Remove Advertisements

[25] Patchwerk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Torakka » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:00 pm

After few wipes we killed PW using warrior MT with me and DK eating Hateful Strikes. I have about 26k AC with raidbuffs and HS was hitting for about 25k after block (~1.3k BV raidbuffed + libram proc). DK supposedly was able to either keep near 100% avoidance or just quite heavy damage reduction up most of the time chaining his different CDs and I took one armor potion just before pull (timer keeps running if used out of combat) and next one when first pot was expiring, reducing HS damage to around 22k post-block for the first four minutes of fight. Last minute went with blind trust for healers and bubblewall. I don't think it really did matter if it was me or warrior maintanking him, but DKs CDs made him definitely very nice OT there.

Oh and on a bit unrelated note: having ShoR crits for 16k+ while MTing Thaddius is nice!
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... /ezarioth/ -retired, maybe this time for real...
Torakka

Postby kram » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:23 pm

Had no problem doing it with 7 healers after switching to 3 tanks.
kram

Postby Eender » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:37 pm

I MT this fight with a Prot Warrior and Feral Druid OTing. ATM we are OP MTing this (Warriors would work very well also) and DKs and Druids are much better for soaking. One of our last parses for him is located here. Team Ice generally does well with these types of fights and a couple things we do that you might use:

We only use 5 healers. There is no need for any more. We happen to usually have 1 paladin at least one priest, druid, and shaman. The last healer's class doesn't matter but a paladin would be your best bet. To be honest as long as you have one paladin none of the other healers' classes matter that much as Beacon is stupid OP for this fight.

Tanking this guy is stupid easy. I have yet to even use an armor potion for him as I don't have an herbalist lvl'd yet and mats are stupid priced on our server atm. Just follow your rotation and count on your healers.

I haven't done this yet but as I was going back through our fights I was looking @ ways to improve and popping AW on the start of this fight is the way to go. Your Forbearance will be off by enrage (at least at this stage and gear level). Even though I haven't done this yet and I have yet to do a perfect job tanking him (meaning rotation-wise) I can still break 2500 DPS. I think 3k isn't that far off and doable.

Can't think of much more as this is a simple tank n spank DPS zerg. So far no one can touch paladin threat tho from what I can tell. We don't have a tanking DK yet tho, so that might change.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Claydon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:09 am

We did this with a DK tanking him and a bear and warrior taking the hateful strikes.

we had the shamans continually casting chain heal on the tanks

1 paladin on each of the tanks casting HL as much as possible.

we made sure that shamans and paladins were in the same group for mana tide

and druids threw there inervates on the priests that were healing.

this seemed to work pretty well and I (holy pala) didnt seem to have many mana problem while casting a lot of HL's
Claydon

Postby Morganim » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:43 am

We used the same set up of healers we where running the rest of the place with purely because of our lack of 80 numbers, 8 healers is a lot but beats 24 manning the place.

paladin + druid on MT
pally + priest + shaman on the 2 hatefull tanks
Morganim

Postby towelliee » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:19 am

We used 4 healers and only 2 tanks. We had the melee jump in green slime before the fight started so they start at less then half health. worked like a charm.
towelliee

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:51 am

Eender wrote:... and mats are stupid priced on our server atm...
When they're even available. Fire Leaf is MIA more often than not.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Promdates » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:46 am

Did heroic PW tonight, and it took our healers 2 pulls before they had the healing down. We tried for 3 tanks, but one of my OT' got wrecked off the bat, so we basically 2 tanked him until about 5%. When he enraged, he raped the bear and kept beating on me through bubble wall.

As a note of irony, If you have a paladin who's prot, have him tank Patchwerk. You won't regret it.

WWS for Patchwerk Notice the 1.2m damage done, almost 4k dps and #1 on damage. Sadly, 3 rogues, 2 ret paladins, dps warrior, the 2 OT's, and an Enh shaman were all gibbed by hateful strike at some point in the fight.
Promdates

Postby Amarant_Pally » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:46 am

Been using Warrior MT, me OT (slightly better geared atm...don't plan to change that either, mwahahahaha)...I get WRECKED. I think assignments are 2 healers on him, 3 on me, with 2 Trees rolling HoTs on both.

Is using 2 OT's really that much better? We tried me/DK (Unholy) taking Hatefuls one attempt and healers complained about not being able to switch fast enough. Our Fruid was slow leveling and is quite behind the curve, but finally at level 80 now.

As a funny note, I solo-tanked him to 30% (MT died pulling before healers were ready, and of course all the melee died).
Amarant_Pally

Postby Apollya » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:36 am

Morganim wrote:We used the same set up of healers we where running the rest of the place with purely because of our lack of 80 numbers, 8 healers is a lot but beats 24 manning the place.

paladin + druid on MT

Are the Druids no longer Life-bloom stacking?

As having one Druid Life-bloom stacking on all 3 Tanks with a little extra (rejuve, regrowth, nurture etc) on his main target should provide some awesome healing on all and help to make the other HS healers jobs a ton easier.
Apollya

Postby Morganim » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:24 am

Apollya wrote:
Morganim wrote:We used the same set up of healers we where running the rest of the place with purely because of our lack of 80 numbers, 8 healers is a lot but beats 24 manning the place.

paladin + druid on MT

Are the Druids no longer Life-bloom stacking?

As having one Druid Life-bloom stacking on all 3 Tanks with a little extra (rejuve, regrowth, nurture etc) on his main target should provide some awesome healing on all and help to make the other HS healers jobs a ton easier.

No idea honestly but it wasnt needed considering the 2 OT's had 3 healers each.

When we run with less healers that might change, but our dps has always been our strong point and our healers have always lacked a bit so we tend to do a lot of fightts with more healers than other guilds.
Morganim

Postby inthedrops » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:57 am

I think this is one of those fights that just takes healers a bit to get used to the damage. We took about 4 or 5 attempts before we killed him. I was in MT spot (31k health with 27k armor, block capped with 1.3k BV not including trinkets when I'd be blocking for 1.9k). We had a druid (36k health) and Warrior taking the HS.

I dipped low a lot. In fact I died for a couple of the wipes. A few hits were in the low 10k range but I took armor potions and it knocked the average range closer to the 8k to 9k mark. My main healer was a paladin but I also noticed some smaller priest heals rolling in.

At 5% when he enrages I popped the block trinket (from violet hold) that increased BV by 400 something and shield bubble. The hits were showing as 6k on my screen at that point.

I really cannot recommend the armor potions enough. They believe they make a noticeable difference with healer mana and survivability while things get figured out.

It certainly was not a cakewalk for the healers.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Promdates » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:31 am

Amarant_Pally wrote:I think assignments are 2 healers on him, 3 on me, with 2 Trees rolling HoTs on both.

One of the strats I read was to have 2 OT's and the MT. Put a shaman or disc priest on the MT (shaman for chain heal, disc for inspiration), and 3 other healers per OT. Make sure there's one paladin per OT with beacon. Spam away. I'm going to try to drill this into one of our raid leader's heads this week and hopefully we'll not have all the melee die on the next kill.
Promdates

Postby Eender » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:26 am

Promdates wrote:Did heroic PW tonight, and it took our healers 2 pulls before they had the healing down. We tried for 3 tanks, but one of my OT' got wrecked off the bat, so we basically 2 tanked him until about 5%. When he enraged, he raped the bear and kept beating on me through bubble wall.

As a note of irony, If you have a paladin who's prot, have him tank Patchwerk. You won't regret it.

WWS for Patchwerk Notice the 1.2m damage done, almost 4k dps and #1 on damage. Sadly, 3 rogues, 2 ret paladins, dps warrior, the 2 OT's, and an Enh shaman were all gibbed by hateful strike at some point in the fight.

Prom, I hate to be the one to bring this up to you but your parse is bugged all to hell. There is no way in hell you did a normal non-crit HotR for 40k, holy shield hitting for 13k, white swing for 10k, judgement for 37k, or a white crit for 21k. I have no idea what soever how your parse bugged or why. All I can tell you is that it did bug.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby inthedrops » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:37 am

Eender wrote:
Promdates wrote:Did heroic PW tonight, and it took our healers 2 pulls before they had the healing down. We tried for 3 tanks, but one of my OT' got wrecked off the bat, so we basically 2 tanked him until about 5%. When he enraged, he raped the bear and kept beating on me through bubble wall.

Prom, I hate to be the one to bring this up to you but your parse is bugged all to hell. There is no way in hell you did a normal non-crit HotR for 40k, holy shield hitting for 13k, white swing for 10k, judgement for 37k, or a white crit for 21k. I have no idea what soever how your parse bugged or why. All I can tell you is that it did bug.

I was kind of wondering that myself :) I did almost exactly 2k dps last night (as MT) and I was doing pretty well with the cooldown timing. I couldn't see how someone could be doing twice the damage but didn't feel like questioning it.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon