Last night we spent 4hours wiping on KT (after oneshotting 4h and Sappharon for progression kills) because KT was resetting threat EVERY time he cast mindcontrol.

Weird thing was that it reset for everyone so obvously the locks/mages/spriests got agro because KT charged accross the raid to hit some random caster/hunter.

He casts nothing that would reset threat, there are no forum posts about it, and he certainly didnt do it back at 60 or at 70 when i funran it.

Now I've spoken to lots of people from various guilds who said that this hasnt happened to them, but has anyone else experienced the same?

We have him tonight, and frankly if it happens again ill ticket a GM and i will bite their head off if its a bug.

We killed KT last night in 25-man, and he reset aggro every single time he did the mind control. Omen showed the reset too I think...

I just learned to anticipate it and picked him back up. I assume it's just part of the fight (kind of like Noth dropping aggro when he blinks) and not a bug.
Kihra

Postby sanctifico » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:14 am

yeah confirmed it with some of the better tanks on our server :p

he did this back at 60 too, but since i was a healer i ignored it,.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Re: [25] TK Bugged Mind Control?

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:16 am

Kihra wrote:Omen showed the reset too I think...

Given that threat values are now exposed via the API and omen is actually showing Real Values(tm), what omen shows is what the game is working with.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:23 am

If my understanding is correct, at 60 the tank was a legal target for the mind control, and that would dump threat. At 80, the tank is not a legal target... but if he would have been selected, all threat is removed even though the mind control debuff isn't applied. The solution is to just mash taunt if he starts to wander away.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Yes, we killed KT today as well (2shot <.< after a 12% wipe cause rogues managed to fail at moving <.<) and he always resetted aggro after MC.

No real deal, taunt -> avengershieldcritfor9k -> haiboss.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morganim » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:48 pm

Its definately an aggro wipe when he MC's similar to noth.

Judge > Slam and id have him back instantly, nothing to worry about with how retarded threat is these days
Morganim

Postby Amarant_Pally » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:33 am

Experienced this problem as well. Wasn't too much of an issue, but the "lol wtf is he going?" moment was funny.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Jellypop » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:47 am

3 pulled tonight (only 3 ppl in raid done KT in 40man, oo red circle, p3 eating up a tank)

hell, i died on the kill so our other pally tank had to tank all 4 adds in p3 and we still managed to kill KT.

the aggro reset, like other said, is tauntable, so really doesn't mean much.

I GOT THE SHIELD!!!!
Jellypop

Postby Lousiana » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:05 am

Best thing I had so far was a MCed Retribution Paladin casting Repentance on me. GG. :lol:

As for OTs dieing. On our server first I had to tankall 4 adds + KT from 17% downwards.
Now we just keep Battlerezzes available for OTs. If it happens again, I taunt and the BRed OT can taunt back.
Lousiana

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon