[10] Gluth

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Gluth

Postby Pallacious » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:57 pm

Is it necessary to have a hunter kite the adds? We have me Prot Pally and a Prot Warr setup on tanks. Am I supposed to kite and tank the boss when it's my turn? or should 1 dps be a designated kiter? We haven't had our hunters on recently and wonder if there's any suggestions you can give me while the zombies are out with High HP. Any suggestions appreciated. We got him to 50% after a few attempts and then the zombies made it in.. so wondering if there's any other strats we may have overlooked.

Thanks
Pallacious

Postby Conaan! » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:07 pm

we successfully did it with a blood DK in tank gear taunting off our Warrior OT (who MT'd gluth since hes a wimp) when the warrior had 6 stacks of mortal wound, waited till debuff went off, then warrior taunted back, a pally is just too good at kiting (and its too damn fun) and stopping the adds (GO GO holy wrath) to use on the boss, unless you have 2 pallies or a skilled ret pally/holy pally to spare
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:10 pm

Conaan! wrote:we successfully did it with a blood DK in tank gear taunting off our Warrior OT (who MT'd gluth since hes a wimp) when the warrior had 6 stacks of mortal wound, waited till debuff went off, then warrior taunted back, a pally is just too good at kiting (and its too damn fun) and stopping the adds (GO GO holy wrath) to use on the boss, unless you have 2 pallies or a skilled ret pally/holy pally to spare

We used a ret pally, mostly because we are familiar with using pallys for this as we used a holy pally back in the 40 man version.

Anyhow, if you group up your raid, and have a pally run a big circle around them dropping a consecrate on them when the CD is up, that will pick up all the adds. The adds generally run towards the healers as they come in, and then step in the consecrate which causes them the aggro the pally.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:28 am

We usually have a hunter responsible for dropping a trap about a foot in front of the center grate, and a holydin stands just past the trap spam healing the tanks. Then depending on what tanks are in the raid, I either spam death and decay and run in circles around the trap, or our paladin tank drops consecrate over the edge of the ice slick and runs in circles around it. It amounts to the same strategy either way, but does require a damage warrior/deathknight/druid/paladin to taunt Gluth for one wound to reset the tank's debuff.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Maddok » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:53 am

Ended up doing Gluth last night w/o a mage or hunter so we too went with the put a DPS in tank gear and I kited adds as the only paladin in the raid.
Maddok

Postby tbolt » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:12 am

Are you guys kiting in your prot gear? I haven't had to do this yet since there is always someone else available to kite but I always hear people say pallies are really good at it. I usually assumed they mean holy pallies since they got large mana pools. What I'm wondering is how people manage to kite the zombies as prot, spamming consecrates all over the place with our small mana pool.
tbolt

Postby mirkodeluxe » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:16 am

Tbolt wrote:Are you guys kiting in your prot gear? I haven't had to do this yet since there is always someone else available to kite but I always hear people say pallies are really good at it. I usually assumed they mean holy pallies since they got large mana pools. What I'm wondering is how people manage to kite the zombies as prot, spamming consecrates all over the place with our small mana pool.

You dont have to spam consecrate, just drop one in the middle and run with seal of wisdom on. if you run low on mana just use divine plea or let a few zombies hit you if you manage to kite without them touching you.
I usually get hit once in a while and if you manage to hit 2-3 with HoTR and wisdom on you are fine with mana.
mirkodeluxe

Postby Ashmadai » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:23 am

If you have a prot pally in 10 man doing the kiting, who is taunting off the other tank? A dps just taunt and holds him long enough for the tank to lose the Mortal wound?

The two times we've cleared Naxx we just had a hunter kite them. It's ridiculously easy for them to do, but I could see how having the hunter stay on DPS and me kiting the adds could work well too, as long as we had somebody to taunt off the warrior and let the mortal drop off. So could a DK in DPS gear go frost presence and live long enough for the MT to lose his stacks in 10 man?
Ashmadai

Postby Maddok » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:49 am

Last night we had a truly strange makeup
Prot Pally (Me)
Frost DK (Tank)
Unholy DK (DPS)
Blood DK (DPS)
Holy Priest
Tree Druid
Affliction Lock
Rogue x 2
Shaman

The blood DK put on a few tank pieces and switched to frost presence to taunt as needed.

Since we were running 3 healers they waited until the MT had 6 debuffs before taunting.

I ran around in tank gear using As, HotR, consecrated and judging wisdom as needed. When Gluth did his decimate I hit Holy Wrath.

Having an earthbind totem in the middle of the room helped too.
Maddok

Postby Invisusira » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:01 am

The class honestly doesn't matter as much as the player. If they're a good kiter, they can do it. Frost traps, grounding totems, etc are a HUGE plus.

As for MT/OT, I usually have the OT taunt at only 3 marks to help conserve healer mana. There really is no need for going any higher than that, even though you can very easily take the hits.
Invisusira

Postby blueblood » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:15 pm

Tbolt wrote:Are you guys kiting in your prot gear? I haven't had to do this yet since there is always someone else available to kite but I always hear people say pallies are really good at it. I usually assumed they mean holy pallies since they got large mana pools. What I'm wondering is how people manage to kite the zombies as prot, spamming consecrates all over the place with our small mana pool.

Seal of Wisdom, holy shield up and hit them with HotR from time to time and use divine plea every cooldown, usualy does the trick :)
blueblood

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:32 pm

I kite in my prot gear. Mana has never been an issue in the slightest. I simply drop a consecrate on the spawn point, exorcism every other add, use taunts if necessary, etc... but the adds WILL hit you on occasion and the extra dodge/parry/blocks and damage healed will guarantee that you have plenty of mana.

Also, Divine Plea.

Now, the harder part is what to do when we don't have a feral/warrior as DPS. Our second time in Naxx-10, we had to resort to our resto druid going bearform and using barkskin to taunt off the MT since I was way in the back. Not fun :)
Belloc

Postby Nalyn » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:36 pm

Yup, tank gear, Sanc on, seal of wisdom up, run in a circle around the grate, earthbind totems and frost traps are huge pluses. More than likely you're going to take enough hits on trap refreshes, and from grabbing new zombies (unless you're just REALLY good at it), that your mana will stay up. Also, once you get the timing down, you don't really need to consecrate more than once or twice per rotation, as you'll be able to judge/exorcism/shield toss or slam the add as it spawns.

And ya, a prot pally works REALLY freaking well for doing this (I could also see a DK in frost presence doing well on this), and Gluth doesn't hit for crap, as long as you've got a dps'er with a taunt, that can survive the hits for 20 seconds, they are good to play OT.
Nalyn

Postby Erutaron » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:35 am

We did this fight the other night for the first time.

We tried a few attempts with me and the warrior OT tanking,
--Having a mage kite.....FAIL
--Having a fury warrior kite.....FAIL (respec'd out of Piercing Howl like a nub)

Finally said enough of this crap, Fury warrior threw on his tanking gear, and OT'd while I kited. The fury warrior just had to tank long enough for debuffs to drop off, were using a 3 stack of debuffs to not strain out our healers.
--First attempt I got gibbed with 75 stacks and 10 chow cause I was dumb and forgot my run speed boots :-/
---Second attempt, Gluth went down quite easily, shortly after second decimate

I was picking up the odd mobs (1,3,5,7,9 spawn) with Exorcism, Consecrate in between to get the even mobs, wait for decimate, pop holy wrath and have the mage and warlock nuke em down.

Mana wasn't really a problem, I was getting the occasional hit so between SA, Divine Plea, and Arcane Torrent mana was no issue.
Erutaron

Postby Rokh » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:06 am

_________B

_________R

________--X--
_______/____\
_______|_G__|
_______\____/

B=boss
R=raid
G=grate + frost trap/totem
X= where you drop you conc

The Chow spawn on the trap, head towards the raid from healing threat, pass right through your conc (works perfectly as it takes about 8 sec to make a full loop)

I've pulled off this fight in 10man with less than 5 stacks, only reason i got more than 1 was when the boss did the big AoE, the shaman incharge of earthbind was healing when it ran out and the first few Chow got in a few hits.
Rokh

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon