Remove Advertisements

another wotlk rumor i heard

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

another wotlk rumor i heard

Postby daemonym » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:45 pm

heard that gems will not be as easy to come by in wrath as they are in tbc, any truth to this? (note: i totally think this is a bunch of crap considering where i heard it)
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:48 pm

It's looking to be very similar to how things were at the start of TBC. That is, blue/rare gems are the best you can get, and only come from mining and prospecting.

This also means that using green/uncommon gems isn't as big of a difference, and those are plentiful.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:50 pm

I was getting plenty of gems from mining and questing/instancing. Not once did I ever prospect ore for gems.

Seemed better to me, but I'm going to guess that I was lucky and that it's pretty much the same as when BC launched.
Belloc

Postby Jasari » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:50 pm

Well epic gems will be a lot harder to come by initially just as they were during BC. Uncommon/Rare gems will be the same as they were in BC since they are acquired the exact same way that they were before. Your "source" might be referring to the "perfect" gems which are a step between the uncommon/rare gems that are a proc when cutting and uncommon gem. But even they have a pretty high proc rate if I remember correctly.

TL;DR: It's all the same as it was in BC.
Jasari

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:56 pm

Don't forget that JCs have a chance to create gems of with stats between uncommon and rare when cutting uncommon gems that will likely be in pretty high demand at the start of wrath.

EDIT I was too slow.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Re: another wotlk rumor i heard

Postby Tankznspankz » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:30 pm

daemonym wrote:heard that gems will not be as easy to come by in wrath as they are in tbc, any truth to this? (note: i totally think this is a bunch of crap considering where i heard it)

i guess youve got that from a beta tester.
Bc on beta gems were super expensive, just because you could transfer you guildbank 4times.
And everyone got so much gear bc naxx only had a 1 day reset timer.
So in conclussion, gems on live wont be as rare or hard to come by as in beta and not as expensive as on bc start.
Tankznspankz

Postby Lousiana » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 pm

As a JC I was on MMO. List if gem designs looks pretty solid with some better than rare already at 375 available.

Guild policy will probably say:

- common for leveling gear
- rare for extraordinary blues that won't be replaced until raiding and heroic drops
- epic for Tier-Items and same-quality off-set gear.
Lousiana

Postby crabcrouton » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:24 pm

Regular gems are pretty common from my experiences in the beta.

Perfect gems, that is, the uncommon occurrence when a JCer cuts a green-quality gem to get an above-average gem, will be perfectly situated to put into your gear as you freshly hit 80. This'll be a new "tier" that's appropriate for your wallet since you won't be immediately gouged trying to pay for blue quality gems when you're just starting out at level 70 regular instances.

Once you're wearing Heroics gear and/or Naxx gear, blue gems will be more appropriate.
crabcrouton

Postby semp » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:11 am

Will prospecting the new ore always yield at least a green gem like it does now in BC?
semp

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:17 am

It used to in beta, so guess will do on live.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Håvard » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:07 pm

This is my experience: all my ore was solely from my mining - I mined whenever I saw a node, but I didn't go out of the way looking for ore. By ZulDrak, I had upgraded all my sockets in full superior gems, and in reserve I had at least 2 stacks of each color of common gems, and around 5-10 of each color of superior gem. At that point I started giving away a lot of gems (didn't see a point in stockpiling in beta) but I would guess that it got even easier to procure gems in the higher levels, since I had my epic flying again.
Havard, 80 Blood Elf Paladin, US Moon Guard
Håvard, 60 Human Paladin, US Moon Guard
Håvard

Postby semp » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:18 pm

On the JC side of this, are most of the patterns from the trainer or ar they rep based?
semp

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:27 pm

The vast majority of JC patterns appear to be purchased in Dalaran with tokens from JC dailies. The rest are drops or pvp purchases (though there are some without details available on wowhead).

http://www.wowhead.com/?items=9.10&filt ... ;crv=0#0+1
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby mavfin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:19 pm

I much prefer rep-based and daily-based to the world-drops that they had in BC.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:01 am

Agreed. I'm pretty sure I only have, oh, about four or five blue quality recipes from BC? I have almost all the epic patterns. Go figure. This new system will take a while to get you the patterns, but at least it's not a RNG.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Next

Return to WotLK