Remove Advertisements

Instance > Questing First?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Instance > Questing First?

Postby Deflect » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:21 am

We all know the servers are going to be packed when I log into the game tonight.

Should I just follow the quests and go where it tells me, or should I instance a level or two and then start the quests?

I'm not really in a rush, but I kind of am lol... I wanna hit 80 and not waste much time.
Deflect

Postby Eaglestrike » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:35 am

My ideal plan is to quest and keep instance quests around (there are prequests for many of them) and once I've gotten all the instance quests run the instance and then move on. Once the instances start offering actual tanking gear (I think that isn't until Violet Hold or whatever at 75ish) I'll queue for them more. For the most part I'm thinking questing is more exp. If the actual servers seem to be playing like beta did when I was on it and lagging...then yeah instance leveling is going to be where it's at, lol.

But without that I'm sure questing is better for exp.
Eaglestrike

Postby Deflect » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:37 am

Yea, I guess I'll just try to fight everyone for that one tagged mob, lol.

I'm on a PvP server, so I can imagine how it is.

Though, when BC came out... there wasn't much killing. Most people wanted to level, so they didn't PvP. But then again, you have those group of kids that think they are funny.
Deflect

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:49 am

Imagine Hellfire Peninsula. Now, cut the population in half.

That's what WotLK will be like, since it has two starting zones, both having a separate progression that meets around level 80.
Belloc

Postby PsiVen » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:28 am

Um, the two starting zones converge immediately at 71-72 in Dragonblight. Not sure what you mean by that.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:56 am

PsiVen wrote:Um, the two starting zones converge immediately at 71-72 in Dragonblight. Not sure what you mean by that.

Howling Fjord moves onto Grizzley Hills, not Dragonblight.

You CAN go to Dragonblight, but you don't have to. I did about 5 quests in Dragonblight before I decided that they were a waste of time and moved onto a different zone.
Belloc

Postby Markoh » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:15 pm

You CAN go to grizzly hills but it's actually a little high in the level range, the difference b/w bt and hf (for horde as an example) is bt comes to Angmars Hammer full of orcs and taunka in western dragonblight and if you come from hf you come to venomspite full of undead on the eastern side.

The debate over instance vs quest is being discussed in another thread though. My opinion is if your on a very high pop server instance might be best to start for at least a few lvls, but if your low to medium pop questing might be faster.

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... 8&start=60
Markoh

Return to WotLK