Remove Advertisements

Quest Mod for WOTLK?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Archimeades » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:30 pm

Arcand wrote:Also, it seemed like Carbonite had to be told what quests to track. When you enter a new zone, or even as you move around within a zone, QH updates its tracking list to show you the five nearest quests.

Is there a way to force it to track a certain quest? For instance, I have 20 minutes to play so I just want to knock out the daily cooking quest or something, but that's not among the 5 closest. Can I make it tell me how to get to the quest objective of my choosing?
Archimeades

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:42 pm

Archimeades wrote:
Arcand wrote:Also, it seemed like Carbonite had to be told what quests to track. When you enter a new zone, or even as you move around within a zone, QH updates its tracking list to show you the five nearest quests.

Is there a way to force it to track a certain quest? For instance, I have 20 minutes to play so I just want to knock out the daily cooking quest or something, but that's not among the 5 closest. Can I make it tell me how to get to the quest objective of my choosing?

Yes. In the full version, you can do that. You can change the distance covered, rule out instance quests, and sort on other criteria.

Again, the real value will be when you need to kill 30 spotted ice boars, and need to know where the porkers might spawn.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Arcand » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:06 pm

Archimeades wrote:Is there a way to force it to track a certain quest? For instance, I have 20 minutes to play so I just want to knock out the daily cooking quest or something, but that's not among the 5 closest. Can I make it tell me how to get to the quest objective of my choosing?

That might actually be advantage Carbonite - it'll track whatever you tell it to.

Then again, like most of us, I can get reasonably close to a quest objective just by reading the text attentively and by then QH has started to track it automatically. I'm totally happy with that so I haven't made any effort to change QH's behavior; it might be more flexible than I realize.
Arcand

Previous

Return to WotLK