Instances

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: Instances

Postby Neara » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Playdoh wrote:We are all mostly in BT gear, and it was said that azjol-nerub was pushing the envelope for his gear. I am wondering how far I would get doing the same thing, our gear is very comparable.

Dunno, the instances that are pushing it with BT-gear are probably the ones that say "You need to be level 75 to enter" .... The only thing that made instances challenging so far for me is the fact that i don't have a raid currently and can only go with PuGs. I'm always crying for joy if a DD get's above me in dmg done :roll:

Ahn'Kahet in Kara/ZA-gear with lvl 71 was kinda interesting, but still not enough to even consider CC.
Neara

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:22 pm

Falibard wrote:
Sweeney wrote:If you haven't tanked Azol-Nerub yet, go do it. Both instances are absolutely amazing.

I thought Uthgarde was gorgeous and Nexus was interesting, but A-N Old Kingdoms at 71? I actually had to pay attention and tank well. That was a treat I haven't had in a long time. :)

Is this the one that has the boss with Insanity? There is a quite a bit of annoying trash in there, but that boss makes it all worth it.
I totally agree. Ahn'kahet is the first instance that we actually had to pay attention in. We wiped a few times from pulling too much, but the last boss of the place was really cool.
Belloc

Postby Zoltar » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:30 pm

Yeah last boss is awesome fun. When you get insanity remember to take out you healer first or that phase takes forever.

The boss that ascends and then you have to kill the tauren is kind of annoying. If someone is standing in the spot where he ascends too and the boss has the 200% buff they get one shotted. This happened to my healer last night.

Awesome looking place.
Zoltar

Previous

Return to WotLK