Remove Advertisements

[10] Sartharion with 3 drakes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Vioarr » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:20 am

So, going back again for this fight; best attempt we had was Shadron to 20% with a 3 heal 2 tank 5 dps setup. I'm going to be changing it around to a 2 tank, 2 heal 6 dps setup to try and blow up tenebron + vesperon as quickly as possible.

Raid comp is:

Holy Paladin
Prot Paladin (Me)
Holy Priest
Shadow Priest
Ass. Rogue
Unholy DK
Feral Druid (bear)
Fury Warrior
Enhance Shaman
Enhance Shaman/Elemental Shaman

So, I guess my main question is this. After you kill Tenebron, Vesperon lands and you dps him down; are groups waiting to dps Vesperon's portal add until after he is dead, to prevent having to hop in the portal more than once, or are you hopping in each time? I would think that you want to minimize the amount of time spent in the portals (at least on Vesperon) to ensure you burn him down as quickly as possible.
Vioarr
Maintankadonor

Postby Avengeance » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:51 am

Common thing to do is:
After you kill shadron, all DPS take the portal (get a plate dps to tank inside) and clean it. You will see Shadron's add and Vesperons add inside. I think its just easier to clean the adds at that point to first, reduce the remaining breath dmg (50% + 75% modifier still hurts), and second when you come out of portal you can have some time to dps vesperon without Twilgiht torment. After that, dont take any more portals until vesperon dies.

Of course, if your healing can handle the constant TT dmg and still relatively high MT dmg, you can skip the portal all together until all 3 drakes are dead.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Vioarr » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:53 am

Avengeance wrote:Common thing to do is:
After you kill shadron, all DPS take the portal (get a plate dps to tank inside) and clean it. You will see Shadron's add and Vesperons add inside. I think its just easier to clean the adds at that point to first, reduce the remaining breath dmg (50% + 75% modifier still hurts), and second when you come out of portal you can have some time to dps vesperon without Twilgiht torment. After that, dont take any more portals until vesperon dies.

Of course, if your healing can handle the constant TT dmg and still relatively high MT dmg, you can skip the portal all together until all 3 drakes are dead.

Yeah, my bad I meant Shadron. It sounds wise with a 2 heal group to minimize how much twilight torment damage the raid is taking. Thanks for the info.
Vioarr
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:21 am

k there was an interesting discussion about a shadow portal and where to place consecrate for add tanking...anyone see where that went?
Frickit

Postby Huon » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:46 pm

Killed tonight again,

Prot pally on adds, DK on Sarth, warrior on Drakes.
2x hunter
1x enh shaman
1x rogue
1x elemental shaman (offheal as long as Torment is up)

priest/shaman healer.

1. Burn tenebron
2. AoE adds (rogue saves AR for AoEing)while drake tank moves around the platform ready to pickup 3rd drake.
3. Burn Shadron. As soon as torment is up, pally add tank keeps JoLight on shadron, elemental shaman chainheal, DPS watch their health and never drop under 50%.
4. When shadron dies, the pally add tank taunts Vesperon, freeing a tank to go in twilight to kill only the acolyte of vesperon, then take the portal back up.
5. burn vesperon as much as you can till torment comes back up.
6. Gauge your need to go down in twilight again or DPS through torment. (enough heals?low mana for healers? low vesperon hp? etc) We got vesperon down to less than 40% so we dps'ed through torment untill he died.
7. Go down the twilight and kill one add at the time.
8. Profit.

Our Full caster strat is the same, minus the fact that we kill all 3 drakes before even touch the portal.

Some points to notice:
- Drake tank damage will be HUGE during the time that he has Shadron, vesperon AND torment up. Use CDs on him during that time. Sacrifice, Shield wall, guardian spirit, etc)
- DPS needs to be on par to make it easy, Tenebron must die a few seconds after shadron lands.
- Losing any of the 10 members before shadron dies will most likely result in a fail attempt.
- Make sure your DK Main tank knows how to cycle his cooldowns properly, with a good group, he won't go through more than 2 breaths that could 1 shot him.

Our main wipes were caused because of:
- DPS not watching their health closely enough during twilight.
- drake tank getting hit too hard/not enough heals/bad CD rotation during shadron+vesp+TT
- Stupid dead to wall/fissure

I hope this helps a bit, Good luck!
Huon

Re: [10] Sartharion with 3 drakes

Postby frenzy20 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:54 pm

We finally got our 10 man 3D kill on Sunday after about 8 hours of attempts across fri/sat/sun and swapping a lot of dps around. We all have almost full 25 man gear. We used a Voidwalker tank on our kill shot and found it much easier than healing the dk instead.

Our group comp for the kill was:
Drake tank: Warrior
Add tank: Pally(me)
Sarth tank: Warlock(11/60/0), voidwalker at 70k fully buffed no -health aura.
Sarth tank healer: Holy Priest
Drake/add tank healer: Holy Paladin
DPS: Ele Shaman, Fire Mage, Shadow Priest, Unholy DK, Fury Warrior

Full step-by-step for anyone wanting to use the VW strat:
VW is positioned on the rocks directly to the left of the front edge of the platform, warlock and his healer stand at the corner of the platform. For the pull, I clicked off RF, threw my shield at Sarth, ran back through the lava to the VW(make sure this tank has a healer), Warlock pops Demonic Empowerment, sets VW to attack, once the VW has aggro the tank runs back to the platform and proceeds to do his job. The warlock puts Curse of Weakness on Sarth and spams health funnel the entire time(mainly for the 30% reduced damage). DPS do not touch Sarth and instead just wait for Tenebron to drop, as soon as he does the drake tank picks him up, moves for the firewall, and the DPS nuke him down. Drake tank picks up 2nd drake as it lands. When Tenebron is at about 10% we blow bloodlust to finish him off, aoe capable classes clear up whelps/fire adds then move on to Shadron, single target dps go straight to Shadron. Drake tank picks up Vesperon, I blow sac on the drake tank, help heal where needed if there aren't many adds, MT healer uses cooldowns as needed, Warlock commands VW to stop attacking to avoid TT(a macro with /petpassive /petstay works)Ele shaman starts spamming chain heal as soon as TT comes up. DPS kill Shadron, once Shadron is dead all dps clear up adds if needed, then go in the portal to kill the 2 acolytes; plate dps tanks, ele shaman heals. At this point dps just sit on Vesperon and go in portals, I think there were only 1 or 2 more after the first. Vesperon dies, dps go to Sarth, ele shaman continues to heal on the MT if other healers are low on mana(ours were), both the add tank and drake tank just pick up adds. While on Sarth dps may need to blow aggro reducing cooldowns to avoid aggro on Sarth, in our case the drake tank was assigned to pick up Sarth if he gets loose or the VW dies.

The only problem with the voidwalker strat we found was that how well it works varies a lot depending on where the fire walls come from. If they are all the same it makes it very easy because the warlock never has to move and can just spam health funnel. Note that the voidwalker still takes a lot of damage during the big breath phase so it's healer should focus solely on himself, the VW, and the warlock. If you're wondering if the Sarth positioning is right, for us she was almost completely in the lava.
Nagu - Shattered Hand(US) - Main
Xiin - Shattered Hand(US) - Old Main
frenzy20

Postby Huon » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:45 am

I made this Getto video of one of our Sarth10 3D kills. POV of me, on adds. Be sure to watch it in HD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwMHb6BMIfU

You can see how things go down, in case some of you are wondering 8)
Huon

Postby ruodhaid » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:44 am

Finaly got him yesterday after 4 evenings of trys

First evening we tryed whit 2 tanks 2 healers 6 dps, at best we killed 1.4 drake, main problem Whelps, i wasent skilled enof to maintain aggro on the drakes, and then alsow gather elementals and whelps.

secund evening 3 tanks 3 healers 4 dps problem low dps, often just killed first drake as 3rd drake lands, and main tank taking to meny big breaths

Third evening 2 tanks + voidtank 3 healers 4 dps still same issue, dps sucked we simply missed out buffs as the raid had 5 paladins in it, sure paladins are great buffers, but 5 just brings to mucth of the same buffs

four´t evening 2 tanks + void 2 healers 5 dps

Warrior on drakes
Paladin me on adds
void on sarth
druid healer on void
druid healer on rest of the raid
pop hero after first wave just when the first drake has landed
go all out on drakes untill drake number 3 lands
When 3rd drake lands 1 elemental shaman stops dpsing, and starts healing the void
dps´ers slows down, so thay dont kill them selvs
when drake number 2 dis, half the raids goes into the portal to kill stuff, ret tanking, and the elemental shaman healing the ret
Kill last drake
Let the warrior taunt sarth
raid goes portal
loot.

Setup

Elemental shaman x 2, yey for heroism on all trys
Ret paldin x 2, dont use seal of marthyr when 3rd drake lands
shadow priest fortitude and pew
Warrior tank
Palatank, in block gear i had 2k block rating and only 26.000 hp after debuff, but worked better as i didet need help to kill any adds
Warlock whit improved curse of weekness, and alot of demon talents, using his 74k hp void to tank sarth
2 x resto druids as healing

In the try were we killed him, we used 2 x loh and 1 x sacrifice on the void, as its taking huge dmg

So now i just need 6 mins malygos and i have my drake :)
ruodhaid

Postby Kaory » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:25 am

3 days of trying. Did it with these setup:
DK on Sarth
Feral on Drakes
Protpally (me) on elem+whelps
Disc on Sarth tank
Restodruid on other two tanks
Restoshammy on raid
Mages x 2
Warlock
ShPriest

We didnt have bloodlust each try, so there was a second wave of whelps from time to time. But that wasn't a problem. Killed him without BL. Portal after all Drakes was dead.
Kaory

Postby mosa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:12 am

Just got it down, yaye huge accomplishment for my guild 6/10 of us popped glory of the raider imediatly...

me on drakes/adds
dk on sarth

2x elemental shammies
1x warlock
1x rogue (very nice for tricks and fok on enraged adds)
1x boomkin
1x frost dk, howling blast was great for passive dps on the adds, as well as melee buffs, and helped bring any lose adds into my cons

1x paly healer on me and raid heals
1x disc priest on dk sarth tank

Adding in the dk for passive add dmg was great, as well as having the shammies work chain lighting into their rotation... what a feelign of accomplishment having it down, plus 310% movement drake with crusader aura = hotness
mosa

Postby Strom » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:29 am

Found this last night:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=47481.0

Thinking about giving it a shot due to us having some really good DPS. Although I worry this may be seen as an exploint? The guild in the thread claims it had GM approval, but we all know how informed GMs can be. I suspect this will be changed soon to make it impossible (like drakes enraging at 50% Sarth health).
Strom

Postby Zibey » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:37 am

Afaik its not exploit. Guys just reached high enough gear level, where they can brute force the encounter.

Tho well... We are still working on the encounter - managed to get group of dps that can kill tenebron before 2nd hatch only 4 of them, so from next try we bring 3rd healer (so our ele shaman doesnt have to pretend he can heal :P).
Would love Paladin, but we will probably end up with restro druid :(.
Recruiting decent EU alliance holy paladins for casual and friendly guild who likes the challenge if you know any ;).
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

[10] Sarth +3 post 3.1 patch

Postby Ocin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:09 am

Last edited by Ocin on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ocin

Re: [10] Sarth +3 post 3.1 patch

Postby Avengeance » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:17 am

Was it ever not viable? I always used war or pala in 10+3 to MT...
I doubt anything is gonna change majorly in 3.1
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Re: [10] Sarth +3 post 3.1 patch

Postby Belloc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:51 am

Ocin wrote:Will MTing Sarth in [10] Sarth +3 as a pally or warrior be more viable after the 3.1 patch, or is the easy route still going to be to have a DK or druid do the job? We don't have a druid everytime, but we have a DK that is around most of the time.

Consider that druids are getting a health nerf and that DKs might be getting some nerfs as well (I don't really pay attention, I just see them crying).

Paladins and Warriors have always been viable, but they require a certain level of gear, raid composition, and skill (DPS).

And you can't really ignore the gear upgrades. Anyone thinking that they'll be trying Sarth3D without Ulduar gear after 3.1 is fooling themselves.
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon