[10/25] 3rd boss in Spider wing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Sanka » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:16 pm

this is such an easy fight from your perspective. ignore all the nonsense about bubbling at 30%.

make a macro:
/target [character name]
/cast cleanse

use it when you get the debuff.

-pew pew til between 33-35% (we found 33% ideal with our raid set up, anything below that was too much & DoTs took her into enrage too soon).
-stop all DPS.
-wait for cocoon.
-when cocoon finishes have your raid pop heroism, trinkets, wings w/e & take her into enrage.
-if your DPS is good enough you should only have to take one more cocoon.
-make sure you have DBM / BigWigs timers up.
-pop bubble wall 2-3 seconds before the last cocoon (to be safe, timers aren't always spot on)
-profit.

edit: did this on 10 man with 28.1k raid buffed (no kings or fort we had resto shammy/druid, but i did have blood pact so keeping that in range was important), & then on 25 man with 33.4k raid buffed it was a one shot.
Last edited by Sanka on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanka

Postby Janduin » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:24 pm

If you are off-tanking, use BoSac before cocoon during enrage, or Divine Guardian, or both. Can make a big difference the tank didn't get topped off or his gear is marginal.
Janduin

Postby Equitas » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:57 pm

Maexxna hits hard in enrage but i war at 32K HP Raidbuffed when i first did her and my healers had NO problems keeping me up. We didnt even pull bloodlust at 30%.

Holy priest had his guardian spirit thing over me just in case, i dropped to about 12K HP but thats fine.

Armour is clear win here, so is a hot druid.

Make sure you have all hots up possible:

Regrowth, Rejuv, Wild Growth, 3x Lifebloom Stacks -> Druid
Renew, Prayer of Mending -> Priest
Restoschaman -> Springwellthingy hot

There youre done, if you go low for some weird reason for the first cocoon in enrage tel holy priest to put up guardian spirit on you.
If hes specced disciplin then Tell him to put up pain suppression on you.

For the second one pop bubblewall (you can pop it during the encase)

Make sure youre topped of before the encase comes in.

Also very important that you have the imp 25% armor buff from a critheal via priest or Schaman. And make sure Abolish Poison via druid is always on you.

If all else fails tell the other tank to taunt off when you die.
IF you should STILL fail, replace your healers and tell your dps not to suck hard =/
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Ilenus » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:03 pm

Precio wrote:I had 20k Unbuffed when I first zoned in. I never had any BT or Sunwell gear. But the boots off of Shade. So how did you get 29k buffed? What was ur Unbuffed HP?

*edit* Btw, we went again last nite, and 1 shotted Maexx with 2 healers. Shaman/Druid. So, not too bad as long as their gear isn't uber shitty.

Haha, if you zoned in with 20K then it sounds like its your gear that's 'uber shitty' as well. It could also be that poison clearing wasn't going up fast enough, or your DPS was not so stellar even though it seems like you took an extra one over a third healer (which is obviously much more important after the enrage). I both heal and tank, and from a healing standpoint it isn't particularly easy if your tank is taking big hits and has relatively low effective HP. Your healers being new could also have exacerbated the problem.
Ilenus

Postby kdude27 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Key to this fight is using your mitigation coold downs at the right time. If your dps is new to naxx you should expect to have to survive 2 enraged webwraps during this fight.

1. Stop DPS at 33-35%...wait for web wrap
2. DPS should go all out as soon as they come out of this wrap.
3. 20 sec from the 1st enrage wrap use your avoidance trinket (I use valor medal), this should help ur healers keep you at max health going into that wrap. Also, have another pally pcast BoSac a few secs before the 1st enraged wrap.
4. Coming out of that wrap spam ur cleanse.....then LoH if needed
5. As you approach the 2nd enraged web wrap...then use ur Shield wall....u will survive that no problem.
6. DPS should kill maxx before the next wrap

I find saving shield wall for 2nd wrap is better since you have a better chance to survive the 1st one without it rather than the 2nd.
kdude27

Postby Kneesmasher » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Long time lurker First time poster. :D

IF you had too could you "stone skin" as a dwarf when web wrapped and poisoned?
Kneesmasher

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon