Remove Advertisements

[10/25] 3rd boss in Spider wing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Mortehl » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:04 pm

Maexxna is a pure stamina/effective health fight. There's no two ways about it. If you're under geared for this fight, you're going to feel it. There's no shame in letting a bear tank this while you get more gear.

On the beta, I had about 23,000 HP and I was roflpwned by her. On live, I walked into the fight with 33,000 HP and simply laughed at her. I walled into the enrage giving the healers time to settle down and had a nightmare seed/trinket running for the final web wrap.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Maswin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:53 am

Similar to Knaughty I tanked with 29k hp w/kings and once we figured out what to do near that 30% enrage, it was fine. We halted our DPS around 35% because I kept dying with a web wrap & enrage around 30%, so we waited for the wrap and then went full pelt on DPS. I popped DP and my crab/tortoise after for some extra avoidance, but it should be fine.

That was 10man with 2 healers.
Maswin

Postby knaughty » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:51 am

Just did Naxx-25 Mex, same bear tanking her. I didn't notice him going under 80%, even during stun. 10-man he wasn't going under 90%.

2 healers in 10-man, 7 healers in 25-man.

25-man we just did out first Naxx-25. 8 people in-raid saw Naxx-10 on weekend, everyone else new.

One night = Spider clear, plaugue clear, Raz, Patch, Grob all down. 9/15 first night in zone.

Should finish it tomorrow, Sarth Sunday, try Malygos after.

In some ways it's kind of fun to zone in and zerg the place. But yo know something is a little under-tuned when you can pull 2-3 trash packs on once on your progression clear...
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Precio » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:43 pm

I had 20k Unbuffed when I first zoned in. I never had any BT or Sunwell gear. But the boots off of Shade. So how did you get 29k buffed? What was ur Unbuffed HP?

*edit* Btw, we went again last nite, and 1 shotted Maexx with 2 healers. Shaman/Druid. So, not too bad as long as their gear isn't uber shitty.
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Postby Splug » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:51 pm

A full buff ensemble generates quite a bit of health, in the vicinity of 9k. I believe I go from 27k unbuffed to 36k now.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby knaughty » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:39 pm

Precio wrote:I had 20k Unbuffed when I first zoned in. I never had any BT or Sunwell gear. But the boots off of Shade. So how did you get 29k buffed? What was ur Unbuffed HP?.

Was 22-ish?

Finished TBC with everything from Sunwell bar chest and Muru trinket. Picked up lvl 78 BoE blue cloak, ragemane flipper quest axe, engy goggle, titansteel shield and boots, daunting gloves / legs. That's apparently enough to clear Naxx-10.

Have Naxx-10 chest, Naxx-25 shoulder now, looks like that's enough to clear Naxx-25. Just broke 30k health, 26k armor (full buffs).
Splug wrote:A full buff ensemble generates quite a bit of health, in the vicinity of 9k. I believe I go from 27k unbuffed to 36k now.

-Splug

Fort, mark, Blood Pact, Feast, Kings, etc.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Panzerdin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:59 pm

I can't be arsed to read this thread, so I'll just post the answer.

All healers with any HoT or shield at all should be popping Trinkets and using them before the enraged web wrap, for which you should save Bubblewall. If you can't survive then, your gear isn't good enough. On the non-enraged wraps, healers shouldn't need to pop Trinkets.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:03 pm

Splug wrote:A full buff ensemble generates quite a bit of health, in the vicinity of 9k. I believe I go from 27k unbuffed to 36k now.

-Splug

Currently i go from 23k to 31k, so i'd agree we're talking about 8-9k HP per raidbuff (more if you got more baseline since kings scale)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby cryst » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:36 pm

Also note that you don't have to take the full blunt of the sub30% health damage if you have two tanks. Have the current tank eat the frenzied web spray with their cooldown, then have the other tank pop their cooldown and taunt right before the next frenzy. If for whatever reason she manages a third web spray, consider replacing your lowest dps.
cryst
Maintankadonor

Postby elson » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:49 am

This is for 10 man.

Tanked her earlier this week and only ran into real issues during the last 30%. Saved cool downs for it etc, but our dps was pretty low so that last 30% lasted a loooong time. I had just under 32k health fully buffed and I forget how much armor, (26kish?).

I ended up dying on a web spray and our other tank(warrior with about 1k less health than me atm) picked her up. He had to use every one of this survival cool downs as well and we barely got her down. The fight would have gone a lot smoother if our dps had been better.

Sounds like it was just a problem with semi awake healers, but having another tank with fresh cool downs available can be of great service :)
Zeal without wisdom is folly

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ll&n=Elson
elson

Postby Chanticleer » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:25 am

Holy beans this was a rough and exhilarating fight. An armor pot or two make this doable, and if you can swing it for the enrage have the +armor trinket from halls of stone to pop before the stun and have an avoidance trinket, bubblewall and LoH ready to take you the rest of the way. Our DPS was sorely lacking on this fight but even with a tank in quest and regular dungeon blues we were able to eke out a kill.
Chanticleer

Postby unboundarea52 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:50 am

Easiest way I found to do this was as follows;

Have a warrior (or another pally tank MT her)

Me (OT for this fight) was spec'd into divine guardian (I know it's strange, but when I OT this ability is bar none of the best I can get for talent points)

we try to get web spray to happen right before she enrages. This helps, but can be tough to coordinate. Point is Use bubble to reduce raid damage by 30% during the first enraged web spray. On the next one use Hand of sacrifice, cuz hey you taking 30% as the OT is nothing, but helps a ton for 12 seconds. Then they can bubble wall, LoH etc. Even a Ret pally spec'd into divine guardian could do this.

It is an intense fight, lots of OMG OMG OMG. Cooldowns are essential until we overgear it.
Unbound - Area 52
Prot Pally
unboundarea52

Postby Lousiana » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:59 am

IF damage is too high for you to take and assuming you have a holy paladin in raid or a retribution alike. let them cast at softenrage (30%?) Blessing of Sacrifice on you and eat some damage up.
Lousiana

Postby Zeels » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:32 am

How to you guys pickup the spiders with concecrate?
With a mage frostnova:ing, it's easy, but the concecrate dosen't seem to tick before the spiders are spread out all over the place. Any ideas?
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:37 am

Not even worth picking them up, they get 3shotted by the AoEs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon