Remove Advertisements

Shields at lvl 80

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Shields at lvl 80

Postby Lumenos » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:08 pm

Of the shields Titansteel Shield Wall and Royal Crest of Lordaeron which would be the preferred under the assumption that with either you're defense capped? They're both fairly easily available pre-raid.

Also, for the Titansteel Shield Wall, does anyone know if it's a general BS recipe or does it require armorsmith?
Lumenos

Re: Shields at lvl 80

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Lumenos wrote:Of the shields Titansteel Shield Wall and Royal Crest of Lordaeron which would be the preferred? They're both fairly easily available pre-raid.

Also, for the Titansteel Shield Wall, does anyone know if it's a general BS recipe or does it require armorsmith?

I think you'll find as you ding 80 the extra defense on the Titansteel Shield Wall will be handy. Beyond that it's really splitting hairs.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:31 pm

As far as I'm aware, the Shield Wall is a trainer recipe, so everyone should get it. I never took up a BS spec, and I had it.
Belloc

Re: Shields at lvl 80

Postby mazater » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:00 pm

Lumenos wrote:under the assumption that with either you're defense capped?

I'd take crest of Lordaeron since I'm a staminawhore and it seems to have a bit more strength.
mazater

Postby Harlequina » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:10 pm

They both are friggin' sexy...
Harlequina

Postby lythac » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:27 pm

[Titansteel Shieldwall] uses [Titansteel Bar] created by miners on a 20 hour CD. As those bars won't be cheap (used for 12 other epics) It might be fairly easy to get pre raid, but will cost a lot or rather that money could be better spent elsewhere (gems etc.). If you're a miner, go for [Titansteel Shieldwall], if not spend your time split between heroics going for [Royal Crest of Lordaeron] and [Red Sword of Courage].
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby PsiVen » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Titansteel, unless for some reason you want hit. At least in T7, you will never reach the point where you're comfortably defense capped and can afford to trade it for a minor stat boost and some hit. Now, if the hit was SBV or something...
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Mortehl » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:33 pm

The BOE epics are underwhelming because there are heroic options available that fill the niche.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Obrimos » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:35 pm

Mortehl wrote:The BOE epics are underwhelming because there are heroic options available that fill the niche.

Multiple sources are bad?
Obrimos

Postby Mortehl » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:38 pm

Obrimos wrote:
Mortehl wrote:The BOE epics are underwhelming because there are heroic options available that fill the niche.

No and that isn't what I said either. I feel the other options make the boe underwhelming.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby lythac » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:47 pm

Mortehl wrote:
Obrimos wrote:

No and that isn't what I said either. I feel the other options make the boe underwhelming.

The BoE is underwhelming when looked at the difference between a lvl 70 rare and epic shield compared to 80 rare and epic. However at 70 we didn't have to grind a Heroic for a weapon as the best was from revered KoT rep. Now we do have a heroic grind for a weapon, an epic BoE shield whilst underwhelming is nice.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Jasari » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:47 pm

I'll be getting the Titansteel Shield Wall because I want the defense, and I'm a miner so it will be really easy to snag. I also like the look of it more, especially as a horde paladin.
Jasari

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Jasari wrote:I'll be getting the Titansteel Shield Wall because I want the defense, and I'm a miner so it will be really easy to snag. I also like the look of it more, especially as a horde paladin.
"really easy" is a huge understatement. Good luck finding those titanium nodes, especially when everyone else will be trying for them as well.

Seriously, they're rare enough without poachers looking for nothing but them.
Belloc

Postby Obrimos » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Belloc wrote:
Jasari wrote:I'll be getting the Titansteel Shield Wall because I want the defense, and I'm a miner so it will be really easy to snag. I also like the look of it more, especially as a horde paladin.
"really easy" is a huge understatement. Good luck finding those titanium nodes, especially when everyone else will be trying for them as well.

*shrug* I know Alchemists and 2 of my top level characters are miners. It really shouldn't be too difficult to find them during normal "Oh, levelin' my professions" runs.

I'll be farming them on my Rogue, anyway, to make motorcycles.
Obrimos

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:04 pm

Obrimos wrote:
Belloc wrote:

*shrug* I know Alchemists and 2 of my top level characters are miners. It really shouldn't be too difficult to find them during normal "Oh, levelin' my professions" runs.

I'll be farming them on my Rogue, anyway, to make motorcycles.

If they follow the same form from beta, they are a pain in the ass to get, to say the least. However, beta is skewed a bit because one of the other zones that they spawn in was closed for most of it.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Next

Return to WotLK