[10] Anub'Rekhan questions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Lousiana » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:59 am

Amarant_Pally wrote:
Epimer wrote:Ok, I'm wiping my raid over and over trying to do this kiting thing. I don't have PoJ or Boar's Speed. Is it still doable? I am failing horribly at this and feeling pretty bad about it!

Fix that, then. ;)

It is not necessary to have speed improvements. Anub runs after you slow enough.

@15 seconds before potential swarm turn him facing in the direction of your running path.
@10 seconds turn your camera around so you already look in the direction you want to run to. Have one mousebutton clicked, so you only need to click 1 button to turn 180 degree and start running.

Tell a melee to stay in melee range of Anub until swarm is up because otherwise you can be unlucky and be affected by impale.
Lousiana

Postby Epimer » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:34 am

Lousiana wrote:@15 seconds before potential swarm turn him facing in the direction of your running path.
@10 seconds turn your camera around so you already look in the direction you want to run to. Have one mousebutton clicked, so you only need to click 1 button to turn 180 degree and start running.

I've been doing exactly that, camera turned and everything (memories of Murmur on my rogue...). It's just that by the end of the kite, I'd be taking a few stacks of locusts and then any hit from him would be the end of me.

We did have a healer waiting for me, as per Knaughty's suggestion. However, I suspect raid dps was quite low, because our best attempt had him at 800k after 2 kites. We'll get him later in the week, I'm sure (Boar's Speed or no Boar's Speed).
Epimer

Postby Ashmadai » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:05 am

Tiranknight wrote:Downed him today, was OT but had trouble picking up the Elite adds at times...

seems like I was silenced almost every time the add spawned and I couldn't get a hold of it until after it destroyed someone... Hunter had to MD to me a lot.

any way to avoid this? couldn't Exorcise, couldn't Avenger's Shield, couldn't Judge...

You can't use any abilities during Carrion Swarm if you're within like 30 yards of Anub'rekhan. I found this out mid fight of our first attempt on him. =) You just have to get far enough away from him to throw your shield or whatever to grab the adds.
Ashmadai

Postby Lousiana » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:27 am

You can eat Swarms and you will eat Swarms. That's what they are made for.

The key to it is to have healers waiting for you out of Swarm range who will keep you up once you have done the 180° run.
Lousiana

Postby Splug » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:08 am

Worldie wrote:
Docc wrote:This does not work on Heroic, fully stacked swarm is death for any tank in hero, but for 10 man atleast this is the easiest way.

Quite untrue, swarm hits for same amount in 10 and 25 men.

In fact, it's easier to outheal in 25 since you got 6-7 healers instead of 2-3
The swarm is ~1k damage per stack, and I think it maxes out at 12. With 11k-12k ticks, the healing will be a bit rough if there are no cooldowns available... but that's certainly not enough to one-shot or even two-shot a tank. And as Worldie has mentioned, it's actually easier with 25 than it is with 10; same damage, more healers, possibly more health buffs from the raid.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:08 pm

I tanked him one time and it went well but everytime I get to the other side, I am silenced and cant Divine Protection or holy shield or anything at all...I was getting down pretty low. Is there a sure way to avoid silence?
Frickit

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:15 pm

Splug wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Docc wrote:This does not work on Heroic, fully stacked swarm is death for any tank in hero, but for 10 man atleast this is the easiest way.

Quite untrue, swarm hits for same amount in 10 and 25 men.

In fact, it's easier to outheal in 25 since you got 6-7 healers instead of 2-3
The swarm is ~1k damage per stack, and I think it maxes out at 12. With 11k-12k ticks, the healing will be a bit rough if there are no cooldowns available... but that's certainly not enough to one-shot or even two-shot a tank. And as Worldie has mentioned, it's actually easier with 25 than it is with 10; same damage, more healers, possibly more health buffs from the raid.

-Splug

1k per tick and maxes at 10.

You cannot avoid the silence in any way, if you get hit by it (by choice or error).
Tbfh, DK are OP for this fight.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:37 pm

Worldie wrote:1k per tick and maxes at 10.

You cannot avoid the silence in any way, if you get hit by it (by choice or error).
Tbfh, DK are OP for this fight.
Yes, but you don't get hit by the debuff while shell is up. With the AMS glyph, I think it'd be possible to just completely ignore the swarm effect on the tank. It's only a 10 second aura, right?

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Yes, 10 seconds, i got like 5 stacks on my DK when tanking it, healers went DPSing.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jobah » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:46 pm

stand there and eat it, its easy to heal through
Jobah

Postby Belloc » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:08 am

It was already mentioned, but I'll say it again: Kite along the wall, not the platform. You want to be behind the slime. This gives you a little bit more time AND it helps prevent healers from getting silenced. Once you get to the other side of the room, healers need to spam some big heals on you.

Also, scarabs are a mage's job, not a tanks. A mage should hang out at the add corpses and frost nova as soon as adds spawn. Properly executed, the scarabs will be dead before frost nova breaks.
Belloc

Postby Epimer » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:32 am

Guild runs are routinely one-shotting the guy now, and one-shotted him a couple of times in heroic PuGs, too. I've started doing him the super-easy/hax/cheating way:

First kite: swiftness potion

Second kite: engineering rocket thingies on boots (carrying a spare set of boots for this alone).

Third kite: there is no third kite.

Completely trivialises the encounter, and lets me pretend for 6 minutes every week that taking engineering wasn't a complete waste of time.
(should say that neither of the above are necessary in guild runs, but in PuGs it provides some breathing room to allow for slow healers or those who are new to the encounter).
Epimer

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:28 am

I don't have PoJ or Boar's Speed either.

Approximately 3 seconds before the swarm would go off, I'd Sacred Shield myself, turn, and take off like a bandit. Also had a healer stay in range the whole time, and heal me up.

(Though, it did take three times. First time was the test. Second, I lagged out into the wall and couldn't move. Third time, he was toast)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby dmok » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:44 am

Easiest method I've found (10 and 25) was to stand there and take the damage. Pop a dodge trinket at the end of the swarm, and he should be dead before the second swarm.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:46 am

Definitely easier to just stand in there and take the swarms. 2 healers are enough to heal you through it - speaking about 10 man of course. Will be trying the same thing for the 25 man version though - will be much easier with 6-7 healers.
Anubisknight

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon