Remove Advertisements

Changeable Specs

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:00 am

Yes you can always take more steps to protect yourself but you never ever blame the victim for the crime. Maybe I've just watched too much Law and Order S.V.U. to see the way that sort thinking can head down.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Silpher » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:40 am

i readz manetankodan fer lahz n lawls.
Silpher

Postby phaqueue » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:29 am

Majiben wrote:Yes you can always take more steps to protect yourself but you never ever blame the victim for the crime. Maybe I've just watched too much Law and Order S.V.U. to see the way that sort thinking can head down.

so... you're a victim of a set in place system?

I'm not trying to blame the victim - I'm trying to say - without an actual crime... how is there a victim?

it is not against the rules of the game to do it... and although "social norms" are that you don't do it generally... there is nothing stopping people from doing so...

to come back to the swearing thing... I live in the USA... swearing is not illegal when walking down the street... but it is not the "social norm" in most places... so if I walk down the street using tons of obsceneties, will I probably get some angry looks or people telling me they are offended? maybe... but is there anything they can really do to stop me other than asking me? nope...

it's the same idea... you have a way to stop this... either run with friends (RL example: hang with friends who don't speak in ways that offend you), run your own group and explain rules beforehand (RL: invite people to your home where you can kick them out if they don't follow the rules). or don't run the instances at all (RL: stop talking to people completely and stay away from anywhere you might find offensive language)

and for the record - I was not making fun of any learning disability... just pointing out that it's a lot easier to take your argument as serious and well thought out when you can take the extra 30 seconds to hit a spell check button or look over your work...

(edit: spelling)
phaqueue

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:10 am

Majiben wrote:EDIT: Deviate is a word and thus escapes spell checks. Worse yet it has the same roots as deviant giving it the "right feeling" when reread.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Discus » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:42 am

I wish it became law in the USA to watch Apocalypse Now.

"We train soldiers to drop fire on people and then ban them writing f ** k on their airplanes because it's obscene"

Anyway, back on topic... how will this switch work? Will it swap just gear or will you have 2 talents specs too?
Discus

Previous

Return to WotLK