Remove Advertisements

[25] Patchwerk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Promdates » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:06 pm

Hrm, I'll look into it. It shows the exact same thing that people saw on Recount, and that's taken directly from the /combatlog parse. I'll scan through it and see what I might find.

e: It might be an error in the program I used to parse it, the file is only 150mb, so it takes a while to load. I'll upload it to WWS and see if it matches their output.

e2: Nope, shows up as the same stuff at wws even shows up for the first attempt too. Checking with WoW meter online.
Promdates

Postby Eender » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:05 am

If it IS accurate then, please by all means, clue your fellow prot paladins how in the hell you got such huge #s so that they can be replicated. I for one would love to one shot people pvping as prot LOL!

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby kartera » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:35 am

we did patchwork last week with 6healers and 2 hatefull tanks and a t6 mt -.- . me with ~35k buffed and our second hatefull tank with around 34k hp. 2 healers per hatefulltank with 2 paladins on each an bol on both helps a lot. 1 healer on the mt and a druid who hots em all. big problem was the mana running low(gear probs) at the end but loh from me and 2 retris where enough to keep the healers up. I must admit Patchwork is the only "hard" encounter in 25er naxx and only because of the gearcheck. all other bosses are pretty easy. Even Kel .. took us only 2 tries to kill him. Pretty sad >:
vote for faster id reset !
kartera

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:06 am

Eender wrote:If it IS accurate then, please by all means, clue your fellow prot paladins how in the hell you got such huge #s so that they can be replicated. I for one would love to one shot people pvping as prot LOL!

It's nothing that impressive, with just a bit of naxx gear you start running with 1600-1700 bv pre any buff and over 3k AP.
ShoR hits for very high amounts (over 9k obviously), and pretty much like Brutallus, he eats through holy shield very quick.

p.s. that wws from prom probably has some numbers from Thaddius in the middle.

p.p.s. the green slime idea is 150% awesome, i'll suggest that.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Promdates » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:40 am

Worldie wrote:p.s. that wws from prom probably has some numbers from Thaddius in the middle.

Sadly no. Check the log on the WWS link and scroll through the combat log. It clearly shows "Promdates hit Patchwerk for 20k critical" (verbatim). I made mention of it to some people on EJ, and they too noticed a few odd things going on in Naxx. Someone said that they were getting 100-200k Shield slams, Falk had a 104k lacerate (or maul, forgot which).

These were both through 10 and 25 man. Thaddius, my SoR is hitting probably around 14-15k on crits and about 9-10k on regular (I assume, need to check the log from last night).

I logged last night's Naxx clear, and there was nothing "buggy" about any of the fights. So either there was some weird buff/debuff combination causing 9 seconds of pure paladin joy, or blizzard messed up some weird coding in there causing it to bug for a moment.

[e]:
Xavastrasz wrote:The damage is actually happening. No idea what is causing it or why. Periodically people are gaining huge, huge damage multipliers - and it's not just display bugs. It happened to me on a trash pull in Sarth25 last week - a short while into the 4-pull I shot to #1 on the damage meter and threat meters and pulled off all of the other tanks, because my TC's shield slams damage shield etc started hitting for tens/hundreds of thousands of damage. I noticed because my threat meter had the mob I was targetting go from like 100k threat to 500k+ and upwards before I killed the mobs shortly after.

Next pull it was back to normal.

Promdates - Statistics Wow Armory

"Highest Hit Dealt: 155,772" "Highest Heal Cast: 161,865"
Promdates

Postby Chunes » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:12 am

@ prom,

are those statistics perhaps counting the wierd bombing runs where you do like 100k+ damage to the stuff you are bombing?
Chunes

Postby Splug » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:44 am

Something is seriously demented with this encounter. Our feral druid mauled him for 217k (crit), 100k non-crit. The bug only lasted a few seconds, and he said the massive numbers never displayed on his screen, but in the span of about 3 seconds he shot from being a safe distance behind our paladin MT to ~4x everyone else's threat. All our parsing tools picked up the druid scoring the same huge hits, and Patchwerk certainly switched targets and threw our whole tanking chain off.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I remember that room being just generally odd on beta. I randomly would gain acclimation: shadow stacked to three while out of combat waiting for Patchwerk to patrol closer to us. I have no idea what caused it, since we weren't even fighting at the time; I just started gaining resistance buffs.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:58 pm

Yeh we had 3 tanks on Patchy though
Lightbeard

Postby Markoh » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:13 pm

Did him last night with three tanks. I was the mt, we had a tauren war as the first hateful and an undead war as the 2nd hateful. I was probably the least geared, but not by much.

http://wowwebstats.com/4moapiixxx6uu?s=35177-74976

There is the link to the patchwerk if it helps anyone. I found it kind of interesting just looking at my damage intake. In particular the fact that I blocked almost 1/4 million damage. I'm still 10% away from block cap so I took some unmitigated hits.

The fight was a one shot to us so I can't really give any insight into where you could be going wrong.
Markoh

Postby knaughty » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Here's our progression Patchwerk-25

3 tanks - me, prot warrior, bear. Bear has best gear, then me, then prot warrior (I have about 2k more health - 30.2k buffed to his 28k) Bear is closing ini on 40k :roll:

I MT'd - even against Patchwerk, block is giving me 12.6% mitigation. BEar/prot soaked, bear took vast majority of hateful damage 78 hits vs 28. Second prot warrior was there, but took 1 or 2 hatefuls only. You don't need 3 hateful tanks.

Primary hateful tank is the one that needs the big heals. Bear is OP for this role. EH wins.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby mirkodeluxe » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:31 am

Did this yesterday.
First we tried with tankadin MT and warrior HStank, but the warrior kept getting gibbed. We then switched to warrior MT and tankadin HStank, but again the warrior got gibbed.. Might be that he took more unmitigated hits, or it might have been confusion among the healers as to what tank was doing what.
Anyway, we eventually settled with this setup and it worked right away:

MT - Prot pala (not me, my brother)
HS tank - Feral Druid

Again, like said many times before, moderate healing needed on the MT and spamheals on the HStank.
It seemed to help immensely if the Meleedps jumped into the slime and stayed low on hitpoints - this means no JoL.

Get the healing sorted - win.
mirkodeluxe

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:50 am

Again, melee HP matter nothing for HS. Only the 2nd and 3rd in aggro list get hurtfuls.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby mirkodeluxe » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:22 am

Worldie wrote:Again, melee HP matter nothing for HS. Only the 2nd and 3rd in aggro list get hurtfuls.

hm.. Wowwiki tells another tale.
Wowwiki recommends that melee dps step into the slime to avoid Hateful strikes and this conflicts with the statement that only threat matters.
Also, there is nothing there about the one 3rd on aggro receiving HSs.

Im not saying I dont believe you, Im just saying it's kinda confusing.
mirkodeluxe

Postby leira_ » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:29 am

did it with 1 tank / 1 offtank

iirc 2 healers on mt (druid/shaman) 4 on ot (paladin/paladin/priest/shaman)
we found it to be really easy once we chose to use only fast heals on ot (fol, lhw)
leira_

Postby Mex » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Mrmm, the exact mechanics of this fight seem to be slightly confusing.

Hatefuls I'm fairly sure are based on the highest health target in melee range, provided that that target is also relatively high on threat.

As far as I know, with the old patchwork, the first target to enter melee range became the MT for the rest of the fight (barring mages pulling agro rolling ignites). I assumed that this behaviour was the same for new Patchwork, but several times I've allowed the MT to enter melee range, followed just after, and at some point during the fight become the "MT" as the old MT started taking hatefuls. I'm assuming that this is an agro thing, since my TPS is very high on that fight. Anyone have any idea on the precise mechanics of MT / OT here?
Mex

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon