Could I get an explanation?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Constantine » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:15 pm

My previous statement should still apply, actually. If I am getting this wrong, anyone is free to refute me.
No armory link necessary. I am so awesome that if you clicked my armory link, your computer would explode.
Or perhaps whatever the opposite of that statement would be.
Constantine

Postby Elderin » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:32 pm

radioactivejack wrote:My previous statement should still apply, actually. If I am getting this wrong, anyone is free to refute me.

That's the thing. It's changed so much that I can't figure out what's good tanking items anymore.

You figure Strength is better than attack power because Strength benefits from BoK and it helps out with Shield of Righteousness.

But, how much do these spells benefit from Spell Power? I'm gonna have to make an excel spread sheet to figure this crap out.
Elderin- Paladin (Protection) - Whisperwind
Consecration is my crowd control
Elderin

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Constantine » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Look at the link provided by Majiben. All of the number crunching is there.

As far as your gear goes, you are now a warrior. Get used to it.
No armory link necessary. I am so awesome that if you clicked my armory link, your computer would explode.
Or perhaps whatever the opposite of that statement would be.
Constantine

Postby guillex » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:10 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53592

Remember when we all said "Get a spelldamage weapon, enchant with +40sd, and forget about it"?

That's all the spelldamage you'll need, right there, from that talent.

Everything else, like Jack said, is like a warrior.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby xstrykr » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Elderin wrote:
radioactivejack wrote:My previous statement should still apply, actually. If I am getting this wrong, anyone is free to refute me.

That's the thing. It's changed so much that I can't figure out what's good tanking items anymore.

You figure Strength is better than attack power because Strength benefits from BoK and it helps out with Shield of Righteousness.

But, how much do these spells benefit from Spell Power? I'm gonna have to make an excel spread sheet to figure this crap out.

With few exceptions, everything that we have scales equally with both AP and SP (max ranks linked):

Avenger's Shield
Consecration
Hammer of Wrath
Exorcism
Seal of Vengeance
Seal of Blood
Seal of Righteousness
Seal of Light
Seal of Wisdom
Judgement of Light
Seal of Justice
Holy Wrath
Seal of Command

As you can probably tell, the attacks themselves scale fairly equally with SP and AP. Our primary tanking seal, SoV, has its Seal component scale with more AP (2.5% of AP vs 1.3% of SP) even though all Judgement attacks scale better with SP (25% of SP + 16% of AP). Seal of Righteousness is the ONLY item on that list that scales better with SP than it does with AP, and because SoV is now our primary tanking seal, SP is largely useless and what SP we get through Stamina is now more than enough. Hammer of the Righteous is based solely on MH DPS, so get the highest DPS weapon you can that has tanking stats on it and you'll be fine.
xstrykr

Previous

Return to WotLK