Levelling 70-72 in BM - 500k+ XP per hour rested

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby mavfin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:35 pm

Vanifae wrote:
mavfin wrote:
Vanifae wrote:PvP server won't eb that bad, besides new content is better then trying to level as fast as I can.

I have a feeling it's the divide between people who hate leveling and only do it to get to 80 and the raiding, and the people who like the ride, too. Nothing wrong with either approach, but we do look at the game differently.

I look at it this way.

How long were you 70?

How long did you level to 70?

I was 70 a long, long, long time... it was fun but some nights I had NOTHING to do.

Leveling at least is a break from the raiding game which everyone can use from time to time. I hate leveling alts but I enjoyed leveling my paladin.

If your goal is to be 80 by Thursday then god speed and I have nothing against that, just expect to be 80 for a LONG time.

To be clear, I'm on the 'enjoy the ride' side of things. Leveling my first Alliance, and first Horde char from 60-70 was a LOT of fun. I didn't have any urge to be 70 in a week, and I don't now for 80.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby cordelia » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:57 pm

Fun? New Content?

OMGZ you guys have it all wrong!!

It's all about Server Progression, Server Firsts!

If I can pull BM and get to level 73 while the questers are all at level 72, I would happily do it. The faster I level, the higher level dungeons I can run my guild through, the better gear I can get them, the faster we can hit 80, and therefore the faster we can get in and start downing Naxx-10/25 server firsts.

Fun? New Content? That's for alts, 1 month after WotLK is out.
cordelia

Postby mavfin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:03 pm

cordelia wrote:Fun? New Content?

If I can pull BM and get to level 73 while the questers are all at level 72, I would happily do it. The faster I level, the higher level dungeons I can run my guild through, the better gear I can get them, the faster we can hit 80, and therefore the faster we can get in and start downing Naxx-10/25 server firsts.

Heh. We're both playing WoW, but we're not really playing the same game. :D
--Mav
mavfin

Postby lythac » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:34 am

For my server when TBC came out in the first few days, Outland was very unstable and kept going down. Eastern Kingdoms wasn't much better, Kalimdor was pretty ok as no one was there. Instances were pretty stable as well, except if your resser died and outland was down, no way they could get back in.

For the first few days of LK I might do a little bit of BM just from my past experience, or be ready to Hearth to Shatt and get to CoT as soon as outlands looks unstable. My alts will be parked in different continents so unless a complete server shutdown I will always have something to do.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Barathorn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:16 am

mavfin wrote:
cordelia wrote:Fun? New Content?

Heh. We're both playing WoW, but we're not really playing the same game. :D

QFT mavfin.

I know people who have taken 2 weeks off work unpaid so they can level all 4 of their characters to 80. Funnily enough these are the same people who complain of nothing to do once they are at level 80.

I understand the need to level fast, it just isn't for me as what happens in the actual world is more important to me than a pixelated 'Boss' being downed 1st on the server.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby btmorex » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:27 am

I like leveling, but there's nothing I dislike more than having to try to tag mobs fast. My current plan is to see how bad questing is @70 and if it's horrible, I'll just instance until 72ish. My experience with TBC was that if you can get even 1 level ahead of the curve then you can slow down and enjoy yourself. If you stay with the pack though, 70-80 is going to be brutal.
btmorex

Postby Passionario » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:27 am

bomjac wrote:Compared to the time spent running endless Chaos Sanctuary / Baal with D2 / LOD HC, a few hours spent in BM is nothing to be honest.

I have to concur, if only because BM doesn't have a chance to spawn an Extra Fast Cursed Aura Enchanted (Fanaticism) Undead Stygian Doll when you least expect it.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby towelliee » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:05 am

TBC world server was f'd....so we went into ramps and bf over and over until our eyes bled lol. Instance server > world server at launch.
towelliee

Postby Hankthetank » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:23 am

Flex wrote:
Karador wrote:When TBC came out nobody had rested XP and i think they will do the same thing here.

TBC had rested. People could get to the mid 60s without running out of rested.

WotLK resets all rested to 0.

When TBC was released, and you activated your account with it, you were at 0 rested xp. WotLK will be the same.
Hankthetank

Postby daemonym » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:30 am

i was actually planning on doing this a few times on release. combined with a log full of completed quests will give me a nice hefty boost once all is said and done. plus running with a mage will make it rather fast easy xp imo. not gonna do it for a few hours in a row though, not a chance. but a fast track half a level will be enough for me to be ahead of most of the opening quest people and onto thinner areas.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Alceste » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:28 am

BC-tagged quests will not grant xp at level 70. Whether this tag is just for when you picked it up before the release of WotLK or not, I don't know.

At any rate, you'll get some quick gold but no xp for those quests.
Alceste

Postby guillex » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:33 am

Alceste wrote:BC-tagged quests will not grant xp at level 70. Whether this tag is just for when you picked it up before the release of WotLK or not, I don't know.

Not from what happened in Beta.

I had dailies completed before I transferred Guillex over, went and handed them in, gold + experience.

TYVM.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby honorshammer » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:46 am

I'm in a such a rush that I'm going to be at a bar watching TNF (Thursday Night Football) Thursday night.
honorshammer

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:57 am

Alceste wrote:BC-tagged quests will not grant xp at level 70. Whether this tag is just for when you picked it up before the release of WotLK or not, I don't know.

Seriously, this is a lie. It has never worked this way and it never will.

Quit spreading around false rumors.
Belloc

Postby GothicPL » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Angella wrote:Because you can avoid the fighting for quest objectives and constant ganking.
I'll probably do the isle quests till 73 or so too.

Something doesn't match. Isle quests = fighting for quest objectives and constant ganking. :D
GothicPL

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK