Remove Advertisements

SKgaming and Nihlium merge pwns WOTLK within 3 days

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Passionario » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:34 am

Clearing the raid instances is merely the first step. The real endgame content at the moment is Heroic: Glory of the Raider achievement.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby mazater » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:42 am

Below is a small statement from their site.

We are proud to declare that all WOTLK PVE raid content has now been cleared. This is both a moment of triumph and a cause for concern. The question in all our minds right now is if we could do this, how soon until the rest of the top guilds in the world clear all the raid content that WOTLK has to offer? Did Blizzard miscalculated in the tuning of these encounters? Or is this Blizzard folding under the weight of a large casual player base that demands to be on equal footing with end-game raiders?

Since when has naxxramas become the only raid instance there is?

I'm pretty damn sure there's arthas and his happy crew still alive n kicking
mazater

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:53 am

Naxx is the only instance ya know...

I assume killing Malygos 25 man should be easy aswell right ?

They have a good concern about raids , while even they understand that stuff was probably supposed to be easy now , it should not have been THIS easy , and if its like this now imagine how ulduar , icecrown and the new instance come 3.2 will be
Io.Draco

Postby mazater » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:02 am

Io.Draco wrote:Naxx is the only instance ya know...

I take that as "naxxramas is the only raid that will be implemented during wrath and you suckers wont get to kill arthas, like, ever"

I'm pretty sure that Ulduar, Icecrown citadel and whatnot are raids too, unless Arthas is such a cake that you'll do him in a 5man instance, wich is not very likely.

Even though the raids are not implemented yet, they will be, thus 25.11 has only started with the raiding process, not already done all of it.
mazater

Postby Equillian » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:34 am

lol if I could say anything to those people....

what a waste of 40 bucks.
what a waste of vacation time.
... what a waste.
I always have a minute, sometimes its taken by someone, but there's always the next.
Equillian

Postby fafhrd » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:46 am

Mazater wrote:

I take that as "naxxramas is the only raid that will be implemented during wrath and you suckers wont get to kill arthas, like, ever"

I'm pretty sure that Ulduar, Icecrown citadel and whatnot are raids too, unless Arthas is such a cake that you'll do him in a 5man instance, wich is not very likely.

Even though the raids are not implemented yet, they will be, thus 25.11 has only started with the raiding process, not already done all of it.

Everyone knows that there are other instances. No one said there aren't. The point was that in 3 days they cleared all the instances the expansion released with, which is not comparable to any other level cap - people didn't clear all of MC the day they got to 60, they didn't clear Grulll+Mags+Kara+SSC+TK the day they got to 70. They did do the equivalent at 80 though.

Also, to all the people saying nasty things about them, read what they said. No where did they say "we are awesome for clearing so quickly, you suck if you can't". They said "we cleared all this because it's too easy, and we're worried that everything else you give us is going to be too easy compared to what you used to give us". If uldaur and arthas come out in a couple of months, and they get cleared in 2 days by all the guilds that have been farming Malygos+KT+Sartharion since they hit 80, then they're way too easy too. So if your considered response to someone voicing a concern like that is like an earlier poster's: "I hope they break up for saying that", you're a pretty small hearted and petty person, and I hope guild breaks up for a similar reason.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:51 am

The silly part about the line they are taking is that every single high-end guild always knew that these first instances and firsts didn't mean jack squat whatsoever!

This is merely yet another attempt by nihilum to drag itsself back into a spotlight which it's felt has been steadily slipping away.

Perception is reality, so they're acting like they actually beat something challenging not because they think it with fool any of their competition for one second, but because they hope it will snowball a little bit of their lost community momentum.

I know several top-10 guilds who are quite contentedly casually strolling their way up to 80, because it doesnt make a bit of difference in the slightest at this point.

Nothing matters until Uludar. We've known that for months.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Hebberig » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:52 am

Well, I think it's all very great of them that they are doing that so quickly (well, more or less cleaning out the karazhan of wotlk, so there's more to come i'm guessing) and they should be respected for their achievement.

On the other hand I haven't forgotten how they have put down people's choices in class/spec because it wasn't min/max enough and by doing so, setting some of those classes back about 1,5 years in the eyes of all the silly fanboys who for example started yelling that paladins couldn't tank because Nihilum said so! I've read their comments in the past and I know they have 'retracted' some of that stuff it still shows the type of thinking they do.

And let's be honest, ofc they would be the first because it's their friggin job! They aren't a guild anymore but a brand (it says so on their website) and get sponsored for doing this kind of stuff. We all would be a lot further when WoW was our dayjob, right? I would be surprised if they had people doing the mats gathering for pots/flask etc for them.

All in all, nice achievement but they are still arrogant bastards in my opinion. And I know there will be people yelling i'm just jealous. Well, no, because what would I do when I finish a game in 3 days? Uninstall it, read a book, watch a movie or something else.
[url=http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alonsus&n=Wahwah]
Hebberig

Postby Passionario » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:11 am

We have spent a considerable amount of time forging the greatest roster ever assembled in this game and we are now ready to take on anything that is released. To support this roster we have finally found an appropriately motivated team to back us and help us reach our full potential. Together we aim to deliver a much more professional and WoW tailored experience to the community than anything else that has been done in the past.

Danger: Critical level of ego stroking and attention whoring detected!

Emergency barf in 5... 4... 3...
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Barathorn » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:31 am

fafhrd wrote:
Mazater wrote:

Also, to all the people saying nasty things about them, read what they said. No where did they say "we are awesome for clearing so quickly, you suck if you can't". They said "we cleared all this because it's too easy, and we're worried that everything else you give us is going to be too easy compared to what you used to give us".

I normally agree with you fafhrd but I don't here. Just because someone doesn't say something directly doesn't mean they aren't putting that point of view across. I agree the internet is not the greatest of mediums for conveying true meaning as only face to face communication can do that but based on their previous track record, these people are not known for their 'shyness' or indeed their 'tact'.

It doesn't matter much to me either way as I said, but if I had to call it how I saw it I would definately put these people into the :-

'Skilled and with too much time on their hands while maintaining a level of smugness about JUST how good they are compared to anyone else that makes me personally want to throw bricks at them' catchment group.

As long as they don't impact upon the game I play its cool and I respect their achievements. The moment they start making claims or acting as if they are a demi god like Awake used to, then it does impact upon me and that respect immediately vanishes.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby iliya » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:27 am

When you fanboys are done performing a certain function that shall remain nameless, I suggest you take another look at that statement and consider the tone of the post. Yes, they are being the same arrogant jerks that they've always been.

Also, if they were able to beat it with absolutely no access to Beta or whatever, then and only then, would they actually have something to brag about. That's not the case.

Finally; why should I, or anyone really, care? I'm serious. Why?
Iliya - Vek'Nilash: Retired
iliya

Postby Barathorn » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:43 am

Indeed iliya, we have probably done them more 'service' than they actually deserve by discussing something that really doesn't matter to the majority of us at length 8) .

And fafhrd, I find your posting POV a pleasent shade of grey in a world of black and white where quick opinions without all the facts are often the norm. Please continue to play devils advocate as it makes me think before posting :wink: .

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Questioner » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:27 am

I am even happier now that I decided to enjoy the game this time around rather than compete. Last night I dinged 71, and got my Dark War Riding Talbuk from Halaa.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:45 am

iliya wrote:When you fanboys are done performing a certain function that shall remain nameless, I suggest you take another look at that statement and consider the tone of the post. Yes, they are being the same arrogant jerks that they've always been.

Also, if they were able to beat it with absolutely no access to Beta or whatever, then and only then, would they actually have something to brag about. That's not the case.

Finally; why should I, or anyone really, care? I'm serious. Why?

Im not a fanboy , call me if ya want but I don't give a shit

While I do hate them for their statements in the past and the fact they will never take certain specs etc. I cannot insult someone who worked their fucking ass for getting their world first kills , ya think its easy or something , if you think so JUST LOL

The reason why I defend nihilum is because I know how it is to work hard for something and I can only respect those who worked EVEN harder
Io.Draco

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:46 am

Joanadark wrote:The silly part about the line they are taking is that every single high-end guild always knew that these first instances and firsts didn't mean jack squat whatsoever!

This is merely yet another attempt by nihilum to drag itsself back into a spotlight which it's felt has been steadily slipping away.

Perception is reality, so they're acting like they actually beat something challenging not because they think it with fool any of their competition for one second, but because they hope it will snowball a little bit of their lost community momentum.

I know several top-10 guilds who are quite contentedly casually strolling their way up to 80, because it doesnt make a bit of difference in the slightest at this point.

Nothing matters until Uludar. We've known that for months.

Indeed. Seriously, these raids have been beaten on beta by pugs of new level 80s. The impressive thing they did was get a raid full of 80s in just a couple of days. There will be lots of guilds clearing naxx on the first reset that they have enough 80s to head in there, especially if they had done the content in beta.

Now I don't know how they're acting because I just don't have an interest in following guilds that aren't mine, if they are proud of what they have done then good on them.

/locked
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Previous

Return to WotLK