Remove Advertisements

WOTLK Already Out in Some Locations

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

WOTLK Already Out in Some Locations

Postby towelliee » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:40 am

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/11/11/wr ... /#comments

Anyone get their CE early? My friend called me up and told me he got his from amazon this morning. And wth 7-11 sells games??
towelliee

Postby dmok » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:43 am

People may already have their copy of WotLK, but it's not like they can start playing to 80 yet.

and 7-11 is going to come under alot of flak soon I think. There were also reports of them selling Gears of War 2 two days early, despite stickers on the game themselves saying "Do not sell before ___"
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby ulushnar » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:47 am

I got a mail from Amazon about this time yesterday telling me my copy was on it's way. I also got TBC a full day before the gates to Outland opened.

The only real advantage of it is you get to register your CD-Key early and avoid the overtaxed servers later.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Consecrator » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:27 pm

I am hearing that you can dowload the game early, is this true? Im not talking about playing it, or even buying it, i just heard that you can dowload the long "patch" then instal the disc after the 13th to save time. Is there any truth to this so you can play right after you get the game home? I may have misunderstodd but sounded like it would be a nice thing to do.
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
Consecrator

Postby cryst » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Consecrator wrote:I am hearing that you can dowload the game early, is this true? Im not talking about playing it, or even buying it, i just heard that you can dowload the long "patch" then instal the disc after the 13th to save time. Is there any truth to this so you can play right after you get the game home? I may have misunderstodd but sounded like it would be a nice thing to do.

The patch on Live is more up to date than the one shipping with the expansion. Assuming you didn't delete 3.0.3, you would install WotLK, then patch over it with a patch you already have, and proceed to download another small patch that enables the expansion for play.
cryst
Maintankadonor

Postby Consecrator » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:50 pm

Yeah thats what i was figuring on doing, had just heard about doing the "big DL" prior to bring the box home so thought i would ask, since this would make the dowloading process shorter in one sitting, byt breaking it down to two.
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
Consecrator

Postby knaughty » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:51 pm

I have my copy, but I don't feel like a ban, so I won't be activating it for another 36 hours.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Consecrator » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:54 pm

Im buying my copy at midnight. Im not trying to do anything ileagal at all, just wondering if you can DL the big crap and THEN install WRATH you know. Trust me im not looking for a ban either lol. Thanks for all the replies though, ill just dl it when i get it home since i may have been misinformed, its what i get for trying to make my life easier. Stupid life!!
Consecrator

Postby gmf1 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:58 pm

Stupid australia hasto wait 36 hours, you americans only haveto wait 14 :( sif realease it on different days? There will be 80's running around going sucks to live in aus 70 noob.
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby Morolann » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:06 pm

gmf1 wrote:Stupid australia hasto wait 36 hours, you americans only haveto wait 14 :( sif realease it on different days? There will be 80's running around going sucks to live in aus 70 noob.

Australians who have it at American release can technically play it.

Just say you bought it from Amazon so as not to get your retailer in trouble if anyone asks :D
Morolann

Postby Consecrator » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:07 pm

Hax
Consecrator

Postby link » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:39 pm

crap earliest im getting is fri 8am in Western Australia.

According to guildie, some shops in phillippines selling it for 48USD and Play-Asia have already sent out their orders.
link

Postby rodos » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:14 am

According to MMO-Champion, the WotLK client can be downloaded at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/download/clients/pc/InstallWoW.exe (that's a 1 MB file, so I assume it uses the bittorrent downloader to get the real data).
rodos

Postby vyaine » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:17 am

rodos wrote:According to MMO-Champion, the WotLK client can be downloaded at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/download/clients/pc/InstallWoW.exe (that's a 1 MB file, so I assume it uses the bittorrent downloader to get the real data).

from what i understand,blizzard shut that down a short while ago though, from having to many people trying to dl it at once and bogging down the servers, something about it being connected to wows main site or something : /

i could be wrong though, im just going by the bit i read about that and the fact i haven't been able to get it to work :cry:
vyaine

Postby rodos » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:33 am

vyaine wrote:
rodos wrote:According to MMO-Champion, the WotLK client can be downloaded at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/download/clients/pc/InstallWoW.exe (that's a 1 MB file, so I assume it uses the bittorrent downloader to get the real data).

from what i understand,blizzard shut that down a short while ago though, from having to many people trying to dl it at once and bogging down the servers, something about it being connected to wows main site or something : /

i could be wrong though, im just going by the bit i read about that and the fact i haven't been able to get it to work :cry:

Yeah, I just tried it and it gave an error about not being able to connect to the Internet. I broke out Wireshark to see what was really going on any Blizzard's servers are returning "404 Not Found", so I guess they did shut it down.
rodos

Next

Return to WotLK