Remove Advertisements

Prepping for WotlK.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby guillex » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:29 pm

Seraphyna wrote:
gmf1 wrote:Just a quick question regarding epic flying mount, i also have not found the money to buy one, how much gold are you looking at making from quests/vendoring quest rewards uptill 77? Only got one more week of dailys to go and i have 100g atm :( and the 900g to buy cold weather flying.

Get home at 530>raid>go home> repeat, is what ive been doing lately so have had no time to make any cash, and repairs respecs ect use all of my limited money supplies.

I found I made at least 1k gold going from 68-75 in Northrend. Making cash in Northrend will be pretty easy, especially with the amount of daily quests and left over quests after hitting lv80.

I'd like to personally make mine well beforehand. I'm halfway there, but it's not lookin' like a realistic goal. I think I'll stick in TBC for a little bit before installing the CE and heading to Northrend.

Yes, I know that it'd be faster questing there and getting cash... But I don't have any alts past 25, and I'm an engy/chanter... So I have to grind dailies and sell greens.

In any case, I have a Furies Deck up on the AH right now, we'll see if it sells... Faire starts tomorrow... That'd bring me to just about 3k.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Grimmal » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:35 pm

I have a question. If I don't install WotLK yet will I still get max level coin for the quests I haven't completed?

I won't be able to buy the expansion until this coming weekend I've just realized so was wondering if I could still grind out another 2k or more in quest money with my rogue.
Grimmal

Postby majiben » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:05 pm

yup as long as you are at the max level cap for your account quests give money instead of EXP.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Grimmal » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:08 pm

Majiben wrote:yup as long as you are at the max level cap for your account quests give money instead of EXP.

Thanks, gives me something more to then since finding any instance group will be next to impossible. lol
Grimmal

Postby degre » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:56 am

Guillex wrote:and I'm an engy/chanter...

Engi has been one of the keys for me after I was done charging insane money for the penguin glyph.

Check your AH for pets and see if anyone is selling the Yeti, if none is abusing the market get your recipe for free, buy the mats and start selling.

I've had to lower the price these days as competitors came in the market, but I've been selling for a while about 1 a day at 300g, that's a 200/250g profit, now I'm going for about 150g apiece, depending on the price for mats I gain some 60/100 each.

Too lazy to really follow the thing, but since patch day this lovely pet provided me some 3k (which I wasted in impressive ways).

Too bad you dont have mining and the new mats will go pricey, Engi will means gold again with the new primals and with the imba Gnomish Army Knife.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Ryoku » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:10 am

Guillex wrote:Grinding money for my epic flying mount.

Gogo many days /played @ 70, with never having had enough cash for one. :(
Doing the same. I suck at getting cash :(

Oh well have 3k now atleast
Ryoku

Postby katraya » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:09 am

Yesterday I spent several hours leveling up cooking and first aid from the low 100s to 375. I still want to level fishing as well, at 50 now, but I think I'll worry about that later on down the road.

I'm still doing most of the dailies for cash. I have just about enough to get my epic flyer now, but I think I am going to wait until 77 to actually get it. I don't want to go into Wrath poor and it seems a waste to buy something I can't use yet. I am starting to get the mats together for the fast 'copter, but I won't make it until I am sure I am keeping engineering.

I would like to find time to do a Kara, heroic MagT, and/or ZA this week. That isn't preparation so much as completion, I'm a newer 70 (on this toon) and I haven't found time to do either on my pally yet. A few upgrades from there wouldn't hurt either, though I'd rather grab those from our final BT run Tuesday.

I also need to "prepare" by spending some time with my boyfriend before I ignore him for several days straight once Wrath comes out. :wink:
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby daemonym » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:12 am

i'm powering my druid to level 70 (currently 64) so they can mine and skin to provide my pally with the mats for lw/jc leveling. other than that just saving up loads of money for my DK flyer/ground epic and leveling trade skills. got my gear all planned out already and looking forward to doing naxx.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Kracus » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:15 am

I'm happy gold wise. Have enough for the ring and what flying mounts I'm going to buy (don't want the caravan). I want to finish up consortium, only 6k away. I'm getting bored faster though and starting not to care about finishing up much anymore, though the fel arm thing didn't think about it. I do have a good portion of dust right now.

The only thing I should actually do that I haven't is started farming up the mats I'll need to level JCing when I'm done needing most of BSing at 80.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby BubbaBill » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:39 am

Kracus wrote:I'm happy gold wise. Have enough for the ring and what flying mounts I'm going to buy (don't want the caravan). I want to finish up consortium, only 6k away. I'm getting bored faster though and starting not to care about finishing up much anymore, though the fel arm thing didn't think about it. I do have a good portion of dust right now.

The only thing I should actually do that I haven't is started farming up the mats I'll need to level JCing when I'm done needing most of BSing at 80.

I've seen a couple people mention "the Caravan" now. What is this?
BubbaBill

Postby Karador » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:53 am

BubbaBill wrote:I've seen a couple people mention "the Caravan" now. What is this?

18,000 gold mount that can carry people and has vendors on it as well for repairs and reagents and so forth.

Mammoth Mount
Karador

Postby Brute » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:04 am

Karador wrote:
BubbaBill wrote:I've seen a couple people mention "the Caravan" now. What is this?

18,000 gold mount that can carry people and has vendors on it as well for repairs and reagents and so forth.

Mammoth Mount

Why on earth would one buy this thing? It doesn't go any faster does it? Being a mammoth, it can't fly, can it?
Brute

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:33 am

Brute wrote:
Karador wrote:

Mammoth Mount

Why on earth would one buy this thing? It doesn't go any faster does it? Being a mammoth, it can't fly, can it?

Hmm... vendors on it you say... Might be worth it if you have a group you are leveling with, and combine to buy one.

Depends on how expensive the engineering vendor things are.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby daemonym » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:39 am

WTB non retarded gold sink, pst
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Joacimcans » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:06 pm

daemonym wrote:WTB non retarded gold sink, pst

I heard the epic rings you buy from dalaran are actually pretty good if you have the gold to buy them. I dont have a link because i dont know what they are called.
Joacimcans

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK