Dual Specs?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Dual Specs?

Postby Cryage » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:10 pm

I know this topic may or may not have been beaten to death on this forum...
I tried using the search function but you can imagine the results with both
"Dual"

and

"specs" :p

Was the dual spec system implemented in WOTLK? I only played for an hour last night and got right into northrend instead of investigating this.

I dont think it has as I imagine it would have had more attention put to it...

Anybody know of any information if they intend on implementing this still and a POSSIBLE (even a rumored) ETA?
Cryage

Postby Andryana » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:11 pm

They mentioned it would come on the next major content patch (3.1)
Andryana

Postby Nehor » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:31 pm

Very excited about that. I am going to go holy so I can train my fellow Tankadins.
Cowards die many times before thier death, the valiant taste of death only once.

Nehor 85 Silvermoon, US
Jagged Edge Guild
Nehor

Postby sherck » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:18 am

Nehor wrote:Very excited about that. I am going to go holy so I can train my fellow Tankadins.

Welcome to the Healadin side of the Paladin community, Holy !!!

Well, at least when the next patch comes out....

Cheers,
sherck

Postby vschiano2008 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:33 am

Goin ret as offspec so I can PWN NUBS!

that and I have a geared resto druid and holy priest.. did BT progression twice over on two healers. my god enough healing.
vschiano2008

Postby Mehnalas » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:02 am

I will enjoy this very much. The only problem is dealing with the gear. That was as big of a problem for me as it was the spec. I'm ret right now for leveling fun, but I'm still wearing several prot pieces.
Lore(lol) wrote:Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mehnalas
Mehnalas

Postby djlar » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:43 am

I hope they implement a "gear bag" that takes one slot inside the regular bags, you can only have gear in it, maybe 10 slots?
djlar

Postby Talese » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:13 pm

djlar wrote:I hope they implement a "gear bag" that takes one slot inside the regular bags, you can only have gear in it, maybe 10 slots?

Because in a somewhat reality situation we don't carry enough crap? Sorry couldn't help myself, but yeah that would neat.
80 Belf Paladin
Shattered Hand
Talese

Postby Cryage » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:33 pm

What I could see them doing is having 2 tabs on your character sheet where you can keep gear equipped to both of those at the same time and you just select which one you want. Least I hope they implement something that user friendly instead of having to lug around an extra set of gear everywhere
Cryage

Postby Maihes » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Cryage wrote:What I could see them doing is having 2 tabs on your character sheet where you can keep gear equipped to both of those at the same time and you just select which one you want. Least I hope they implement something that user friendly instead of having to lug around an extra set of gear everywhere

I regularly carried my Prot, Ret, PvP Ret, Shadow Resist, and few extra pieces to switch around for the prot gear when I was raiding as Ret in BT >.> Not that big of a deal if you are only used to carrying one gear set around.
Maihes

Postby Avey » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:09 pm

Would be so neat, at the moment when I'm levelling my shadow priest (who's now my main) I constantly get whispers "Holy?". Now I don't have to lie anymore.
Avey

Postby Levantine » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:16 pm

Cause spec totally matters when you're levelling. :P ESPECIALLY with a Priest.
Levantine

Postby Taragor » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:23 pm

My only concern on this is how it iwll affect drops in instances. It is already hard enough going into WOTLK with fighting for gear with other plate wearing toons, now people will be wanting to gain extra sets of gear. I would assume it will be as simple as ...you are speced tank for this instance so u only roll on tank gear, or ur speced holy for this fight so u only roll on holy. At least i hope it is that simple.
Taragor

Postby Avey » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:42 pm

Levantine wrote:Cause spec totally matters when you're levelling. :P ESPECIALLY with a Priest.
It indeed does not. I can heal fine with a shadow spec, as long as the tank is any decent. But probably for the same reason people wanted you to be decked in T6 to be able to join their kara pug, they seem to not want a spriest as their healer. Which has resulted in me just saying "yes I'm healer" and just hope I don't get kicked when they inspect me. Sigh, I hope I can do more guildruns in the future, I'm already behind.
Avey

Postby Maihes » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Taragor wrote:My only concern on this is how it iwll affect drops in instances. It is already hard enough going into WOTLK with fighting for gear with other plate wearing toons, now people will be wanting to gain extra sets of gear. I would assume it will be as simple as ...you are speced tank for this instance so u only roll on tank gear, or ur speced holy for this fight so u only roll on holy. At least i hope it is that simple.

Dual Spec changes nothing when in regards to this...
Maihes

Next

Return to WotLK