Prepping for WotlK.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Prepping for WotlK.

Postby Joacimcans » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:15 pm

So today i have begun my prep work for WotlK. I bought 24 fel arms because they are really cheap on my server's AH only around 8-10g each. This is kind of important for me because the new shoulder enchant wont be accessable for a while after hitting 80 and even when it is it isnt a huge upgrade. If i were not an enchanter i would also have bought enchanting mats so that i can enchant any gear i upgrade along the way because I am pretty sure it is not just my server that the bottom is falling out of all the markets.

The other thing i bought off the market today was enough leather/mats for making 4 new leg patches. Cost of mats was only around 80G each.

The only thing i can really suggest against buying before next week is epic gems because the new green quality gems in WotlK are equal or better than epic gems.

Is anyone else doing anything special to get ready for launch day?
Joacimcans

Postby guillex » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:17 pm

Grinding money for my epic flying mount.

Gogo many days /played @ 70, with never having had enough cash for one. :(
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Guillex wrote:Grinding money for my epic flying mount.

Ouch!
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Zumor » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:29 pm

the first enchants you can reach are the same power as the old epic enchants of aldor/scryer, only a bit gold instead of fel arms, you should save around 16felarms for leveling, you dont need to enchant while leveling,
enchant when you hit lvl 80 and get lvl80 shoulderplate, then enchant the next time when you get something epic in naxx or heroic, by then you should be able to get the new enchants.
enchanting while leveling is not realy that great, it costs a little bit (ok, enchants for leveling are cheaper than ever, but you need time and an enchanter for that, you exchange your stuff with lvl80 faster than ever, you wont need enchanted stuff while leveling)

as a BS I liked to enchant my weapon with the new Weaponchain, it gives hitrating and disarm-time-reduce, super cheap and better than nothing
same goes for the new gemsockets as BS, supercheap as well, and while mining you get enough gems, just have a guildmate or friend who makes them for you.

legarmors are rare, they are again a bit expensive, but you wont need pants-enchants until you touch heroicraid, you have more than enough stamina on your new gear until then, dont waste money on buying the mats on 80, you dont need it asap,
Zumor

Postby Morolann » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:09 pm

I'm 200g short of my first epic flying mount :S (I've actually made my engi one, just dont have the training).

So I'll have to do the Quel'Denas dailies tonight before I get home and install Lich King :D (yay for having wholesale connections and getting my collectors edition today)
Morolann

Postby Zoltar » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:38 pm

Morolann wrote:I'm 200g short of my first epic flying mount :S (I've actually made my engi one, just dont have the training).

I thought you had to pay for the riding skill before the schematic was available to you?

Zoltar

Postby Jasari » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:44 pm

Zoltar wrote:
Morolann wrote:I'm 200g short of my first epic flying mount :S (I've actually made my engi one, just dont have the training).

I thought you had to pay for the riding skill before the schematic was available to you?

Nah, I had my roflcopter made on my engi alt before I bought him the skill
Jasari

Postby Seraphyna » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:03 pm

The last of the preparations I'm going to me making is getting my cooking and fishing up to 375.

I've recently made the move from Mage to Paladin, and getting those two up and finished is pretty much the last thing to do before I'm back up at the same point.

Apart from that, I spent the other night solo tanking Kara to hopefully get some new gear (picked up a ring, cloak and boots, along with the Arcanite Ripper :D ) so now I've got a respectable tanking set, and now that I'm over the uncrittable mark, I'm able to get the health pool somewhere decent too.

All up, I'm pretty happy how quickly I've gotten my tankadin up to a ready to go state, and am looking forward to be pushing forward in Wrath.
Seraphyna

Postby yappo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:45 pm

I'll grind more money to buy all trainer plans for BS (hit 375 today), make myself those Boots of the Protector (now that I can) and either fish or kill for reagents to clean up that pesky 373 cooking skill.

At least I have that epic flying mount now, even though it came at the cost of still running around in some green gear and never seeing a number of the basic lvl 70 instances. I can only hope that was the wise choice.
yappo

Postby Novariety » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:54 pm

I got the 5k gold for mine then I decided to get epic flightform on my herb/mining druid. With the mad rush to 80 that isn't going to be of any help :(.

Only 2k to go on the pally's epic flyer.

Doing a few netherstorm/SMV quests to hand in come xpac.

And trying to free up space in my bags have gone from 70/90 to 50/90, will try and bring that number down even further.
Novariety

Postby Dianora » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:12 pm

I turn my main into ret for 1 day... To grind for money. Made about 2k of money this week, but still 13k away from my goal of 26k (20k for the caravan, 6k for DK).
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Grimmal » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:51 pm

Ouch. I bought my Paladin her epic flyer the other day and used up all my cash. 5 days later I'm sitting at 2100 between all my characters and even gave 500 to a friend so she could buy her epic land mount.

This is without doing daily quests. Just selling anything and everything I find and playing up my new characters. Surprisingly, Motes/Primals are still going like hotcakes and I had a TON stockpiled that I finally decided to liquidate last week.
Grimmal

Postby yappo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:04 pm

Go get that mount. You still have the riding skill at 80, but your gear will be replaced. It's not a 2.8 speed-increase over your epic land-mount -- it's a 4 - 5 speed increase.

I hit riding 300 Friday, after spending two weeks of playing grinding money and very little else. Come Friday I bought the skill but lacked 185 gold for the mount (gotta love that Magic Broom). Sunday had me with the basic epic mount, levelling BS from 365 to 375 (ten Felsteel Gloves crafted from a plan that dropped Wednesday) and a fair part of the reagents needed for a crafted upgrade to my boots.

Farming materials (in my case mining) is a LOT faster now, so much that it effectively pays the 5.2k gold in no time at all. Close to 30% of the ore came from mining, something that would have been impossible without fast flying.

Now, this may not sound like WotLK material, but you're likely to land a dry DK in Outland during December or earlier, even if you level your main to 80 first. That DK could do with some farming help from your epic-flying main, as I expect the AH running as dry as your DK when it comes to Outland reagents.

You'll want to be able to move a lvl 7X char to Outland, hot-land it wherever, clean out what needs cleaning out and move on, without spending too much time in transport.
yappo

Postby gmf1 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:59 pm

Just a quick question regarding epic flying mount, i also have not found the money to buy one, how much gold are you looking at making from quests/vendoring quest rewards uptill 77? Only got one more week of dailys to go and i have 100g atm :( and the 900g to buy cold weather flying.

Get home at 530>raid>go home> repeat, is what ive been doing lately so have had no time to make any cash, and repairs respecs ect use all of my limited money supplies.
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby Seraphyna » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:50 pm

gmf1 wrote:Just a quick question regarding epic flying mount, i also have not found the money to buy one, how much gold are you looking at making from quests/vendoring quest rewards uptill 77? Only got one more week of dailys to go and i have 100g atm :( and the 900g to buy cold weather flying.

Get home at 530>raid>go home> repeat, is what ive been doing lately so have had no time to make any cash, and repairs respecs ect use all of my limited money supplies.

I found I made at least 1k gold going from 68-75 in Northrend. Making cash in Northrend will be pretty easy, especially with the amount of daily quests and left over quests after hitting lv80.
Seraphyna

Next

Return to WotLK