Remove Advertisements

[10/25] How To: Naxxramas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Kihra » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:15 pm

Splug wrote:
Precio wrote:PATCHWERK

2nd in threat takes hatefuls? or the 2nd highest hp?

WTF determines who takes hatefuls.
Hateful strike will hit the player with the highest current HP in melee range. This effect ignores the active tank, unless there are no other targets in melee.

-Splug

This is incorrect.

There is a set of possible Hateful Strike targets that is threat-based. The Hateful Strike recipients are essentially off tanks that - as long as they are alive and highest on aggro - will be the only ones receiving the strikes... even if other melee that are lower on the aggro list have more health. The off tank that receives the Hateful Strike will be the one with the highest health out of this set of targets.

This is why having melee deliberately stand in the slime has never really been necessary. People who don't understand the mechanics of Hateful Strike suggest this, but the health of your melee DPSers does not matter as long as you keep the Hateful Strike off tanks alive.

In the 25-man version, the three highest aggro targets in melee range will be the Hateful Strike recipients. The health of any other melee DPS does not matter, as they will never receive Hateful Strikes as long as the off tanks stay alive.

In the 10-man version, the two highest aggro targets in melee range will be the Hateful Strike recipients.
Last edited by Kihra on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kihra

Postby Conaan! » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Kihra wrote:In the 10-man version, the two highest aggro targets in melee range (besides the tank) will be the Hateful Strike recipients.

you use only 2 tanks for it, so it would be the second highest aggro
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Kihra » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:29 pm

Conaan! wrote:
Kihra wrote:In the 10-man version, the two highest aggro targets in melee range (besides the tank) will be the Hateful Strike recipients.

you use only 2 tanks for it, so it would be the second highest aggro

I was including the main tank in the set of targets, as he can in fact be hit by a Hateful Strike if there are no other people in melee range.

If you want to exclude the main tank, then yes, 2 off tanks for 25 man and 1 off tank for 10 man.
Kihra

Postby Precio » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Thanks a bunch Kirha.

Also, the best geared tank has been said to be hateful strike tank. Is this necessary?
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Postby kosha » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:41 pm

Precio wrote:Thanks a bunch Kirha.

Also, the best geared tank has been said to be hateful strike tank. Is this necessary?

Well he does most of his damage to offtanks (hateful strike tanks). We have 3 tanks in our 25man group, me, well geared warrior and not so good geared dk. I did MT him, warrior was "first" hateful strike tank and dk was taking hateful strikes which didnt go to warrior. It was quite working tactic, most of dmg came to me, warrior took almost as much dmg as did and dk took about 1/3 of that.

His hateful strikes hit over 20k if i remember right, so high hp and high avoidance tank would be good for hateful strike tank role.
kosha

Postby Omamori » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:41 am

I'm no sure why or how, but Consecration seems to not work on Anub'rekhan's and Maexxnas' small adds at all in 10-man. Each time I drop it before the adds spawn, and the adds just ignore it. Any suggestions?
Omamori

Postby Hiroko » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:19 am

Was finding that too. In the end we had our mage frost nova the spiders in place and I consecrated under them - that seemed to work better.
Hiroko

Postby Targonis » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:46 am

Panzerdin wrote:
Talese wrote:sticky?

Targonis's post was far more constructive... But this.

I'm just givin ya little updates to put in as I read through and try new shit with my guild ;) You should post me in the credits! :P
Targonis

Postby Ewige » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:15 am

[25]Patchwerk was a wakeup call to the healers for sure. Tanks dropping like flies in 2 seconds flat. Pretty nerve-wracking, I bet. Good thing I learned to ignore my health bar for fights like these.

Now that we got our key, to malygos! About time we cleared the expansion :^P
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:47 am

We've got a ton of tanks and dps at 80, but so far only six healers. Three have been 80 a while and are decently geared, most - all heroic and badge upgrades, a couple of naxx 10 upgrades, two are still motly BT geared. Ought we to hold out for another healer or two to make 80 or do you think we could clear the place on heroic with 6 (not altogether awesomely geared) healers?
Rhiannon

Postby sanctifico » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:09 am

Rhiannon wrote:We've got a ton of tanks and dps at 80, but so far only six healers. Three have been 80 a while and are decently geared, most - all heroic and badge upgrades, a couple of naxx 10 upgrades, two are still motly BT geared. Ought we to hold out for another healer or two to make 80 or do you think we could clear the place on heroic with 6 (not altogether awesomely geared) healers?

Spider/Plague/Deathknight wings can be cleared with 6 healers).
Patchwerk required 7 for us but with better gear 6 is doable imo.

We did everything upto patchwerk with only one semi active preist which meant we had no fortitude buff for a huge number of bosses.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:21 am

Omamori wrote:I'm no sure why or how, but Consecration seems to not work on Anub'rekhan's and Maexxnas' small adds at all in 10-man. Each time I drop it before the adds spawn, and the adds just ignore it. Any suggestions?

On Maexxna, I found that the adds ran so fast that they could out-range my consecration before it ticked on them. Either that, or someone else was generating more threat than I was. I recommend waiting until they actually spawn to cast consecrate.
Belloc

Postby guillex » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:25 am

Stickied.

Panzer, read your PM's, please.

Keep up the discussion everyone :)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Panzerdin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:48 am

Gonna take a shot at a little cleanup and put in Targonis's suggestions (he's getting a little post slot on page two as credit).
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Ewige » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:40 pm

I think Kel'Thuzad's adds (the big scarab dudes) are immune to shackle, our priest certainly tried.

Warrior and myself just tanked two each. Seems easy enough.

Edit: this is on 25s, haven't even tried on 10s it's so easy.

(I keep getting Invalid Session for this forum for some reason, wth)
Ewige

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon