Levelling 70-72 in BM - 500k+ XP per hour rested

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby daemonym » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:49 pm

GothicPL wrote:
Angella wrote:Because you can avoid the fighting for quest objectives and constant ganking.
I'll probably do the isle quests till 73 or so too.

Something doesn't match. Isle quests = fighting for quest objectives and constant ganking. :D

most of them will be in northrend and not the island, depending on how far you want to take reverse psychology that is.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:52 pm

GothicPL wrote:
Angella wrote:Because you can avoid the fighting for quest objectives and constant ganking.
I'll probably do the isle quests till 73 or so too.

Something doesn't match. Isle quests = fighting for quest objectives and constant ganking. :D

Isle quests = nowhere near worth the time investment except for the first turn in before going to Northrend. Seriously. Don't ever go back to the Isle.
Belloc

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:03 pm

I'm going to farm the mobs on Ata'mal terrace a few times to see how much XP they give.
Anubisknight

Postby sherck » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:10 pm

Honorshammer wrote:I'm in a such a rush that I'm going to be at a bar watching TNF (Thursday Night Football) Thursday night.

GOOD!!!

That is one less Ally I have to worry about ganking my Holy-loving Healadin a$$.....

Goodness, I suck at PvP......sigh....

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Daho » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:04 pm

I have a question on this. If I log in for like 10 minutes after WotLK goes live, then log out until the next night, would that give me rested xp then?
I'm guessing it would, just putting it out there, thanks.
Daho

Postby Passionario » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Daho wrote:I have a question on this. If I log in for like 10 minutes after WotLK goes live, then log out until the next night, would that give me rested xp then?

Yes.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Alceste » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:04 pm

Belloc wrote:
Alceste wrote:BC-tagged quests will not grant xp at level 70. Whether this tag is just for when you picked it up before the release of WotLK or not, I don't know.

At any rate, you'll get some quick gold but no xp for those quests.

Seriously, this is a lie. It has never worked this way and it never will.

Quit spreading around false rumors.

You're basing "never and never will" on the one and only time this has come up, two years ago? Really there's a pretty equal chance they'd have changed or not changed this as there's little proof available either way.

I won't argue, though, as I won't say that I'm not a victim of possible rumors myself. It won't hurt to try it out as it would have a great benefit, but don't be horribly disappointed if your efforts don't bear the fruit you want.

You'll at worst make some gold, and at best get that and good xp . Go for it.
Alceste

Postby Yukionna » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:54 pm

When my paladin hit 70 she had half a lvl of rested unused (i remember this well, as I let it build up while still raiding on my rogue-ex-main).

When I moved her to WotLK beta she still had that same rested unused... Lasted her in Howling Fjord till a bit into 71.

Have you guys actually SEEN that rested is not there from EU opening or are you just assuming it won't be there...
Yukionna

Postby fafhrd » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:01 am

I hate levelling. That is why I'll likely only do it once. I have no desire to skip most of the content put in to make levelling interesting on that one trip, just to plunge into a rehash of an instance i've done way too much at 60, and quite at few times at 70 too.

Anyway got halfway through 70 in around 5 hours tonight. Ran into 20-30 horde. 0 pvp encounters (although was strongly wishing I could kill some alliance that stole some mobs from me).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby thomase » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:24 am

Seriously, do the dailies at 70. I picked up 300k xp turning in daily quests that I had saved the night before WoTLK was released.

I may try the BM aoe atleast once or twice until I hit 72. Otherwise in 2 hours I only got around 400k~ XP. Although, i wasn't very picky about quests i picked up.

And Yes, there is a small amount of rested XP (maybe from the 7 hours prior to installing after release). There is no 1.5 levels worth however.
thomase

Postby PsiVen » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Hankthetank wrote:
Flex wrote:
Karador wrote:When TBC came out nobody had rested XP and i think they will do the same thing here.

TBC had rested. People could get to the mid 60s without running out of rested.

WotLK resets all rested to 0.

When TBC was released, and you activated your account with it, you were at 0 rested xp. WotLK will be the same.

I had about 4 bubbles of rest when I logged in immediately after activation, about 2 hours after Northrend was unlocked on the server. I don't think it's quite zero to start with, but I do recall that rest in beta was very easy to accumulate.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Anubisknight » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:35 pm

PsiVen wrote:
Hankthetank wrote:
Flex wrote:
Karador wrote:When TBC came out nobody had rested XP and i think they will do the same thing here.

TBC had rested. People could get to the mid 60s without running out of rested.

WotLK resets all rested to 0.

When TBC was released, and you activated your account with it, you were at 0 rested xp. WotLK will be the same.

I had about 4 bubbles of rest when I logged in immediately after activation, about 2 hours after Northrend was unlocked on the server. I don't think it's quite zero to start with, but I do recall that rest in beta was very easy to accumulate.

Unless I'm mistaken, that was the rested XP that you had when you hit lvl70.
Anubisknight

Postby PsiVen » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:53 pm

I dunno about that, they definitely went in at 60 for TBC to remove everyone's rest as it wasn't previously set to not accrue while level capped.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby msuguy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:43 pm

So has anyone attempted doing BM Trash Runs without Rest XP? Is it worth it?
msuguy

Postby Anubisknight » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:43 pm

msuguy wrote:So has anyone attempted doing BM Trash Runs without Rest XP? Is it worth it?

It should be. At least the Ata'mal Terrace mobs were worth it. I was getting 1150-1180 XP per mob (rested though). I went to the tundra once my rested XP was used up. So, in about 3 hours of play, I'm at around 60% to 71. Since the instance is easier to reset, I'd give it a shot and kill the trash 5 times before heading to northrend.

One more thing I tried was turning in the Isle quests. The couple of quests that I turned in gave me 12500 XP each.
Anubisknight

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK