Remove Advertisements

[10] Malygos phase 3

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Malygos phase 3

Postby Ewige » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 am

Fun fight and we can consistently get to phase 3, but once there we drop like flies to his abilities.

Anybody here with some advice? Wowiki/wowhead have nothing solid.
Ewige

Postby Promdates » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:03 pm

Avoid the lightning clouds. Dedicate 2-3 people on healing duty, the rest on dps. There's still an enrage timer, so you have to be careful to not hit enrage halfway through phase 3. So bring the deeps to get p1/p2 down fast. Realistically, about 3 minutes for p1, 2 min for p2.
Promdates

Postby Neganur » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:44 am

Remember the dot can stack up, like the daily quest 'Aces High'.
It's all about building like two combo points and stack the dot (duration 10s with 2 cbp).
Always save some energy to be able to shield.

The more people manage to stack the dot high, the faster he will die.
Neganur

Postby Soulcatcher » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:30 pm

Have killed this 10 man a couple of times now, thought I would offer you guys some advice.

2 dedicated healers. Here is how healers do it, you stack up five of the healing hots on yourself, or a target you are gonna focus on. YOU HAVE TO stay on that target to keep your combo points up, so it is easiest to just do it on yourself. Once you have 5 combo points up, you use the big heal. Then you cast one combo point heal, then use the big heal.

The way this works is the big heal is an aoe heal, so your entire group must remain close together, the combo points from the hot heal do not go away as long as you keep the hot up, so you refresh it once between the aoe heal casts.

The dps needs to stack up 3-4 stacks of the fireball, then use the 50 energy dot, rinse and repeat. IF you get the warning Malygos focus his gaze on you, make sure you have 2-3 combo points on the boss, wait till the beam hits you, then use the shield. The dots stack up, so you will have 15-18 stacks of the flame debuff dot towards the end of the fight, and they will be doing CRAZY dmg.

The raid needs to remain grouped, you have to move when the lightening cloud hits the group, as a group. The way we do it, is we all circle around the boss in a clockwise direction as a standard.

As long as your dps makes sure they shield when focused, makes sure they dont let their dots fall of so they dont lose the stack, and you remain in a group the boss will just die when you get 8 dps with 15 or so stacks of the flame debuff up.
Soulcatcher

Postby Pelendralaar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:45 pm

2-3 ppl healing using the AoE heal is all you need as long as you all stay together. You should not even need use your bubble should he focus on you.

And everyone needs to move together away from the static field with that strat.
Pelendralaar

Postby Soulcatcher » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:39 pm

the aoe heal will NOT keep up with the gaze if you have two healers, we found it easier to just use the shield for a more consistant kill
Soulcatcher

Postby Valsh » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:43 pm

We found the biggest reason people were dropping like flies was due to Arcane pulse, which will rape anyone that gets too close to his hitbox and is for the most part too much damage to heal. Just make sure the raid is grouped up and a safe distance away from him both for dpsing and moving from lightning clouds.
Valsh

Postby Charie » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:16 am

My raid fails at grouping up during phase 3. We used the free for all method in 25/10 man everyone is on there own. Biggest thing is not to sit in sparks and don't get to close to him.
Charie

Postby Janduin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:35 am

Do you need combo points to shield? I didn't think so, but the last few times I've had to do it I had plenty of energy (~85) but the shield would not trigger, despite not being greyed out. Others in my raid have similar problems. I have yet to die from missing a shield because our healers are leet, but it's certainly not ideal.
Janduin

Postby PsiVen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:39 am

Yes you do need combo points to shield, it's a finisher.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Ewige » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:43 am

I think there may be a bug with the shield. I made sure I had 100 energy and any amount of combo points and the shield would not activate and my points would not be used. Neither clicking nor key-pressing worked to activate the shiled (the icon is lit and not grayed out). Similar thing happened to other raiders who had no problem with this before.

This was happening all night in our 25s attempt. Pretty frustrating.
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:26 am

Ewige wrote:I think there may be a bug with the shield. I made sure I had 100 energy and any amount of combo points and the shield would not activate and my points would not be used. Neither clicking nor key-pressing worked to activate the shiled (the icon is lit and not grayed out). Similar thing happened to other raiders who had no problem with this before.

This was happening all night in our 25s attempt. Pretty frustrating.

This happens if you have Malygos targeted before mounting the drake. The way the vehicle system works it that it does not acquire your current target unless you select that target while in the vehicle. So even though you may be able to attack Malygos, your drake doesn't realize it.

To fix it, do not target Malygos until after you are on your drake. Alternatively, deselecting and reselecting Malygos may fix it.
Belloc

Postby Ewige » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:57 am

Ah, many thanks! I'll pass this on.
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby Subject » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:04 pm

What worked for us last night was a 10man stack up and we'd move as a group. DPS would do a 1 1 1 2 rotation and will only recast 2 if they had like 85 energy. Healers would do 3 3 3 3 3 (sometimes only 4 times) and then 4, players were in charge of their own shield and we'd try to have them save energy for an emergency however with the aoe healing we were fine, ended up with like 1 or so mins til enrage and only had 1 drake die combo of static field and being focused.
Subject - Female Blood Elf Paladin of Tortheldrin
Subject - Male Human Paladin of Arthas (Sold Pre-2.4)
Subject

Postby Heni » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:34 am

We found the absolute best way to down him in phase 3 is just a few main things.

First as stated above stay at max range. Closer in you die.

To beat the enrage cast a couple of the dot (button 1) then hit 2. The key here is to keep your large dmg debuff on him and keep it stacking. When we do it we get near 20 stacks for the main people whom understand it well.

Also after reading many strats, we decided on everyone spreading out and doing a Every Man for Himself approach. We spread 360 around him at max range and dps him throw a couple hots on ourselves and continue on him. Doing this means only one person gets the lightning field at a time. If a few people die the rest with carry you to victory. Shield when needed then stack 5 of the Hot on yourself and back to dps. We never cast the aoe heal in the whole fight and use all 10 to dps. It is just so much easier and instead of relying on all 10 to do their job, if one messes up you can still do it.

Also if you just wipe right off the bat in phase 3, we started by doing nothing but 3334 3334 3334 and healed the raid to just get the jist of movement and such. Also the daily nearby helps some as well.
Heni

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon