Halp, I'm doing it wrong!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Halp, I'm doing it wrong!

Postby Arjuna » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:29 pm

Ok, I've been reading a bit here on the forums now, and been tanking all the instances up to drak'theron keep this evening. But I still find myself out of mana all the time, I try (as a true tankadin should) to tank more mobs at a time, but the healers generally complain about it...

All this at the same time that the warrior's have gotten nice aoe stuff as well...got a comment from one of our elemental shammys today, who pulled aggro on the first pack I aoe-tanked in UK: "sorry, we have gotten used to [warrior] tanking while you were gone...

I got the judgment and rf glyphs atm, and around t5/start of t6 gear...

I can't wrap my head around it :P
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:33 pm

Well the first things that come to mind...Get the Spiritual Attunement glyph, judge wisdom, use blessing of sanctuary, and pop divine plea on cooldown.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Arjuna » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Well the first things that come to mind...Get the Spiritual Attunement glyph, judge wisdom, use blessing of sanctuary, and pop divine plea on cooldown.

doing everything except the glyph, and I'm planning to switch to that tomorrow...

and now they moved down the wotlk part to the bottom, so I guess i won't get any more answers :P

oh well, general forum, here i come :)
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Veilan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:32 pm

Judging from your signature, I'd suggest speccing to protection as a first step - blessing yourself with sanctuary works like a charm against groups, and the talents there would help your threat generation as well!

Personally, I generally have more survival than threat generation problems, so I can't help you there.

For bosses, it gets tougher, thanks to the "retribution paladin nerf" (reduced wisdom judging effect) with the mana generation, that for some reason has the retribution paladin in my guild laughing, while both the holy and I are complaining about it, heh.

Keep the seal of wisdom up as suggested, invite a retri or shadow in the group... oh... and this is also great, when I have it I can usually forego judging / sealing wisdom (judging light is better for your threat generation):

Mighty Rhino Dog

You may find the stamina on it useful, too :).
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Postby tullock » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:44 pm

Its not that the warriors have better aoe threat generation, but if your dps is trigger happy, thunderclap is instant damage with a cooldown, so the instant it hits it dealt its full threat, while consecrate takes 8 seconds to deal its threat, you could try explaining to your dps to wait for 3-4 ticks of the first consecrate before opening with aoe
tullock
Maintankadonor

Return to WotLK