Remove Advertisements

[25] Patchwerk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby tinalt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:20 am

Sanka wrote:
enbee wrote:So you had no melee?
And were really lucky?

swapped all melee out because we were struggling on DPS.
& my healers are pro.

& to one of the above posters, i didn't have a huge avoidance streak, as i said, i either avoided or mitigated all but one of the HS, mitigation including Block ofc, it's not overly hard with Holy Shield & Redoubt procs.

so what you're saying is, your healers healed you through it. i don't care how high your BV is, when he does a 25k HS your still hurting afterwards.

on another note, either I suck at tanking this guy or my healers suck. We've tried me MTing him and me taking HS but for some reason I just can't survive longer then 20-25%
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Xanadiel » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:12 am

Posting after a series of wipes (around probably 8-10 wipes).

First of all, we're using roughly 2-3 offtanks because our healers suck at keeping even 2 offtanks up (and we're using 3+ bacons for God's sake). We took 3 paladin healers, 1 priest, 1 shaman, 1 druid.

One of the major problems is obviously that the healers aren't keeping up. Absolutely no staggering, but instead, reactive healing based on damage intake. Still, I can't blame everything entirely on the healers. Our tanks are taking ~27k hits and ~25k blocks (of course I'm blocking every swing because I'm block-capped).

Another issue is that I'm constantly out-threating the warrior MT even with Vigilance and Hand of Salv on me (4 paladins). I don't want to stop my rotation short because I can put out a good 2.5k dps on this fight.

We attempted several situations:

A. Warrior MT with me as sole offtank with an extra offtank to clean up healer's messes.

Warrior MT with 3 separate offtanks (myself, druid...not genning threat, warrior)

Myself as MT with 3 separate offtanks (warrior, old MT warrior...not genning threat, druid...not genning threat)

The complaints were that in situation A&B: Healers couldn't keep up with offtanks.
In situation C: I was taking too much damage (supposedly) and melee were dying because the offtanks weren't generating enough threat.
Xanadiel

Postby culhag » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:34 pm

Xanadiel wrote:Another issue is that I'm constantly out-threating the warrior MT even with Vigilance and Hand of Salv on me (4 paladins). I don't want to stop my rotation short because I can put out a good 2.5k dps on this fight.
You're using Judgement of Light, aren't you ? If so, have someone else put it and judge with wisdom or justice.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Xanadiel » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:44 pm

Culhag wrote:
Xanadiel wrote:Another issue is that I'm constantly out-threating the warrior MT even with Vigilance and Hand of Salv on me (4 paladins). I don't want to stop my rotation short because I can put out a good 2.5k dps on this fight.
You're using Judgement of Light, aren't you ? If so, have someone else put it and judge with wisdom or justice.

Actually, no. I only use Light when I'm MTing and we have someone else that can judge wisdom.
Xanadiel

Postby Nalyn » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:20 am

We got him down for the first time last night, and we had a heck of a time with it, didnt help that we were basically 23 manning it, but we had a hard time getting our healers sorted out, 3 of 6 healers being druids didn't really help, hots, even stacked, just don't work on this fight, the damage is just too big, and too spikey. We finally had the warlock log on his priest roommate, and after 2 more attempts got him down pretty easy, the healing setup ended up being shaman/priest, with beacon on OT1, priest/pally on OT2, druid/druid on me, the MT, and the last druid just keeping hots rolling on all 3 tanks.
Nalyn

Postby Frickit » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:58 am

update, we got a little more gear and we beat him. We were just on the edge the last time.
Last edited by Frickit on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Frickit

Postby Frickit » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:01 am

Culhag wrote:

Using JoL causes more threat than I want and makes it harder for me to do damage with Righteous Fury on, it also heals the melee up which you do not want to do. I stick with SoL and JoW for PW.
Frickit

Postby mirkodeluxe » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:14 am

Pally MT+Druid HStank=win.
If you keep a 3rd tank 3rd on aggro that saves some melee dps when the HStank occasionally dips below the Melee's health.

I dont have numbers to back it up, but with a pala MT and a druid OT I just went in as 3rd on aggro with full health buffs(though lower max health than the druid) and ended up taking 4-5 Hatefuls and probably saving some dps.
mirkodeluxe

Postby Rachmaninoff » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:56 pm

anyone know if imp JoJ works on PW and if it slows his attacks??
Rachmaninoff

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:59 pm

Rachmaninoff wrote:anyone know if imp JoJ works on PW and if it slows his attacks??

Judgements of the Just works on pretty much everything and yes it slows his attacks, assuming that is what you mean by "Imp JoJ".
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:03 pm

Frickit wrote:
Culhag wrote:

Using JoL causes more threat than I want and makes it harder for me to do damage with Righteous Fury on, it also heals the melee up which you do not want to do. I stick with SoL and JoW for PW.

JoL threat on this fight should be pretty minimal, considering very few people are taking any damage at all.

His hateful strikes gives the target a threat boost, because this used to be tanked by warrior OTs who had threat issues in vanilla wow. It's probably not needed now, but it's still there as far as I know. He also attacks everyone pretty fast so you are might be getting a little extra Holy Shield threat. You'll probably just have to hold back.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:07 pm

Some raid groups have anyone in melee dive into the slime before the fight to increase the hateful strike threshold on the tanks. Doing this would give a decent amount of raid healing to judgement of light on melee-heavy raids.

(Also our troll mages would jump in the slime back in the day to get more out of berserking...)

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Re: [25] Patchwerk

Postby Phoulmouth » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:32 pm

kram wrote:Have any of you downed this yet? We cant seem to get healing down yet.

I tanked this in our first 25 man naxx run.

You need 3 tanks all stacked on one another.

Each OT should get 2 dedicated healers. MT should get one. The remainder should AoE heal. Healers must preheal as much as possible because this guy is gonna put down some serious hurting.

All three tanks need to get on patchworks aggro table before patchwork reaches the MT or the MT is going to take the initial burst and the hurtful strike, this will equate to any MT getting one shotted.

Besides that both OTs should use any damage reduction cooldowns they may have upon the pull. Hurtful strikes hit on plate for as high as 26k. The MT should be good to go until patchwork hits hie mini enrage times at which point you wanna blow CDs.

This fight is all about the tanks making wise use of all of there abilities and avoiding/mitigating everything they possibly can. Yeah sure, the healers are an important part as well but cmon, this is a tanking forum! ;)

We had 6 healers, 3 tanks then all DPS and 4/6 of our healers were OOM when patchwork hit 5% on our kill.
Perky - Muradin
Unorthodox
Protection
Retribution

A real pally doesn't heal!
Phoulmouth

Postby ahpy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:56 am

mirkodeluxe wrote:Pally MT+Druid HStank=win.
If you keep a 3rd tank 3rd on aggro that saves some melee dps when the HStank occasionally dips below the Melee's health.

This is so true, pally MT is so much fun and crazy DPS, though my best is only 3050 in 25 man and about 2250 in 10 man.

Having your own raid boss as an OT for the hatefuls (druid with 54k hp is OP). Our 3rd tank rarely gets hit.
ahpy

Postby Adanel » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:21 am

Long time reader but never made my account.

Here's my 3.8k WWS:
http://wowwebstats.com/6usxh6t6nllkm?s=535027-570128
No multiplicative dmg bug.
Gear with ~1800 SBV unbuffed, crit immune.
Pants/Shoulders/Rings enchanted/gemmed for dmg, other gear not.
4k DTPS, not a mana spong to healers although i took 30% less dmg in our first kill.

I'm still missing Naxx SBV bracers and boots but i'll shoot for 4k+ if patch doesn't come next tuesday.
Adanel

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon