[10] Loatheb

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Loatheb

Postby Precio » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:18 pm

Is it worth getting the 2.3 BoJ pants and stacking defense gems in them to become Block Capped for this fight?

Last time we did it, I would get hit for like 900 on every blocked hit. But he would hit me and I wouldn't block it, taking my hp down, and thus, adding up the damage taken significantly.

Once again, is sacrificing a bit of HP worth it for this boss?

**We didn't kill him, that is why I ask.**

Also, 2 or 3 healers? And did you take some spores as the tank after a few minutes?
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Loatheb can be a bit of a mana hog, so taking a Spore at the BEGINNING when actually have mana to use with it can be very useful. The boss itself is doable with 2 healers, but taking three is perfectly reasonable if you need them. Hitting the Block Cap is by no means NECESSARY, but since EH, as you correctly point out, means almost nothing in this encounter, it will certainly help.

This said, tank damage is usually not the issue with Loatheb. It might be better to tell your raid to sort themselves out with bandages/pots/healthstones, and get your healers to learn exactly how to maximise their output on this fight.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Precio » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:17 pm

Problem with taking a spore at the beginning is the fact that you do absolutely no threat while under the effects of the (de-)buff, and it only affects the 5 people closest to it, so the ranged dps-ers will most undoubtedly pull aggro.

One other question. Is the increase in his raid damage abilities a time based or % based thing.

Basically I mean, is this a DPS race?
Precio

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:33 pm

All raid stack in 1 point.

Move loatheb so all the raid gets first spore.

Avoid other spores.

Tank also start getting spores at 50%.

LOOT?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lousiana » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:25 am

Never had threat issues. Rogues are your best friends:

Tricks of the Trade : current party or raid member becomes the target of your Tricks of the Trade. The threat caused by your next attack and all actions taken for 6 sec afterwards will be transferred to the target. In addition, all damage caused by the target is increased by 15% during this time. (HUGE reason to bring another rogue with you when rogue tanking, absolves threat issues!)

On bosses we start with me pulling with Avenger Shield while a Hunter missdirecting. As soon as everyone is in position our Rogue casts Tricks of Trade on me. From that point on I am about 50k threat in advance rolling 9696.

On Loatheb the rogue starts Tricks of Trade after the first spore hits him. s soon as I recognize the threatboost I switch to Seal of Light and keep Sacred Shield as well as Trinkets on Cooldown.

It's basicaly free loot.
Lousiana

Postby Arjuna » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:19 am

Tricks of the Trade : current party or raid member becomes the target of your Tricks of the Trade. The threat caused by your next attack and all actions taken for 6 sec afterwards will be transferred to the target. In addition, all damage caused by the target is increased by 15% during this time. (HUGE reason to bring another rogue with you when rogue tanking, absolves threat issues!)

wait, what?

rogue tanking???
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby majiben » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:20 am

Be sure to use sacred sheild, have your preists to use PWS, and have your other paladins use HoSac if you're getting low. It is a dps race and I will kill for a shammy for both their heroism, str/agilty totem, and mana spring totem. A DK can work too for their horn of winter but you still lack a heroism. I found that Popping wings at the start of the fight can work because you don't get into trouble till after the 2 minute mark.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Precio » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:47 am

Thanks for the replies. Loatheb down. Need to start a threat regarding PW & HH now. See ya there.
Precio

Postby mconeone » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:50 pm

Lousiana wrote:On Loatheb the rogue starts Tricks of Trade after the first spore hits him. s soon as I recognize the threatboost I switch to Seal of Light and keep Sacred Shield as well as Trinkets on Cooldown.

It's basicaly free loot.

Does seal of light work with necrotic aura? I used Wisdom once I had a lead to not go OOM.
mconeone

Postby mirkodeluxe » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:12 am

mconeone wrote:
Lousiana wrote:On Loatheb the rogue starts Tricks of Trade after the first spore hits him. s soon as I recognize the threatboost I switch to Seal of Light and keep Sacred Shield as well as Trinkets on Cooldown.

It's basicaly free loot.

Does seal of light work with necrotic aura? I used Wisdom once I had a lead to not go OOM.

No, it doesnt work. I wasnt tanking yesterday, but I used JoL and alternated between SoW and SoL to heal/regen mana respectively.

JoL doesnt work with the aura either, but I do think it is very useful for those 3 seconds when it does work.
mirkodeluxe

Postby Mex » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:51 am

JoW is best if you're the only pally. The 3 seconds of JoL uptime isn't significant enough to worry about, but the extra DPS from JoW is.

When trying to manage your mana, remember that consecrate is your biggest mana hog. I use exorcism over consecrate every second rotation, and always drop consecrate in order to re-seal or divine plea (which you should be doing every cooldown).

I use wings off the bat, and 3 minutes in, since if we're getting into trouble it's after the 5 minute mark.

If you're going to LoH yourself, let your healers know so that they can ignore you for that phase.
Mex

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon