Remove Advertisements

[10] Anub'rekhan/razuv and patchwerk questions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Anub'rekhan/razuv and patchwerk questions

Postby Conaan! » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:51 am

so i took 6 guildies and 4 pugs in for a trial run of naxx for 2 nights, the first night we took out anub/razuv/noth/grand widow and second night we got maexxna/gothik

the question i have though, for anub'rekhan i kept getting hit by locust swarm, is my reaction time to slow? kiting wrong? any tips on getting him to follow the path correctly?

for razuv, it took 6 tries to get him down, me and the OT were having a little bit of trouble with staggering (0 experience doing it correctly at lvl 60, and no strats except for use MC) our CD's, we finnally came up with i go in first, shield wall/taunt keep spamming the strike thing after 15 seconds he taunts off me and does same thing, do that a few times, then right before i hit 30 seconds left on channel i wait for the rotation of him taunting off me and i release vehicle and re-acquire the vehicle and he does the same after i taunt off him

is this the way you guys found it best to do him? or am i completely missing something here

then for patchwerk, we have run 2 healers for everything so far, and ive read 3 is needed for four horseman, should we also run 3 for patch considering ours are going OOM? (closest we got was 18%)
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Chunes » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:59 am

Correct me if i'm wrong anyone, but you are supposed to get hit by Locust swarm, it's just part of the gimmic that you cant do anything to defend yourself while a huge undead beetle chases you around a moat of poison goo.

with razuv, it sounds like your strat is more or less correct. You want to have the non-tanking MC taunt off you and blow shield wall as soon as shield wall is cooled down, vice versa for you, taunt as soon as your shieldwall is off cooldown and blow it. You just have to be sure you are not going to lose MC when it's your turn to tank, hence when you are about halfway through the channel, take the first opportunity you get to drop and reapply MC. rinse/repeat.

for patch you will likely (almost guaranteed) need 3 healers. He hits like a mac truck and unless your raid is 100% decked in naxx purps, it's unlikely you'll be able to dual heal that fight. It's just too much damage at this point. Not saying it's impossible forever, it's just a good idea to take 3 in.
Chunes

Re: [10] Anub'rekhan/razuv and patchwerk questions

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:16 pm

Conaan! wrote:the question i have though, for anub'rekhan i kept getting hit by locust swarm, is my reaction time to slow? kiting wrong? any tips on getting him to follow the path correctly?

You will always get at least one stack of the debuff since you have to stand in melee range of him while tanking (duh). The trick is moving as fast as possible once you see the swarm. We used a hunter to pack me around the ring to be sure I could get away, but a run speed enchant or PoJ will work just fine once you get the hang of it. Basically put your back to the edge of the ring and face your camera toward the path where you will run, then immediately hit both mouse buttons and take off running as soon as you see the cast go off.

Conaan! wrote:for razuv, it took 6 tries to get him down, me and the OT were having a little bit of trouble with staggering (0 experience doing it correctly at lvl 60, and no strats except for use MC) our CD's, we finnally came up with i go in first, shield wall/taunt keep spamming the strike thing after 15 seconds he taunts off me and does same thing, do that a few times, then right before i hit 30 seconds left on channel i wait for the rotation of him taunting off me and i release vehicle and re-acquire the vehicle and he does the same after i taunt off him

is this the way you guys found it best to do him? or am i completely missing something here

yeah that's what you have to do. just make sure you are shield walling before you taunt :)

Conaan! wrote:then for patchwerk, we have run 2 healers for everything so far, and ive read 3 is needed for four horseman, should we also run 3 for patch considering ours are going OOM? (closest we got was 18%)

It's rough with 2 healers at progression gear levels. The first thing I would do is make sure your best geared tank is on hateful duty rather than MTing; put your best healer on the OT and if you still can't keep both tanks up then grab another healer.
baleogthefierce

Postby Colin » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:19 pm

At least in the old version, he has a Tail Lift and a spell trigger. You can see the Tail List emote yourself, a mod can pick up the spell trigger. When you see either, START RUNNING. Use Swiftness Pots, Rocket Boots, whatever, just don't get hit. A hunter with the aspect also helps.
Why do I care? I'm a goat!
Colin

Postby Daida » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:21 am

We tried Anub Rekhan yesterday and it was really frustrating.

We had no hunter and no warrior, i got hit by the locust swarm every time, up to 10 stacks. Next time i'm going to use Swiftness Potions but this will only work once. I have no clue how i could do better next time, i always use my mouse to turn but i'm too slow.

When i'm standing in the red dot-spot i have to run along the blue line to the orange dot?

Tail Lift and a spell trigger

I'm using Big Wigs, is the "Tail Lift"-emote before the addon-warning? This could buy me the half second i am too slow.
Daida

Postby Rehlachs- » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:41 am

Daida wrote:I'm using Big Wigs, is the "Tail Lift"-emote before the addon-warning? This could buy me the half second i am too slow.

it's an animation thingy. Anub stands there and sticks his butt into the air while casting.

if you react very fast you can get out of his range without getting any dots (thought, I'm specced for 15% increased run speed.. should be possible without, too.).
Swiftness Potions sound good, but you will have only one potion per fight, and and for the first few kills you shouldn't be fast enough to avoid the second Locust Swarm. so, at least 1 swarm will get you, if you aren't able to react quickly enough :p

A hunter with aspect caused Anub taking a short cuts for us. if you use the aspect for your own raid, be sure to keep an eye on Anub, so he doesn't cut corners through the inner circles.

You will always get at least one stack of the debuff since you have to stand in melee range of him while tanking (duh). The trick is moving as fast as possible once you see the swarm.

Correct me if i'm wrong anyone, but you are supposed to get hit by Locust swarm, it's just part of the gimmic that you cant do anything to defend yourself while a huge undead beetle chases you around a moat of poison goo.

at I managed to avoid the swarm completely on non-heroic. I was kind of drunk at our heroic first kill, since it was kind of a surprise raid at 10pm. so, I had the reaction time of a dead cat, but at least I was was able to outrun him with 1 or two 2 stacks. I'm pretty sure you are able to avoid it with proper tanks and an aspect on heroic, too.
Rehlachs-

Postby Promdates » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:46 am

Daida wrote:We tried Anub Rekhan yesterday and it was really frustrating.

We had no hunter and no warrior, i got hit by the locust swarm every time, up to 10 stacks. Next time i'm going to use Swiftness Potions but this will only work once. I have no clue how i could do better next time, i always use my mouse to turn but i'm too slow.

When i'm standing in the red dot-spot i have to run along the blue line to the orange dot?

If it helps any, run on the outside of the slime. There's the inner big circle and the little path on the outside next to the wall. Hug that wall and run as fast as you can. We always have a hunter doing it for our tanks (usually me, letting our bear go cat), he stands back about 10-15 yards, pops pack and hauls butt to the other side. Run the outside path between the far outside wall and the green slime. This gets your further away from the boss (slightly more, since he can't walk the slime he has to stay on the inner platform).

And like someone said earlier, just stand next to that spot at the wall. Turn your camera facing to the "runway" and tank him. When you see his cast bar pop up, spin around with the mouse and zoom zoom. Sometimes I'll still get swarmed while running, sometimes not. Really depends. Highest I got last night was 6 stacks (stupid hunter disconnected), lowest was none.
Promdates

Postby Chunes » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:15 am

did him again last night on 10man, best i managed was 1 stack of swarm on me. Worst i did was 6. Took us 3 kite phases to kill him.

On the kite where i took 6 swarms, he either swarmed early or i was not paying attention (probably the latter), nevertheless, he's still a cakewalk fight for our group as our heals are pretty solid.
Chunes

Postby Splug » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:44 am

The damage from Locust Swarm wasn't changed from lv 60, but tanks have 3-4x the health pool. It is now reasonable to just ride out locust swarm and heal through it, at least on naxx-25. 10k damage per pulse is reasonable to heal through with ~6-8 healers in the raid.

As an aside, anti-magic shell prevents the debuff from stacking while it's active. You can't pop it once you have the debuff, but hitting it right before he finishes the cast allows you to ignore the first two ticks of the debuff, and continue to attack. Then it's just a matter of popping icebound fortitude before shell ends and riding out a DoT that never ticks for more than 4k. At that point, letting the healers just sit there and heal instead of having to move to follow the tank is a bigger contribution than avoiding the locust damage altogether.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby OntetheProt » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:58 am

Splug wrote:The damage from Locust Swarm wasn't changed from lv 60, but tanks have 3-4x the health pool. It is now reasonable to just ride out locust swarm and heal through it, at least on naxx-25. 10k damage per pulse is reasonable to heal through with ~6-8 healers in the raid.

-Splug

^

Last night we killed him 25 man also and never moved once.
OntetheProt

Postby Lore » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:03 am

Daida wrote:Image

You run along the outside of the slime, not the inside.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:07 am

OntetheProt wrote:
Splug wrote:The damage from Locust Swarm wasn't changed from lv 60, but tanks have 3-4x the health pool. It is now reasonable to just ride out locust swarm and heal through it, at least on naxx-25. 10k damage per pulse is reasonable to heal through with ~6-8 healers in the raid.

-Splug

^

Last night we killed him 25 man also and never moved once.

That kind of sucks actually, they should increase that damage.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby OntetheProt » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:22 am

Fridmarr wrote:
That kind of sucks actually, they should increase that damage.

I am honestly not complaining.

The whole instance is a joke compared to the old version.
OntetheProt

Postby Splug » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:30 am

"Same damage, more health" seems to be the theme of the whole instance, sadly. I've actually survived tanking Razuvious for ~10 seconds while a mind control priest was being raised last night (admittedly, through IBF + Bone shield). Frost Resistance Aura is probably the most resist we've used for Sapphiron yet. "Zerg Thane down" works wonders for horsemen, as they no longer shield wall and can be killed before the 5th mark even with server latency (and the raid survives mark 5 anyway...).

The Anub'rekhan encounter is a clear indicator of the triviality level the mechanics currently have, but the situation is more or less across the board.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Freemount » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:00 pm

When I do it, I push the boss back into the little end pockets, that way he has to walk along the edge line while I just jump over. Doing this means I am never hit by the Swarm, and if I am and it ticks up to 4+ I just use my bubbleon/bubbleoff macro to clear it.

Simple. Works. Foolproof.
Freemount

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon