[10] Patchwerk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:50 am

The name is just naming thing, i have no idea of the real name.

It's still threat based. Period :P Unless he uses a different skill in 10 and 25 men, which i doubt.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby amh » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:13 am

Hurtful <- gruul

Hateful <- patchwerk, supremus

Not the same, and Patchwerk does hateful, same as Supremus I believe? :)

Edit: wowhead has different descriptions for the two hateful´s. On patchwerk it says health, on supremus it says threat. Pretty sure both go for health
Last edited by amh on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:13 am

Which is why your melee die rather quickly if your OTs aren´t topped off.
I´ve seen melee get instagibbed while OTs still were at just a few thousand health. The poor melee weren´t even visual on omen before they died.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:30 am

That's only true in 10 men, might be that it's HP based in 10 men, i can give you that.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby amh » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:33 am

Happens in 25man too, and none of the tanks had threat-issues.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby mirkodeluxe » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:34 am

Worldie wrote:That's only true in 10 men, might be that it's HP based in 10 men, i can give you that.

It might very well be that some 25-man raids didnt have a second HStank ready and therefore he 1-shotted random melee with high health/threat.
I know we were under the impression that it was just the 2nd in threat that received the HS.

Also, Supremus HS didnt just target the number 2 in threat, it was a combo of health and threat.
mirkodeluxe

Postby amh » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:41 am

Tooltip wrote:to a threatening target with the highest health within melee range.

Combo.. Maybe that, yeah.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby mirkodeluxe » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:43 am

and sry, this is a 10-man thread..

In 10-man we 1-shotted, so I have no information to give really.
mirkodeluxe

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:55 am

Well, in last 10 men we had only one melee, the offtank, and he actually died, so i just solotanked it from 80% to 0%, so i'd say don't bring melees at all :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby amh » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:59 am

That might actually be the easiest way to do it, yeah ^^ One tank to spam-heal for a few minutes is probably easier than two.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:17 am

Don't skip the abom in the slime room on your way to Patchwerk.

He brings friends.

By the way, there should totally be achievements for killing Embalming Slimes during the fight and solo-tanking him.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:51 am

Flubber achievement?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:51 am

#2 3 4 5 on threat(in melee) are hatefull strike targets, he picks the one with the most health.

The above is the way it is, I might be mistake on the number of targets though, but it won't be more then 1-2 more or less, just try it, have your 3rd ot start building threat 5 secs late and see what happens :)
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Spite » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:56 am

idk if its been mentioned. But what I typically ask is that any melee dip in the green slime(acid maybe?) stream right b4 I pull patchwerk, that way there at about 50% health off the bat and don't take any hateful strikes, well at least in the beginning. Sometimes a heal gets off on them by accident or a chain heal from a shammy maybe, but all in all after doing this I have yet to have a melee killed.
Spite

Postby Pelendralaar » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:26 am

i posted this in a different thread but here it goes

The amount of misinformation surrounding hateful strike is amazing, even after 30+ months of original Naxx release.

There are only three viable targets for hateful strike, and these are the three people 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on his aggro list within melee range. Hateful strike will hit the highest HP person out of those 3. Additionally, hateful strike will add threat to the target it hits, which helps keep these tanks on that hateful strike list. This is the reason where if your 3 hateful tanks are low hp, he would still hateful one of them and kill them, disregarding the fact that there were melee dps with higher HP.

Typically, the threat added by getting hit by a HS is more than enough to maintain these tanks on the hateful list, however there were occasions where tanks dropped off the list due melee dps pushing more threat than what HS gave your offtanks, but that was only seen during times where you'd run the old Naxx with level 70 people.

Sinking your melee into the slime doesn't help anyone, it's just stupid and you should quit doing it.

In 10man it is only #2 on threat and in 25man it is #2 and #3 on threat and the 4th was for 40man.
Pelendralaar

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon