Remove Advertisements

Excited for Wrath

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Excited for Wrath

Postby Mortehl » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:26 pm

I have to say, I am very excited for wrath. I was sort of Meh on TBC because the Naruu is such a gross departure from the Azeroth world that Warcraft belongs in. Wrath on the other hand, from the architecture, to the colors is a true return.

Outposts LOOK like what you remember from Azeroth, down to the color schemes. You actually have entire outposts where the roofs are painted the same color, etc. I'm sure a lot of people in this community is looking forward to the leveling process as something that is in the way to raiding, but stop and enjoy this. Wrath from it's music score, to the background visuals is the -World- of Warcraft at it's finest. You will very much feel like you're are living breathing part of the game, as opposed to someone traversing a 2 dimensional painting.

Also, there's a lot of stress here about where our role is. Don't panic. Unlike in TBC where we literally had the entire deck stacked against us, by Blizzard's own admissions this time around, they want us to be maintankadins. Seriously, don't worry about those few percent in either direction. Enjoy the game. Its a big world and there's a lot there are many opportunities for us who play paladins in all sorts of roles.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Harlequina » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:29 pm

Well said dude. I'm excited aswell.

*feels a strange urge to play WC2 again*
Harlequina

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:49 pm

I personally can't wait until two Thursday from now when the servers stabilize enough to do stuff!
Flex

Postby Jasari » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Flex wrote:I personally can't wait until two Thursday from now when the servers stabilize enough to do stuff!

Haha.

I have people visiting from Thursday-Tuesday so I won't even log on until Tuesday evening after work. I'm hoping they'll be relatively stable by then.
Jasari

Postby OmegaDN » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:33 pm

Heh heh – I will also wait (slightly) for the servers to stabilize … but not entirely by choice.
Actually, the day WOTLK goes live – I’ll be at a company function (Bulls game!). I “had” to go because all my co-workers made fun of me for not going to the last one. It wasn’t until later that I realized it’s the same day the expansion goes live (and thus became emo).
It’ll all work for the best I suppose. Like it was mentioned earlier – I expect the servers to be a bit flaky. Besides… I have a week vacation coming up for Thanksgiving! 8)
OmegaDN

Postby Lucislasus » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:38 pm

I so cannot wait to tank 5mans along with my friends. I SO cannot wait. Gimme!

Oh yeah, my mom's birthday is on thursday... crap ;O
Lucislasus

Postby Lousiana » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Lucislasus wrote:I so cannot wait to tank 5mans along with my friends. I SO cannot wait. Gimme!

Oh yeah, my mom's birthday is on thursday... crap ;O

We already scheduled 3 hours of Uthgard ganking on Thursday evening. I so wish it was already thursday. Nearly two years of Outland is enough.... enough ... ENOUGH.

I though hope I will be sober on Thursday. Due to midnight sale my mates and I will have some cocktail-session Wednesday evennig :lol:
Lousiana

Postby Lumennon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:14 am

Lousiana wrote:Nearly two years of Outland is enough.... enough ... ENOUGH.

QFT. tbh, i pretty much enjoyed outland and frankly, even though it was somewhat different from what WarCraft veterans now, expect and love about WC games, it was pretty nice, from mechanics to lore, in it's own right.

however, i am really excited, so are my guildies. the more WarCraft experience they had so far, the more excited they are.

lame thing is, i know i will push it and - despite the lag - will continue to (try and) play a lot.

it'll totally suck and be really frustrating =D
Ebbitt wrote:Arthas is sitting there watching over the front door then... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS, we just got inside by the back door and facerolled all your defenses.
Lumennon
Maintankadonor

Postby Håvard » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:23 pm

I wonder if the Naaru will ever figure strongly into the storyline again. I imagine that if there ever is an Argus expansion, they may, but I can't see them fitting into a Great Sea or an Emerald Dream expansion.
Havard, 80 Blood Elf Paladin, US Moon Guard
Håvard, 60 Human Paladin, US Moon Guard
Håvard

Postby Lumennon » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:14 am

Håvard wrote:I wonder if the Naaru will ever figure strongly into the storyline again. I imagine that if there ever is an Argus expansion, they may, but I can't see them fitting into a Great Sea or an Emerald Dream expansion.

That's what I think. Guessing that an Argus expansion w/ a probable Sargeras-faceoff would very much be WoW's last encounter, the Argus expansion would be the last one. I can see - and for that matter, would pretty much enjoy - the Naaru returning for the assault on Mac'Aree, but they wouldn't fit in into anything like GS or ED xpacs.

I just hope that Blizz doesn't let the whole naaru thing slip away like that, especially after how they've built their thang up to be all like "HAY GUYZ, I R TEH POWARFUL W1ND CHIM3"
Ebbitt wrote:Arthas is sitting there watching over the front door then... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS, we just got inside by the back door and facerolled all your defenses.
Lumennon
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:28 am

Well, the Naaru are tied to the void. So a void god boss in uldum or something isn't entirely out of the question. We don't know if Naaru were involved in the war against the evil gods.

The Naaru also fit in with the Draenei stuff and blood elf redemption. They may have felt like a one-shot coming from Vanilla, but they were supposed to be there.
Elsie

Return to WotLK