Which should I craft first?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Which should I craft first?

Postby madmartygan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:37 pm

I hit 80 yesterday and started building my tanking set, and given that the titansteel bars are on 20H CD I would like to know which epic pieces I should craft first (shield,armor,weapon).

And another 2 short questions: how much defense I need and if Titansteel Guardian or Titansteel Bonecrusher.
madmartygan

Re: Which should I craft first?

Postby inthedrops » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:13 am

madmartygan wrote:I hit 80 yesterday and started building my tanking set, and given that the titansteel bars are on 20H CD I would like to know which epic pieces I should craft first (shield,armor,weapon).

And another 2 short questions: how much defense I need and if Titansteel Guardian or Titansteel Bonecrusher.

It depends on your other gear. Make that which has the most immediate and/or long term value.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Re: Which should I craft first?

Postby Elsie » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:21 am

madmartygan wrote:I hit 80 yesterday and started building my tanking set, and given that the titansteel bars are on 20H CD I would like to know which epic pieces I should craft first (shield,armor,weapon).

Uther would have made the two-handed mace. He knew what was what.

But if you're more of a Fordragon, then I'd say shield. Mostly because he didn't stab anyone. However, he might've made some armor if he felt his current situation was pretty good for spanking some spankees. He probably held aggro fine with that kind of facial hair without needing a high dps weapon.
Elsie

Postby Delere » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:52 am

the upgrades really should be circumstantial to what gives u the largest benefit atm.

new defense for uncrittable is 540

and i think psiven's tps guide said that bonecrusher was higher tps
Delere

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 pm

Shield then armor then weapon imo.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Samuelus » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:38 am

I plan onf crafting the spelldamage guardian over the DPS one hander... the reason is simple imo

Ill loose a bit of TPS but Ill gain a solid weapon for the occaisional heal and consec spam and IF I decide to respec holy I dont have to make a new mace.

later down the line when the guild stablizes Ill probably make the 2 hand mace and teh one hand DPS mace and find my nitch where I can.
Samuelus

Postby ulushnar » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:48 am

I'm gonna go for the boots first. I think it's the only one I can't find a heroic drop equivalent for.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Markoh » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:48 am

Definitely getting the shield first (today actually). While the boots and helm are nice I'm using Kaz'gorels, I have the WORST luck on shields and don't see it ending anytime soon, so thats a massive upgrade.

What I need now is defense (and I assume most tanks atm) the helm isn't as good as the blue one you get from the questline in icecrown (crusader's resolution is the helm) and the rep boots from ebon blade give about as much defense as the titansteel ones. Because of this I can get about a 45 defense upgrade out of the shield.
Markoh

Return to WotLK