Remove Advertisements

Tabard for Rep

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tabard for Rep

Postby towelliee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:02 pm

Can someone explain the Tabard for EXP thing? I thought there was a FAQ on this main page..maybe I am just blind.
Last edited by towelliee on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
towelliee

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:04 pm

Tabards are not for EXP. Tabards are for Rep.

Works like this. At... Friendly I think, you get the tabard for a given faction (say Argent Crusade). You put it on. Whenever you do any dungeon, you get Argent Crusade rep. Want to switch to earning Ebon Hold rep? Put on your Ebon Hold tabard.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby towelliee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:06 pm

So I can be in an Argent Crusade Dungeon and get REP for Ebon Hold as long as I have the Ebon Hold Tabard on?

What the Argent Crusade rep do I get that still on side? Or only one at a time?
towelliee

Postby Archimeades » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:08 pm

Lore wrote:Tabards are not for EXP. Tabards are for Rep.

Works like this. At... Friendly I think, you get the tabard for a given faction (say Argent Crusade). You put it on. Whenever you do any dungeon, you get Argent Crusade rep. Want to switch to earning Ebon Hold rep? Put on your Ebon Hold tabard.

Am I correct in thinking this is only available at lvl 80? I've read the FAQ on wowwiki and it is not clear on this point.
Archimeades

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Archimeades wrote:
Lore wrote:Tabards are not for EXP. Tabards are for Rep.

Am I correct in thinking this is only available at lvl 80? I've read the FAQ on wowwiki and it is not clear on this point.

hmm, off of the top of my head, I don't see why you can't do it earlier, as long as you meet the reputation requirement to purchase the tabard. I don't believe the tabards themselves have a level requirement. I could be wrong, I'm just going from memory and I didn't try it before hitting level 80.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby daemonym » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:12 pm

you get the tabards at friendly rep with a faction. say you're in an instance that gives 5 kirin'tor rep per kill. put on your argent crusade tabard in there and you get 5 kirin'tor AND 5 argent crusade rep. or if you wear the kirin'tor tabard instead, you'll be getting 10 rep per kill. it is semi possible i'm mistaken but i have not read anything so far that says the tabard "championing" will overwrite the normal rep you would gain.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:13 pm

I do believe the tabard actually does have a required level of 80, or that the tooltip specifically states level 80 dungeons. I remember a guildmate trying to use it in non-heroic DTK and the tabard not working.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Falkman » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:17 pm

Splug wrote:I do believe the tabard actually does have a required level of 80, or that the tooltip specifically states level 80 dungeons. I remember a guildmate trying to use it in non-heroic DTK and the tabard not working.

-Splug

This is the truth.
The tabards are only usable in lvl 80 dungeons (well you can "use" them in other dungeons, but it won't give you any rep).
Barbossa, lvl 80 human tankadin
Jazine, lvl 80 draenei shaman
Ywaine, lvl 80 draenei death knight
Falkman

Postby Markoh » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:20 pm

Also the main factions with which you are trying to gain rep don't have dungeons that naturally give there rep. I might be wrong, and please if I am someone correct me, but in beta every instance gave horde expedition rep naturally and by using the tabards you would change it to argent crusade or ebon blade rep.

It's not like tbc where all the hellfire ones gave thrallmar rep and all the zangar gave cenarian, its all to a basic pool and you wear a tabard to get specific rep.
Markoh

Postby lythac » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:21 pm

http://www.worldofraids.com/news/312.html

Tabards at friendly
Only work at 80

An important change is that you don't gain reputation in any dungeon for any faction - except for the Horde Offensive / Valiance Expedition factions - without wearing a tabard and championing in no way works with older factions.

Its from 3rd October, so may have changed since then.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby majorwoo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:21 pm

wtb a pet/mount like container for tabards! i don't have room in my bank for 50 tabards. I heard some talk about this, haven't seen anything on in in awhile.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Consecrator » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:17 am

Im at work so cant follow the link. I understood it to only work in lvl 80 instances as well, but that doesnt mean you have to be lvl 80 does it? Im sure many of us have done lvl 70 instances at 68 and 69, will this work the same way 78/79? meaning you tank a lvl 80 instance at lvl 79 and still get the rep assuming you have the tabard on? this is what i assumed would happen.
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
Consecrator

Postby mazater » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:29 am

majorwoo wrote: i don't have room in my bank for 50 tabards.

You can sell away the 49 tabards you aren't using, the achievement system will still keep track of them.

You can also rather easily buy them back from a tabard vendor, so you don't have to run around the world getting your tabads back if you want them for whatever odd reasons you might have.
mazater

Postby Zumor » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:57 am

the rep-part of the tabards work only in lvl 80 INSTANCE,
you can wear it with 72 or whatever
you can wear it with 72 in a 70instance
it wont work

you have to wear it in a lvl80 instance (or heroic or raid or heroicraid, all are lvl 80), you dont have to be lvl80 yourself.

I dont know what reputation you get if you wear nothing at all, never tried it in beta tbh, but normaly you will wear one of these tabards anyway (while leveling you get all factions at least to friendly)

next point:
there is a tabard vendor in dalaran and in every other city, he sells you the tabards for the normal price that you can buy it from the normal vendors,
unique tabards (from quests, or worldevents) wont be there, keep them,
all normal tabards are sold by that NPC in dalaran.

you wont change your tabard every instance, thats a fair deal, sell and buy them for rep-farming whenever you like it, keep the unique ones you like, sell all tabards you got for the tabard-achievment and dont want anymore
Zumor

Return to WotLK