[25]OS-Hard Mode

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Valsh » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:47 am

It's worth mentioning that Discipline priests aren't too shabby here on the maintank, especially if you're dps is a bit slack in the twilight realm. You just need to make sure the people outside are informed of when insta-gibs are possible so the right cooldowns can be assigned.

Hunters can tranq shot the enraged blazes as i picked up from the tooltip a couple of weeks ago, this is useful when the odd blaze that has just spawned manages to wander into the flame wall - especially while Power of Shadron debuff is still up.

We ran with a Deathknight to pickup the blazes as deathgripping them across the plateau is pure sex. It's a decent idea to have the Sartharion tank use some fire resistance too. The only time physical damage becomes a real problem is when Twilight Revenge hits 3 stacks but at this point a real tank can step in with taunt and then you're home free.
Valsh

Postby Gaffer » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:13 am

To those comparing to pre-nerf M'uru, unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see content near that level again :\ We scored our kill tonight after less than four hours of attempts having never pulled him with any drakes up before with a pretty inexperienced raid (12 of 25 members who had never set foot in pre-3.0 SWP). That said, it was fun to come up against an encounter that was at least semi-challenging for the first time this expansion..

We ran Druid tanking Sartharion, me on Drakes and a DK on all the other adds. I'd definitely recommend running either a skilled DK for add tanks or two of another class to grab up adds. Pelendralaar pretty much covered everything, but the one thing I wanted to mention was that stam proved to be the king of all stats here. I've seen a lot of talk on these forums about how stacking stam is for epeen only but at almost 42k raid buffed (just under 31k with the debuff), there were times where I almost got gibbed when both Shadron and Vesperon were on me. Our druid did get one-shot by the breath several times until we resocketed him a little more stam heavy.

I'm definitely looking forward to taking a shot at the 10-man version tomorrow!
Gaffer

Postby Ratanna » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:31 pm

yeah i'm in impervious and i've killed it.

I've done it both tanking 2 drakes and once tanking sartharion. Spell mit meta and high hp 4tw.

I've tried tanking adds but its just too sloppy compared to DK. DKs can do so much more aoe threat/dmg and cover even a larger area. Paladins are very limited.

Put a DK on the adds. if u dont have one, find somebody and gear him out. 3 tanks is all u need.

Optimal comp would be

DK on Sarth

Paladin/Druid on double Drakes

DK on Adds. w/o DK on adds more than likely u will need 2 tanks to cover it. Taking up another raid slot.
Ratanna

Postby Huon » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Tell me why DK cover more than us? we did Sarth 25 with 2 drakes up, leaving tenebron and shadron up and had no issues whatsoever picking up the adds.

Next week leaving vesperon up, which will be the exact same but with less room for player fuck up (-25% hp).

I think DK and paladin are on par for adds.

EDIT: Just FYI, I personally think tenebron is the hardest to leave up because all the whelps that cause chaos, otherwise its easy to just go down in the portal.
Huon

Postby Morganim » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:26 pm

Ive found the DK to be better as well.

Death and Decay seems to have a massive aoe range compared to consecrate, and can be placed on the fly not where ur standing.

Disease 1 add then spread it to them all withing 2-3 GCDS. If unholy blight has an almost 100% uptime. There just very very good at getting alll the loose adds.

Id love to be able to use one for us but ours just dont have the gear for takning atm as there both being used for DPS over a tanking role.
Morganim

Postby knaughty » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:35 pm

Pelendralaar wrote:sorry for such a large screen shot.

offending post

Maybe we could change that embed to a link?

Whole of page 2 is unreadable to me due to broken text wrapping.

The text, however, is awesome, thank you for the tips & rundown.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Dork » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:23 pm

I've done the adds solo, tanked sarth and tanked the drakes (solo tank all of them).

We only use 3 tanks with a dpsers(feral, war, dk) grabbing threat on any acolytes. I prefer to have the DK on sarth, because he can mitigate everything on his own, whereas I like to get some help, (ie sac and gspirit for iffy breaths).

This leaves myself and a warrior left. Out of the two I prefer to put myself on the adds and I honestly think Paladins do a fine job at it. I haven't seen how well a DK can do it solo, so obviously my opinion is a bit biased. I know that I've pulled off some high dps on all of the adds together. I've got one wws of 5100, attempt wasn't past 2nd drake dying though, so a bit skewed. I've got a few about 4k and almost always above 3k dps during the fight.

So if a DK can do that even better I'm definitely going to be interested to try them out.
Dork

Postby blish » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:25 pm

Has anyone done Sarth with 3 drakes up and just zerg Sarth in under 3 mins.
Is this doable. We are having some slight issues, but I think we are bringing in to many healers (7)
blish

Postby Huon » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:28 pm

blish wrote:Has anyone done Sarth with 3 drakes up and just zerg Sarth in under 3 mins.
Is this doable. We are having some slight issues, but I think we are bringing in to many healers (7)

Pretty sure that if you kill him first the adds Enrage and wipe you. Plus one of the drake reduces damage taken by what, 90-100% when his portal is up?
Huon

Postby blish » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:30 pm

Huon wrote:
blish wrote:Has anyone done Sarth with 3 drakes up and just zerg Sarth in under 3 mins.

Pretty sure that if you kill him first the adds Enrage and wipe you. Plus one of the drake reduces damage taken by what, 90-100% when his portal is up?

Yea I know this, but the guild GM was just thinking of server first thats all.
blish

Postby Huon » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:32 pm

Server first to.... kill Sarth with 3 adds still alive in the fight? lol
Huon

Postby blish » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:43 pm

Yea I would prefer the right way to do it, but yea server first I guess, any1 got a good video of there kill please.
blish

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:03 am

Yeah, my guild did it last Monday, and another flawless kill on Wednesday with no deaths...it's fun as hell, by far the best thing in this expansion so far imo.

Working on 10 man now...so great.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby FallMonkey » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:42 am

Any tips on pulling adds?

I found it really hard for me to grab all lava/whelp adds. Comparing to DK who has more than 5 long range pull abilities, i only have shield and consecration which only burns the region beneath me. Once there're 3-4 lava spawn in a row, i know it's gonna be another 50 DKP MINUS.

Any help here? I tried JoL and made a macro to taunt the healer aggroing the whelps.......but it still sucks.

Damn i wanna tank drake, which i can release my dps as much as i want, but the drake tank is an old player in our guild and i'm just a newbie.
FallMonkey

Postby enbee » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:10 am

I swapped to add tank for this reset, and it doesn't seem overly hard, I just drop a consecrate between the whelp portal and the raid and pick up blazes with whatever I have handy, AS/taunt/running up and shotr/hotr, I also jol tenebron all the time
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon