Remove Advertisements

[10/25]Archavon - brief overview

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Losbullitt » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:59 am

pugged Arch earlier this week after a 25 man failed to materialize with the WG raid. he enraged in the first fight and hit me (MT) for 80k (I blocked something like 1k of damage).

DPS picked up after familiarizing ourselves with the fight and downed him right as he was about to enrage.

Definately not a hard fight. just a burn fest with some tank placements.

Spikes are fun though. :D
Losbullitt

Re: [10/25]Archavon - brief overview

Postby Florisia » Tue May 12, 2009 10:54 am

I know this is an old post, but I'm going to attempt my first VoA maybe today or tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous about it. I know everyone says its easy, but that only makes me feel worse if I completely fail.

I'm mostly geared in heroic gear with some BoE epic drops from raids(I can make money fairly easily, so I've had the chance to buy a lot of good gear). I can probably get myself 26k hp pre-buff(Once I get my second dragon's eye sometime today.) I've yet to do a raid in WOTLK, but the chance of getting gear that would probably otherwise take me 80 Emblems of Heroism to get is what's driving me to do this.

I normally don't have the ability to do long raid runs because of my son(He's only 4 months old), but I'd still like to do something on raid level, so I was thinking I'd give this a crack.

Do you think someone could run VoA 10(As OT or MT) using just my selection of gear?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hyjal&n=Florisia

I'm pretty sure I know the basics of the fight. MTank gets somewher near the center of the room and squats there while tanking. Heal through needles, do taunts. MT gets grabbed for a period of time and OT needs to pick up. OT should recover boss when he charges a random enemy and return to the tank with him. Avoid the clouds when he charges(Evil DOTs). Now, it's my understanding he doesn't do the enrage thing after 5 minutes in 10 man. or does he?

I'm going to be pugging this, due to my guild not actually having anyone outside of myself and my rogue friend at level 80, and we're geared using the same idea(BoEs Raid/Emblem gear and Heroics). She can actually sustain some huge DPS, so I don't think she'll be in too much trouble, but I'm still biting nails. :/
Florisia

Postby amh » Wed May 13, 2009 3:01 am

It´s a very pugable boss now, Florisia. I don´t think you will hit the enrage-timer as long as everyone stays alive. (not that I can remember what the timer actually is)

Regarding the tank-grab, just talk to your co-tank before you pull. Explain that you should both be top 2 on threat at all times, just so he doesn´t gib a melee when he grabs the tank. Get grabbed, get thrown away, taunt him back.

The poison cloud does a nasty little +50% miss effect, so make sure to tank him away from it.

Your gear is more than fine both for Archavon and Emalon. I don´t know how it is on your server, but over here people generally expect to do (read: get boosted, cause they dont have the faintest bloody idea what to do on that fight) Emalon as well. So you should definitely prepare for that fight.

Convince the others to do Archavon first. Pugs start having RL-emergencies pretty quick after the first wipe on Emalon.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Florisia » Wed May 13, 2009 4:22 am

Thanks for the response. Wasn't sure if I'd get one, at first.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll try to pug it today, if my rogue has enough time. I managed to push myself up a few more k in HP. I finally got 400 JC and got the Monarch Crab and made 2 Solid Dragonseyes and threw those in my boots and legs. I'm probably going to get the 40 Emblem of Heroism Belt or Trinket. If I get the belt, I'll throw a third Solid Dragon's Eye in the yellow socket on it and a Solid sky sapphire in the prismatic from the belt buckle.

Anyway, Thanks again. Didn't know about the increased chance of missing in the cloud. Even more reason to move it.
Florisia

Postby amh » Thu May 14, 2009 4:28 am

Looks like you forgot to swap out your 52-dodge inscription when you swapped professions (either that or the armory is outdated).

Also, judging by the amount of BoE-stuff you got, I think you can afford to slap 40 stamina on those bracers ;)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Florisia » Thu May 14, 2009 6:23 am

Ah. Yeah. I do have a lot of BoE stuff. It's easier for me to buy gear off of AH than it is to get it the normal way. Although honestly, I probably would've prefered it the other way. Most of the gear I'm wearing, though, I managed to snag for lower prices than what our server normally has them at. (Got the Bracers of Dalaran Parapets for 1.2k when they were going for 2k, got the Inexorable Sabtons for 800 when they were going for 1.6k, got the Signet of the Accord for a small discount 1.4k when they were around 1.6k., etc)

And.. yeah. I did forget the inscription. I haven't gotten around to grinding up Hodir, and I didn't want to bother getting the other shoulder enchant. I was planning on going out and just buying a ton of the relics and doing the turn ins. I'm not overly fond of their dailies.

Still haven't done VoA yet. I need to find some people on Hyjal to buddy up with and go there.
Florisia

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon