Remove Advertisements

SKgaming and Nihlium merge pwns WOTLK within 3 days

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

SKgaming and Nihlium merge pwns WOTLK within 3 days

Postby Flinsy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:24 am

Thats right its been 3 days since the release and TwentyFifthNovember have already cleared t7. With blizzards estimate of taking two weeks for the top guilds just to clear naxx, will t8 be less of a bowdown to casuals? Thoughts? Comments?
User avatar
Flinsy
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:44 am

Postby Levantine » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:08 am

Because content that has been farmed to death on the PTR is srs bsns? K.

Also, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL at the countdown they had on their site. Arrogant, self important fuckwits much?
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10818
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:04 am

arogant self important fuckwits that have put a shitload of effort in this game

I would say shut up and not comment about something you have NOT been able to do yourself :P

Im not a fan nihilum or something I just am getting tired of all the newbs who make stupid comments at them

That said I don't see the point of why you made this topic Flinsy ...
User avatar
Io.Draco
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:33 am

Postby Joanadark » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:20 am

Below is a small statement from their site.

We are proud to declare that all WOTLK PVE raid content has now been cleared. This is both a moment of triumph and a cause for concern. The question in all our minds right now is if we could do this, how soon until the rest of the top guilds in the world clear all the raid content that WOTLK has to offer? Did Blizzard miscalculated in the tuning of these encounters? Or is this Blizzard folding under the weight of a large casual player base that demands to be on equal footing with end-game raiders?


LOL @ the bold comment.

Are they serious?

They act like the introductory raid content was ever going to be anything but who happens to level up enough 80s for form a raid group, even an undermanned one, and zone in the places.
And like they really havnt been killing these fights on a one-day reset on beta for literally months...
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Postby Equitas » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:07 am

Does it matter how often they did it on Beta?

They want world firsts badly, apparently more than anyone else right now which is why they are getting world firsts. Once again who cares about how they did it?

There used to be a funny Wowradio webcast where they were making fun of the whole Method Nihilum situation about vashj, with curse and Death & Taxes joining in debating ridiculous things about what should count as a world first.

And i can sort of see the resemblence.

"They act like the introductory raid content was ever going to be anything but who happens to level up enough 80s for form a raid group, even an undermanned one, and zone in the places.
And like they really havnt been killing these fights on a one-day reset on beta for literally months..."


Have they ever said anything else? I dont know whether or not theyve been training day for day, if they have then that was part of their plan, if not i dont care either way.

They cleared out the content 3 days after release, they were suprised to be the first apparently, apparently they also wanted it the most.

And as you can see in the pictures they did it in Sunwell gear which means they were wondering about why this is so easy aka why blizzard has not tuned the encounters.


I Salute "25thnovember" it was probably the most insane effort to be seen so far.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Image
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
User avatar
Equitas
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Postby Flinsy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:06 pm

Equitas wrote:Does it matter how often they did it on Beta?

They want world firsts badly, apparently more than anyone else right now which is why they are getting world firsts. Once again who cares about how they did it?

There used to be a funny Wowradio webcast where they were making fun of the whole Method Nihilum situation about vashj, with curse and Death & Taxes joining in debating ridiculous things about what should count as a world first.

And i can sort of see the resemblence.

"They act like the introductory raid content was ever going to be anything but who happens to level up enough 80s for form a raid group, even an undermanned one, and zone in the places.
And like they really havnt been killing these fights on a one-day reset on beta for literally months..."


Have they ever said anything else? I dont know whether or not theyve been training day for day, if they have then that was part of their plan, if not i dont care either way.

They cleared out the content 3 days after release, they were suprised to be the first apparently, apparently they also wanted it the most.

And as you can see in the pictures they did it in Sunwell gear which means they were wondering about why this is so easy aka why blizzard has not tuned the encounters.


I Salute "25thnovember" it was probably the most insane effort to be seen so far.


Exactly, if the tanks can run in crittable and the healers dont have much more spell power than they did at 70 its speaks leaps and bounds of how the instance is tuned.

It maybe just an intro but if everything is effortless until t8, its just a tad too casual. But, having said that, we do have achievements for "bragging rights" and the sense of accomplishment(hopefully).
User avatar
Flinsy
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:44 am

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Io.Draco wrote:
Im not a fan nihilum or something I just am getting tired of all the newbs who make stupid comments at them



this is how i feel
Image
User avatar
Lightbeard
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Postby Constantine » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:20 pm

As little as I care about this subject, it does bring to mind the WoW episode of South Park.

How do you kill that which has no life?
No armory link necessary. I am so awesome that if you clicked my armory link, your computer would explode.
Or perhaps whatever the opposite of that statement would be.
User avatar
Constantine
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:15 am
Location: Midwest, US

Postby Flinsy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:37 pm

radioactivejack wrote:As little as I care about this subject, it does bring to mind the WoW episode of South Park.

How do you kill that which has no life?


You enchant scourgebane.
User avatar
Flinsy
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:44 am

Postby mirkodeluxe » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:42 pm

Who cares, they play a different game than most of us.
I mean, even if some of us deem ourselves to be hardcore gamers or are labeled hardcore by others we are still a far cry from the 'hardcoreness' of these guilds (guild).

Kudos to them, but they dont play the Wow I play.. They skip stuff to own the endgame, and they do own the endgame. I shall own the endgame in my own way, later :)
Image
mirkodeluxe
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:14 am
Location: The Maelstrom EU

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:46 pm

There's just a line somewhere that it's just not worth it any more. I think they passed it. For me, I'd like to be in a guild that is always on the latest dungeon and kills the last boss before there's another boss available. It's reasonable. Once you get past that, dang.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:53 pm

If this is how they have fun then its how they have fun we cant really critize
Image
User avatar
Lightbeard
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Postby guillex » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:15 pm

Io.Draco wrote:arogant self important fuckwits that have put a shitload of effort in this game

I would say shut up and not comment about something you have NOT been able to do yourself :P

Im not a fan nihilum or something I just am getting tired of all the newbs who make stupid comments at them

That said I don't see the point of why you made this topic Flinsy ...


There's a difference between putting a ton of effort into the game and being recognized for it, and putting effort into the game and trying to force it down people's throats that you've done it.

We're all entitled to our opinions. Some people tend to be a bit more extravagant than others (and if you've been here long enough, you should know how Levvie posts). They way something is worded doesn't mean that they're noobs. You're being derogatory.
Póg mo thóin
Image
User avatar
guillex
Moderator
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:32 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:21 pm

moduspwnens wrote:There's just a line somewhere that it's just not worth it any more. I think they passed it. For me, I'd like to be in a guild that is always on the latest dungeon and kills the last boss before there's another boss available. It's reasonable. Once you get past that, dang.


Yes its reasonable , I play like this aswell , well more along the lines I want to have the best gear from that instance before next one comes out , but being on the same realm as them I realize how much "work" they put into this

Thats something people should respect , hard work , all this bullshit talk of nihilum does that , their no lifers , assholes etc. pisses me off to extreme , if anyone here has put even half the efort they have in raids I would like to see them comment about nihilum players
User avatar
Io.Draco
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:33 am

Postby Lothlan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:28 pm

As far as the gear thing, I was under the impression that tanks could more or less get uncrittable with some re-gemming and some of the quest rewards.


I know the premades on Beta that were able to kill Naxx didn't have any more spell power then my healing shaman and he's only half T6.
Image
Lothlan
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:13 pm

Next

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?