Remove Advertisements

[25]OS-Hard Mode

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby ajthebest » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:04 am

I’m not sure if its because we are a heavy melee guild or are carrying morons, but our melee is having a hell of a time trying to notice the fissures. Any suggestions? Last night we had around 8-9 melee (excluding tanks)
ajthebest

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:13 am

ajthebest wrote:I’m not sure if its because we are a heavy melee guild or are carrying morons, but our melee is having a hell of a time trying to notice the fissures. Any suggestions? Last night we had around 8-9 melee (excluding tanks)

Zoom out and look more top down. There's no excuse really. If the add tanks can notice them with a billion blazes/whelps beating on them then anyone else can.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Splug » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:59 am

ajthebest wrote:I’m not sure if its because we are a heavy melee guild or are carrying morons, but our melee is having a hell of a time trying to notice the fissures. Any suggestions? Last night we had around 8-9 melee (excluding tanks)
That is a bit heavy on melee, but that's hardly an excuse. I can see it creating a problem for their damage (the more melee, the more likely void zones occur in melee range, and thus the more time they all spend running away) but actually getting hit by it is just someone making a mistake. We also have two or three of our melee damage designated to call void zones in melee, just as a failsafe.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Kihra » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:57 pm

We succeeded at this fight last night. The strategy that worked well for us was to just skip all portals until all three drakes were dead. To compensate for the extra damage, we brought four tanks.

We had a feral on Sartharion, a warrior on Tenebron, and then me and a DK tank picking up adds at first. When Shadron landed, I tanked him just until Tenebron was dead, handed him off to the warrior and then went back to adds.

When Vesperon landed, I tanked him while the warrior continued to tank Shadron. Splitting the drakes is how we dealt with them being buffed because we were skipping the portals. Another perk of a paladin tanking Vesperon is that you don't have to hit him to hold threat (and thus don't take any Twilight Torment damage).

We had our hunters full time on blazes instead of being on Shadron. This kept the adds from ever getting out of control and made life easier for the sole DK tank.

For the druid tanking Sartharion, we just always made sure some sort of damage reduction buff was up on him... either one of his own abilities or Pain Suppression, Guardian Spirit, Hand of Sacrifice from a Holy pally, etc.

We only brought 4 melee DPS. Ranged DPS just seems to have a significant advantage on this fight, and so we stacked that over melee.
Kihra

Postby Skeezy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:41 pm

Can the elemental adds be tranq shotted/Rogue poisoned to remove the buff they get from the flame wall? I think I recall someone saying that, would help a bit, I always seem to get enraged elementals, haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet though.
Skeezy

Postby Valsh » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:03 pm

Skeezy wrote:Can the elemental adds be tranq shotted/Rogue poisoned to remove the buff they get from the flame wall? I think I recall someone saying that, would help a bit, I always seem to get enraged elementals, haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet though.

Yes they can, but it is very impractical to have a rogue do it.
Valsh

Postby knaughty » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Spell effects to zero hides consecrate and death and decay, but leaves fissures up, and also makes exact edge of lava wall easier to see.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Joanadark » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:34 pm

Actually, no.
Our setup includes a melee group with 3 HAT rogues. They are sitting on excesses of energy pretty much all the time. Fan of Knives actually applies Poisons to everything within 8 yards, so we just have our three rogues briefly swap to a spare weapon with Anesthetic Poison on it, Fan of Knives the pack of blazes, and then swap back to their normal main hand. 3 Rogues doing it is more than enough to remove every enrage that might be up right at the crucial moments of the fight.

Tranq Shot, on the other hand, only hits one target, and has a long cooldown.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Valsh » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:23 am

Joanadark wrote:

Actually, no.
Our setup includes a melee group with 3 HAT rogues. They are sitting on excesses of energy pretty much all the time. Fan of Knives actually applies Poisons to everything within 8 yards, so we just have our three rogues briefly swap to a spare weapon with Anesthetic Poison on it, Fan of Knives the pack of blazes, and then swap back to their normal main hand. 3 Rogues doing it is more than enough to remove every enrage that might be up right at the crucial moments of the fight.

Tranq Shot, on the other hand, only hits one target, and has a long cooldown.

That would be great, if for some reason you had 50 enraged blazes up ^^
Valsh

Postby Joanadark » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:18 am

You probably use a dedicated Blaze tank dont you?
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby PsiVen » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:11 am

HAT spec isn't very good on this fight, too much switching around. I'm surprised they stick with it as by all accounts it's rather boring to play.

On the other hand the use of FoK is genius. I'm going to forward that to our folks.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Splug » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:02 am

PsiVen wrote:On the other hand the use of FoK is genius. I'm going to forward that to our folks.
Yeah, that's extremely clever. We normally just ignore the enraged ones and don't even bother with tranq'ing out - just full burn the boss. Then again, both of our rogues are combat (IE: actually have to use their energy) and I think we only had one in the raid last week, so it probably loses a bit for us.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:59 pm

HAT spec isn't very good on this fight, too much switching around. I'm surprised they stick with it as by all accounts it's rather boring to play.

What are you switching to?
The Tenebron and Shadron DPS burns, the most important points in the whole fight, dont involve ever switching targets.
Joanadark

Postby Kikiel » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:44 pm

PsiVen wrote:HAT spec isn't very good on this fight, too much switching around. I'm surprised they stick with it as by all accounts it's rather boring to play.

On the other hand the use of FoK is genius. I'm going to forward that to our folks.

Well HAT is broken and OP right now. Stack the 3 of them into a group and 2 other high crit classes and they just destroy stuff.
Kikiel

Postby blish » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:35 pm

Took a while but Sarth +3 down and another server first.
blish

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon