Crystals (primals of wotlk). any1 know farming spots?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Crystals (primals of wotlk). any1 know farming spots?

Postby MonkH » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:54 am

any1 know farming spots(from their experience in beta or wherever) in wotlk for crystallized elements? the new primal stuff in wotlk

also any1 experience new engi extractor or seen anything like the engi mote extractor a wotlk version of it?
Daeden Prot Pala of EU-Frostmane.

Classes also played:
Druid, Warlock, Priest, Warrior, and now Paladin
MonkH

Re: Crystals (primals of wotlk). any1 know farming spots?

Postby Dianora » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:11 am

MonkH wrote:any1 know farming spots(from their experience in beta or wherever) in wotlk for crystallized elements? the new primal stuff in wotlk

also any1 experience new engi extractor or seen anything like the engi mote extractor a wotlk version of it?

same extractor. same goggle (save your tanktronic for no other reason, the new 80 goggle does not need original goggle).
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Sharlos » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:15 am

Dianora wrote:
MonkH wrote:any1 know farming spots(from their experience in beta or wherever) in wotlk for crystallized elements? the new primal stuff in wotlk

same extractor. same goggle (save your tanktronic for no other reason, the new 80 goggle does not need original goggle).

Well if that's the case the mote extractor is going to become a significantly nore expensive thing to craft with the primal requirement.
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby Eaglestrike » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:09 am

Sharlos wrote:
Dianora wrote:

Well if that's the case the mote extractor is going to become a significantly nore expensive thing to craft with the primal requirement.

I highly doubt primals will be increasing in cost...you still get them just from leveling gathering professions and leveling alts (like DK's!) through Outlands areas, so it'll still get farmed and sold.
Eaglestrike

Postby MomysLidlMonsta » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:18 am

There are many Elementals with good dropchance in Wintergrasp, but that is also the PvP-Zone. So depending on your server, faction and server time it might be a kickass spot for farming eternals or you might be dead most of the time
MomysLidlMonsta

Postby Cowadin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:30 am

iirc, you also get the eternals from mining nodes -- and not just like motes of fire from fel iron, but each type of eternal can drop from a node.

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby Tankznspankz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:23 pm

but each type of eternal can drop from a node.

except eternal life
Tankznspankz

Postby Selinaria » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Best farming is from Wintergrasp. Plenty of all types there iirc (no life farming there though). Also it is even better if you control wintergrasp because only the controlling side can see greater revenants of each type which have an even better drop rate of the associated crystallized type.

Mining covers everything though (except life as noted previously).

Cobalt gives water and earth.
Saronite gives earth and shadow. (and you will end up with obscene amounts of earth and shadow if you mine even semi-regularly)
Titanium gives fire and air.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Drathian » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Selinaria wrote:Best farming is from Wintergrasp. Plenty of all types there iirc (no life farming there though). Also it is even better if you control wintergrasp because only the controlling side can see greater revenants of each type which have an even better drop rate of the associated crystallized type.

Mining covers everything though (except life as noted previously).

Cobalt gives water and earth.
Saronite gives earth and shadow. (and you will end up with obscene amounts of earth and shadow if you mine even semi-regularly)
Titanium gives fire and air.

So strictly as far as gathering goes, are we seeing mining being able to gather more "motes" through mining nodes than engineering can though clouds?
Drathian

Postby Selinaria » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:01 pm

Drathian wrote:So strictly as far as gathering goes, are we seeing mining being able to gather more "motes" through mining nodes than engineering can though clouds?

I personally will not comment on the actual comparison between engi and mining, but overall mining is very solid for acquiring crystallized water,earth,shadow and a decent source of fire and air. Fire and air come titanium which is semi-rare so it isn't the best source of those.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Chunes » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:42 pm

frozen earth and frozen water come from cobalt nodes. IIRC, frozen earth, fire, and shadow come from saronite nodes.

frozen life has dropped off of some of the earth like elementals (i'm not sure, i had all of 2 eternal lifes in my bank in the beta.)

that's my experience as a miner. Herbalists/skinners may have very different experiences.

Unless they tweaked the drop rates, saronite nodes drop a ton of frozen "motes", cobalt a little less.
Chunes

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:58 pm

but each type of eternal can drop from a node.

My Eng/Mining alt approves of this development.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Markoh » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:22 pm

You can farm for eternal airs at the reverants in stormpeaks. They changed it so there are less of the traditional elementals around (except in wintersgrasp) and a lot of reverants around. They have a pretty good drop rate, I had to kill like 8 of them for a quest and I ended up with half an eternal air.
Markoh

Return to WotLK